Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 PM   #31
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Plain and simple....Like dori said above....pay for a clean example and stop bitching....

OR......buy a POS that has a good foundation (no rust, good frame) and put the wrench time in to make it nice.

Example: I bought my '95 s14 SE in 2008 for 3k....it had been involved in a minor accident....I've recently spent twice my purchase price on paint, body and new windows....Will I ever get that back?....Prolly not, but I'd like a nice car...

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #32
chancelton

Trader Rating: (0)
chancelton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man maybe i should try to sell mine somewhere that isnt texas cuz i cant even get 5 for a well built s13 sr car
chancelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #33
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
posted my hatch up recently in chicago cl.
had it listed with a semi reasonable but pretty high asking price hoping someone would lowball me close to my real value.
someone drove 9 hours from minnesota and paid the original asking price on the dime.

not sure if i just dealt with a one off buyer or if that's a true testament to the state of the midwest. you can decide.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #34
iJDM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
iJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancelton View Post
man maybe i should try to sell mine somewhere that isnt texas cuz i cant even get 5 for a well built s13 sr car
Come sell it in Maryland I sold my stock Sr s13 coupe for 6k, two days after posting :P
Old 07-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #35
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Well here in florida where none of our cars rust I cant give my stock 98' away for 4300.

I am going to have to take 4000 or less for it (3800). its been 8 months and those are the two highest (serious) offers I get.

Oh and never mind its got the best frame rail I have ever seen on a 240. But nobody cares- "wahts a frame rail" LOL
WOOOW, That would got for at least 7000$ in canada. How much do 350z go for ?
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #36
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Clean original cars are the same price as they were 10 years ago there are just less of them today. Buy something newer and better or don't complain.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #37
Skilz10179
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Skilz10179 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
As already stated, these cars are really rare in the grand scheme of things. In the Detroit area with the exception of car shows or track events I literally might see 3-4 S13/S14's per year on the street if I'm lucky, I don't think I've seen a single S14 on the street in over a year.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #38
DespiseYou
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
DespiseYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think I just got lucky with my purchase or the seller was incredibly nice to me. But I purchased a 1991 s13 coupe with 300k miles, a rebuilt motor, and with pbm coilovers. The best part? It was in excellent condition. Bone stock, still 4 lug, original steering wheel, still had all the interior, back seats, UNCRACKED dash, basically all the oem stuff was still there. Did I mention it had a silvia k's front end that was color matched with the rest of the car? The best part of it all was that the seller was only asking $3,500 for it. To me, the price was justified and I didn't feel that the owner implanted drift tax in his asking price. He knew exactly what he had, a 24+ year old jap car.

The only reason you see drift tax is because people think they have a gem of a car. They think that it's a collectors car no matter what condition the car is in.
DespiseYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #39
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
meh, when i get off my ass and part with my S13 one day... im not taking any less than $15k for it. and thats not drift tax, its "this is a fully restored S13 that runs perfectly, is tuned correctly, is built using quality brand name parts and has 5+ years worth of restoration work done to it to make sure everything is exactly as it should be and not ghetto rigged together" tax.

and oh yes, people will bitch...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #40
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDM View Post
Come sell it in Maryland I sold my stock Sr s13 coupe for 6k, two days after posting :P
The DMV market is awesome right now lol. I recently got $4500 for my old beater coupe. Car was decent but was still just a single cam with some paint and the guy even let me keep the work wheels and 2-way that I had on the car. I just had it up as OBO or for trade and was surprised that there weren't really that many low ball offers. I did find it weird that I got higher offers for the car AFTER I tagged the wall at the track though...

I can't wait to see what I get for my reasonably clean hatch and two-tone whenever I decide to sell them. There are still deals to be had and its pretty easy to make a profit nowadays so I don't see why people are complaining.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #41
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
damn, I got my 3 240's for the price of like one of those
1st one 89 manual $1000 out of a barn after it had been sitting for 10 years
2nd one 89 auto out of some cholos backyard for for $600
3rd one 92 auto out of some guys garage for $800
2nd and third I bought this year
Though I guess none of them worked when I bought them, but hey you can always work on them, thats the reason anyone buys these cars anyway
gotta watch CL like a hawk bruh
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:23 PM   #42
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Just have to wait for the right owner. I picked up my s14 8 years ago bone stock for $3k. Then Last week a 93 hatch for $1500 super clean
Old 07-30-2015, 10:43 PM   #43
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
^ true. i've had multiple bone stock 240s at extremely reasonable prices from Indiana of all places.

either gotta be patient or go get it.
or both.

and for the sake of discussion; much harder to find a clean 240 in major cities. gotta go somewhere no one has ever heard of.

also anyone else creeping chicago cl notice the couple dealership s chassis' popping up?
(obviously used car dealers and over priced, but hey, desperate times.)
Old 07-30-2015, 11:47 PM   #44
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
At least they're not as bad as 86's. Get an mr2.
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:29 AM   #45
claaasssiiiccc21
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
claaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It all depends on the time of year. 240s are at their peak right now. Buy them in late October-February and they will be HALF the price.
The market is driven by dumbass high school kids spending mom's money.

The market has changed a LOT though. What I have noticed since I got into them in 2008.
Back then stock cars or non-perfect cars were dirt cheap. KA cars were nearly worthless. Swapped cars were expensive as hell. An SR'd S14 kouki would go for $12k+ and 2JZ or LS cars were $17k+ typically just under $20k.

Then in the middle period around early 2013 their values dropped like a rock. Stock cars started becoming more valuable and SR swaps became the new KA, RB and JZ swaps were the new SR, and V8 swaps took over the top swap from the 2JZ.

Now its the total opposite. Clean cars are hard to come by. Stock cars are overpriced. Built JZ/RB/ nice SRs are way underpriced.

2008: stock S13 KA car clean $2000, Built 2JZ S14 kouki $19,000
2015: stock S13 KA car rough $5,000, Built 2JZ S14 kouki <$13,000
Pretty sad. How messed up is it that the price of a NICE RB S14 is worth like $1500 more than a stock shit KA... sad.
claaasssiiiccc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:44 PM   #46
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

it's not that they're worth less, there just isn't a market for $20,000 240sx's.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #47
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Here is a perfect example right here of "drift tax".

Exhibit 1

S14 w/ S15 front end, Turbo KA (horribly done as well), a FMU to control fuel (ticking time bomb), shoddy wiring, cheap gauges that are seeming not mounted correctly, stretched tires, "Stance", Ebay clutch, Ebay radiator, fans, etc. Ebay everything else, a new "paint job", No radio, Rust on the floor pan, no heat, hacked up dash harness, shitty weld job with hood exit exhaust............and for the finale, the fuel filler neck moved to the trunk!!!! And asking 10K

NJ S14 for sale

Exhibit 2

S14 w/ S15 front end (done correctly), built by ASE certified son and dad, SR20, refreshed engine, GT28R turbo, RPF1s, 300ZX brakes, bucket seats, new paint, HIDs, receipts, single owner, Jesus the list is ENDLESS with quality worksmanship!! Asking for 10K!!

Properly done S14

Drift tax and idiots are real. And its ridiculous how many people are nutt swinging the first example .

The idiot with the first one just blew it up!! Hahahahahahahhah! 10K for a ticking time bomb!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #48
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by claaasssiiiccc21 View Post
It all depends on the time of year. 240s are at their peak right now. Buy them in late October-February and they will be HALF the price.
The market is driven by dumbass high school kids spending mom's money.

The market has changed a LOT though. What I have noticed since I got into them in 2008.
Back then stock cars or non-perfect cars were dirt cheap. KA cars were nearly worthless. Swapped cars were expensive as hell. An SR'd S14 kouki would go for $12k+ and 2JZ or LS cars were $17k+ typically just under $20k.

Then in the middle period around early 2013 their values dropped like a rock. Stock cars started becoming more valuable and SR swaps became the new KA, RB and JZ swaps were the new SR, and V8 swaps took over the top swap from the 2JZ.

Now its the total opposite. Clean cars are hard to come by. Stock cars are overpriced. Built JZ/RB/ nice SRs are way underpriced.

2008: stock S13 KA car clean $2000, Built 2JZ S14 kouki $19,000
2015: stock S13 KA car rough $5,000, Built 2JZ S14 kouki <$13,000
Pretty sad. How messed up is it that the price of a NICE RB S14 is worth like $1500 more than a stock shit KA... sad.

Also, 95% of those RB/JZ swap are put together terribly. Because of the avaibility of such swaps, anyone thinks they can throw together a swap and ask 19K. People are much wiser to pay 19K for a shit show RB/JZ swap.

Then the flip side, I remember Darius and his RB swapped S14 with almost 40K (receipts for EVERYTHING and it was one of the most well put together S14s in the past 10 years) in it couldn't fetch even half that!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #49
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Stock cars sell because no one wants to buy someone else's project, they want to build their own. Only time I could see buying someone else's completely built 240sx is if its close to or exactly what the buyer wanted in terms of exterior / interior / engine etc.