Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #13471
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
We'll dispose of all the missiles we don't want/need by firing them at your house.

Erm, parents house. More specifically your room.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #13472
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
We'll dispose of all the missiles we don't want/need by firing them at your house.

Erm, parents house. More specifically your room.

Need Basement Buster Missile for all the basement dwellers...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #13473
Corbic
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

So much money, to make such a retarded fanboy car....

I'm assuming the intakes run into the interior so you can Vape directly into the engine for extra scene points?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #13474
Corbic
Post Whore!

The more I look at the car, the more it makes my head hurts.

It's literally fucking backwards.

He put a Ferrari Mid-engine, engine in the front of his car.

Ran the intake into the interior going backwards...

Then ran the exhaust going forward and dumping out the front bumper.

Then to ensure the reverse build was complete... he has the front staggered wider then the rear.

Da Faq.

Something much cooler, more practical and actually fitting would have been to use a GT350 5.2 engine.

Flat Plane, 526hp 429 ft/tq and 8,250 RPM.

Ferrari 458 by comparison is 570hp 398ft/tq and 9,000rpm

Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #13475
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
But then it wouldn't have a Ferrari engine and would still be smugly.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #13476
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah...and none of the other options you listed were LS, so what's the point really? The motor you posted looks like a 5.0L Coyote motor. Is the 5.2 the same?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #13477
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
I have mixed feelings about the FRS with the Ferrari engine in it as well. I think they did it to be unique which it definitely is a unique build, I mean don't get me wrong, im sure its a blast to drive and hear the engine at high rpm. Id rather hear the Ferrari engine at high rpm than the gt350 but I do agree with corbic that the more you think about the engine lay out the more it gets you confused and with the money spent, there could of been more efficient options, but that's what you get when you have no care money to throw around.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:18 AM   #13478
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
The motor you posted looks like a 5.0L Coyote motor. Is the 5.2 the same?
The 5.2 has a flat-plane crank, the 5.0 does not. Same foot print though. Corbic probably posted that FRS just to show the Ford V8 fits. Pretty cool might I add!
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #13479
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
Yeah...and none of the other options you listed were LS, so what's the point really? The motor you posted looks like a 5.0L Coyote motor. Is the 5.2 the same?

Everyone does LS1s.

My point is that car is a stupid piece of shit.

Yes those photos are standard 430hp Coyote swaps. There are several companies doing swaps since you can get a complete CARB certified power pack with transmission, clutch, cats, harness, ecu and accessories for $12,000.

You'd easily spend over half that trying to boost the FA20 to 430hp and emissions compliance would be iffy.

The 5.2 Vodoo is dimensionally and visually similarity to the 5.0 Coyote. Ford does not sell the Vodoo, however they do sell the forged flat plane crank.

$1,125 for the crank.

With a pile of head, rods and other parts on the market you can build your own 9rpm whirling monster of death.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #13480
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Thought that swap was cool until I realized it was Corbic justifying more of his love for Fords.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #13481
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Thought that swap was cool until I realized it was Corbic justifying more of his love for Fords.
But in all seriousness the new Moostangs are pretty nice. I just wish they'd stop naming things after completely unrelated species.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #13482
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Woah, woah, woah. The car isn't 'a stupid piece of shit' just because you don't agree with it's direction. Let's take a step back and really understand what's going on here:

Yes, your observation isn't an oasis of brain activity. You're absolutely right. It was mounted in the front because of the overall weight distribution of the car. Putting a mid-engine in the car the way it's designed leads to a completely different plan of attack on an engineering standpoint. At that point, he may as well just build a Ferrari. Plus, no scene points.

Intake manifold could have probably been flipped or something made to accommodate front-mounted intakes or something like Forsberg uses but he's already limited on windshield real estate.

Exhaust on the front end leads me to believe it's a dump pipe but that could be debatable. This is only one image of the car after all and I'm too lazy to google.

The front reverse stagger isn't bigger wheels in the front - it's spaced wheels in the front to improve steering response and angle.

Can someone pour me a chilled glass of bleach?
Old 11-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #13483
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
But in all seriousness the new Moostangs are pretty nice. I just wish they'd stop naming things after completely unrelated species.
Mustang. Stallion. Horse. Horsepower. You know, that thing that generally causes them to fail unless the number is 200.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #13484
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I remember when they first posted what engine they were using on Facebook and showed that it would interfere with the firewall etc. Someone showed them a different intake manifold that bolts onto this engine that would clear everything and they just stayed with the Ferrari manifold anyways. There was definitely another option but they neglected it.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #13485
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I remember when they first posted what engine they were using on Facebook and showed that it would interfere with the firewall etc. Someone showed them a different intake manifold that bolts onto this engine that would clear everything and they just stayed with the Ferrari manifold anyways. There was definitely another option but they neglected it.

It prolly didn't say "Ferrari" on it...
Old 11-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #13486
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #13487
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
458 powered FRS makes you realize that Ferrari exhaust engineers don't put 1000's of hours into tuning the exhaust note to perfection for no reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmThJSF-KWw

The only real reason to have a Ferrari engine is for the sound, and they lost that iconic high pitched shriek with that wack exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLg3Eoea1mg
Old 11-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #13488
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I can see why shooting fire at the person tandeming next to you is a cool idea.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #13489
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
458 powered FRS makes you realize that Ferrari exhaust engineers don't put 1000's of hours into tuning the exhaust note to perfection for no reason.

The only real reason to have a Ferrari engine is for the sound, and they lost that iconic high pitched shriek with that wack exhaust.
Yeah it kinda just sounds like an f1 car or something.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #13490
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
458 motors aren't the best sounding ferrari v8 to begin with because of the larger displacement. 308/328, 348, and 355 are what you want for sound. BTW you can improve on stock... case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmE4YGv9Xx8
Old 11-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #13491
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Yo dawg. We heard you liked Ferraris...so we put a ferrari drifting around a ferrari so you could ferrari while you ferrari.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-enPjs8IiXY
Old 11-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #13492
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
458 motors aren't the best sounding ferrari v8 to begin with because of the larger displacement. 308/328, 348, and 355
True
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKUobz9iZ_g

I agree, but then you hear this countash and are speechless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZTYmQAFVwI

Doin it wrong content, Ferrari Dreamzzz:

Gat dat wine bottle holder in my 'rarri

mooor than you can afford, PAL
Old 11-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #13493
Corbic
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Zilvia kids would be like "odd ball JDM Drift Sedan. JZ turbo and RHD $10k"

[URL]https://instagram.com/p/BMspuefgSJh/

Last edited by Corbic; 11-14-2016 at 09:29 PM..
Old 11-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #13494
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Ima let you finish but the Ferrari F40 is the best V8 of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #13495
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Ima let you finish but the Ferrari F40 is the best V8 of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i want to agree with you 100 percent best V8 chassis of all time .. but the best sounding V8 Italian king will always be the 33 stradale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06VkutSM168
Old 11-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #13496
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

Doin it wrong content, Ferrari Dreamzzz:

Gat dat wine bottle holder in my 'rarri

mooor than you can afford, PAL

While building a fake Ferrari may not be the best idea of things to do, somebody definitely put in the wrench time. Body work is spot on and sans the wheel gap, it's a well built show car. It's just stupid is all.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #13497
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Best sounding Italian car ever. Koenigg Special TT F50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0JOzy2vwk
Old 11-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #13498
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

^ not even close at least IMO heres a few more to add to the list

abarth tc1000 group 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aT4HJdsdA

lancia beta montecarlo turbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YE3IK_gTQ

512bb LM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtNSFGZNHUA

288 GTO EVO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoHI9dFE8hg

back to the topic of DIW:

Old 11-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #13499
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Maybe it's the wheels but I've always hated this 326Power S14. I can't put my finger on it but I feel like it's the wheels. Hopefully the wheels.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #13500
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
^ not even close at least IMO heres a few more to add to the list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMNc7LBlWyw

start around 1 minute