Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
Silvia1EightySX

Trader Rating: (0)
Silvia1EightySX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nismo vs cusco motor mounts

I was wondering if anybody would happen to know if either one is better. Or feedbacks from owners of either motor mounts and how well they work. I am pretty sure I'm going to get a SR swapped in sometime in February since the KA's head gasket blew on me. And I want to replace the motor mounts so I won't have to use the KA mounts since they're 16 years old. I might not get the SR mounts, thats why.
Silvia1EightySX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
nismo: very streetalbe
cusco: hard and less streetable more track (regularly) suitable

its been covered in the search too
with cusco you need the motor and tranny mounts
nismo can be just motor iirc..check thru the search mode

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
nismos are soft. great mounts. my stock mounts were poo... as soon as i installed them, i noticed better response from the engine. guess it was moving around alot on the stock mounts...

they are stiff enough that every plastic panel inside the car will start rattling like a bitch. i imagine the cusco is worse in that regard.

yes, you can run nismo motor mounts with the stock tranny mount. i had it like that for three or four months without any issues.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
drift freaq's for the win.

cheaper too i believe

search for engine mounts + drift freaq
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #5
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Buy some stockers, and polyurathane the crap out of it.......
Old 01-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
CHARLIE2020
Zilvia Addict

CHARLIE2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CHARLIE2020 Send a message via Yahoo to CHARLIE2020
I daily drive with my CUSCO engine mounts, they are only bad when your at idle, if you rasie idle a tad bit it doesn;t shake teh whole car but if idles low around 700rpm it vibrates a pretty good amount. There are probably 3 times stiffer than NISMO mounts though, NISMO are just a lil bit better than brand new stock mounts IMO.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #7
CHARLIE2020
Zilvia Addict

You can use CUSCO engine mounts with stock tranny mount also BTW.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
jedc
Zilvia Member

jedc is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jedc
+1 for the stockers with polyurethane filled. Your motor will be solid, plus you can do the tranny mount while your at it. If you can find some stock mounts in good shape I'd say go for it. Home depot is your friend.
jedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #9
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Im running the nismo mounts and am very impressed. When comparing the engine movement to stock there is a huge difference,stock is all over the place and the nismo keeps the engine very solid but i do notice more vibrations inside the car. shifting is also a bit smoother in the high rpms.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #10
CHARLIE2020
Zilvia Addict

When you compare nismo's to used stock mounts there is obviously a huge differnce but when compared to new stock ones not a huge difference, but nismo's are way more comfortable than CUSCO's that for damn sure, but I can live with it i like knowing my engine is rock solid .
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 PM   #11
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yeah i like hard no rocking
im changing to URAS
tranny mount is already URAS

right now home made polye style. its ok. not as good as a solid block like the drift freaq/cusco/kazama/uras style'd ones
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #12
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have the Cusco Engine mounts and the Nismo Tranny. I dunno if I want to use the Cusco or buy some Nismo's. I wish someone had used both.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
yeah i like hard no rocking
im changing to URAS
tranny mount is already URAS

right now home made polye style. its ok. not as good as a solid block like the drift freaq/cusco/kazama/uras style'd ones
yo aaron, check out my mounts I think you'll like them hit me up.

oh ya and for S14DB, I had a customer that had the Cusco and hated them he bought our mounts and was very happy.
If you want a mount that is strong and better than the Nismo and won't rattle your teeth like the Cusco ours is the way to go.
hehehhehe shameless self promotion in effect

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #14
Silvia1EightySX

Silvia1EightySX is an unknown quantity at this point
I was searching for nismo and cusco, then I found kazama mounts. And the nismo motor + tranny mount runs about 200. And the cusco about 165. The kazama where around 225. I'll check on the drift freaq ones as well.
Silvia1EightySX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Kazama=Cusco
Old 01-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #16
S14DriftstaiN
Leaky Injector

S14DriftstaiN is a well-known jackass
I can only tell you that nismo mounts are agood up grade from stock.if your stockers are beat than hell yeh, easy install.swap must
S14DriftstaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
oh ya and our mounts are cheaper than Nismo's and made here in the United States. yes I know more shameless self promotion

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote