Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
SR Need SR motor help!!!

So i took my car for a test drive after fixing an oil leak, when i reved my motor and all the sudden my car almost died. doesnt want to run...and when running runs like compelete ass. when running (only runs when gas is pressed) blows black smoke......was running fine...then all the sudden pow...this happened...can anyone help me out here? when it first happened i was able to drive about a block, with the car running normal, then after that the car wouldnt accel past 2k rpm...was chugging also...any thoughts? the car recently also started to blow oil...(not 100% sure if coming from head gasket or valve cover gasket) started about a day before i fixed the other oil leak i had (oil bango to turbo...way diffrent spot)
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First two quesitons

have you checked to see if the ECU is throwing any codes? (search fourms for how to)

Have you made any changes (modifications repairs ect.) within a recent time as to when the car began running like ass?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
420sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lets do this logically.

when the car blows black smoke and choking means its runing rich. now. why does it run rich? did you hook up all your lines? no vacuum leaks?

and blowing oil out of valve cover?? what u got holes in it lol. take it off make sure the gasket is ok.

what exactly did u do else besides fixing oil bango. just go one step at a time back, see what u changed. write it down and post here.