Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-07-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
AadosX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
AadosX is making a name for him/her selfAadosX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AadosX
KA Cautionary Question About Rev Limiters...

Ok, I've been literally searching about stuff all night, it's now 7 a.m. and I'm still reading.

I've come to a question though...

I'm putting a 96 KA24DE motor into an S13 chassis, so I'll be using the S13 ECU. What exactly is the reasoning for the lower redline in S14s? I just want to make sure that I won't hurt anything revving the motor to 7k (since it will be controlled by my S13 ecu... right?)

For the record, I might just be putting the S13 cams in the S14 motor as well, if that changes anything.

Thanks,
John
AadosX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
S13 cams allow it to breather a little better up top...so they had a higher redline.

You won't hurt anything by taking a stock S14 motor to ~7000..it just won't make power up there as compared to an S14 motor with S13 cams.

Functionally, the S13 and S14 motors are identical...except for the cams and the head casting.

I take my S14 motor to 7500 regularly, under 12psi of boost...with no ill effects in +2 years. Before that, when I was N/A...it saw the same RPS...with S14 cam, S13 cams, a pair of S13 exhaust cams (248/248), and JWT cams.

It's safe, it's fine.

- Brian
Old 10-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
Redsunz916
Zilvia Junkie

Redsunz916 is an unknown quantity at this point
u can run 2 exhaust cams? that sounds like a good idea, if it would work? any feedback?
Redsunz916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Of course it works, didn't he just say that?

There's a ton of information about using the 248/248 setup, I bet if you search you might find it.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
slivia-junkie
Leaky Injector

slivia-junkie is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a question just to learn more about cars would a obd1 s13 ecu work with the 96 obd2 engine
slivia-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #6
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
swap the intake manifold, use the obd1 sensors and wiring harness.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 01:16 AM   #7
ryan hagen
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ryan hagen is making a name for him/her selfryan hagen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
its hard to find, i found the installation instructions last night, and searched for 2 hours today and couldnt find it, the searching and finding depends on the right key words, i found a nice set of directions last night for the exhaust cam swap, couldnt find it today, s14 cams are colored differnt than s13 cams yes? green and orange are opposites for each?

1990 hatch ka24de gt2871r
ryan hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
AadosX
Zilvia Addict

AadosX is making a name for him/her selfAadosX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to AadosX
Um make your own threads! :P Actually yeah just search, I found that info 100 times over the other night...

Thanks to Russ and Brian for the info.
AadosX is offline   Reply With Quote