Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
SlideWitMe

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideWitMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Prestamped body panels

I'm actually trying to figure out if there exists a shop that makes/sells pre-stamped patch panels for body work.
like... hmmm... a length of molded steel to replace the rocker panel area...

There are a couple of nasty spots under the door of my 240 that need new steel.

I'm guessing I'm not going to find anyone who's come across anything this specific for this paticular car, but if there is, then it seems this is the place to ask.

Thanks guys.
---------------
1990 240sx Fastback
Custom Rust
---------------
2002 C2 MTX
SVT Clutch & Flywheel
SlideWitMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
yeah a company does. i think it goes by the name: NISSAN

have a nice day.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
^I realize you're just trying to being a jerk so kudos for that and keep up the good work but he's asking for patch panels, not full panels.

Some companies make patch panels for uni-body cars so you can just cut the old panel out and weld in a new panel that will match perfectly. I had to fix a dent in my quarter-panel and looked around for patch panels and found nothing. I think your best bet is to go to a junkyard and cut whatever piece out that you need. It would be cheaper anyway.
ScottMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
body shops use full panels to make patch panels sometimes. its far easier than replacing a whole panel in some cases. then sometimes they fabricate using regular sheet metal.

while i was being a jackass i did give him a straight answer and nissan is the best place to get these panels. if they have any sort of body lines in them get em from nissan cause companies liek certi-fit SUCK at this (i have two fenders from them).

p.s. uh oh, we got a new edge cougar boy in the hizzam
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
time for sideskirts!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:57 PM   #6
SlideWitMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
body shops use full panels to make patch panels sometimes. its far easier than replacing a whole panel in some cases. then sometimes they fabricate using regular sheet metal.

while i was being a jackass i did give him a straight answer and nissan is the best place to get these panels. if they have any sort of body lines in them get em from nissan cause companies liek certi-fit SUCK at this (i have two fenders from them).

p.s. uh oh, we got a new edge cougar boy in the hizzam
Thanks guys.

Yes I was looking for smaller panels to weld on. If this was just a front fender or hood or any other "bolt on bolt off" part I wouldn't have asked.

I appreciate the dealership and junkyard advice.
I'll also check out this certi-fit company you're talking about. The problem area I mentioned doesn't really have any lines so I'm not worried about it.

... to add to my inquiry... will any average body shop sell sheet metal? I was thinking Home Depot too... but I really don't know enough about steel or... metal... or whatever to know the diff.

Oh and yes, I own a Cougar and yes I've been on that message board a few times. Since I got the 240 fixed up and titled and plated... I haven't driven the cougar once. Actually I think the battery is dead right now...
---------------
1990 240sx Fastback
Custom Rust
---------------
2002 C2 MTX
SVT Clutch & Flywheel
Old 11-04-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
SlideWitMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
time for sideskirts!!!!!!
heh... sure, but I'd want to stop it from rotting first.
---------------
1990 240sx Fastback
Custom Rust
---------------
2002 C2 MTX
SVT Clutch & Flywheel