Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
noynek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
noynek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
SOLD - Extrude Honed, Swain Coated, C/W Waste Gate FLange SR20DET OEM ExhaustManifold

Item is SOLD!

OK Guys, I have not been here for a wile since I sold my 180SX (I'm from the Caribbean) a long time ago.

I bought this Manifold from CODYACE with the flange welded, then had it Extrude Honed, then Swain Coated then shipped internationally to me.

I never actually got a chance to install this Baby as I totalled the car before and had to sell the wreck

PRICE:SOLD! (Including international shipping and Paypal fees to anywhere in the CON US).
Item Location - Trinidad and Tobago - Please note that Zilvia would not let me post without putting a Thread Prefix so I selected "FL" since that would be the port of entry if I ship the item.

Item will be shipped via International Priority Mail Express (EMS Mail). It is Traceable on the USPS website once shipped and typically takes 6-9 Days to be delivered. I've sold some items on Ebay and shipped to the USA via this method before. username: kayredman

Manifold comes with the heat shield that I wire wheeled and cut to fit over the flange. Was going to repaint the shield but never bothered. The actual Manifold has some slight scratches on the Swain coating due to test fitting the Shield multiple times and from handling near to other stored parts.

The Divider has a slight crack but that's quite normal for these. Ask Cody if you don't believe me.

Anyone who knows about the cost of Extrude Honing, Swain Coating and Welding of a flange and shipping between various suppliers for this heavy item will know that this is a great deal!!

SOLD! SOLD!

Last edited by noynek; 06-17-2014 at 03:43 AM.. Reason: ITEM IS SOLD
noynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
filluptieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
did you mean $75?
filluptieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by filluptieu View Post
did you mean $75?
Quote:
Anyone who knows about the cost of Extrude Honing, Swain Coating and Welding of a flange and shipping between various suppliers for this heavy item will know that this is a great deal!!
Apparently you don't
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
did you mean $75?
Lol.... REALLY KID!

This exhaust manifold is much better than most aftermarket ones.

OP Good luck with the sale!
I'm looking forward on getting mine done soon!
These things are awesome!
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
RocketBUNNY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
RocketBUNNY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Ya this aint a bad deal at all though I payed less for mine to have this done but I am a welder so I don't have to have to pay for that and I didn't have to ship my mani all over the place. Scoop it like buddy above me said your stock mani is waaay better then any aftermarket people just like the looks of the aftermarket ones.
RocketBUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #6
noynek
Leaky Injector

For further Transparency

These are the very close approximate prices that I paid

$115 - Cost of Waste gate flange and to professionallly weld it to the Manifold
$495 - Extrude Hone 4 Cylinder Manifold at Kennametal (does not include shipping to Swaintech Coatings)
$175 - White Lighting Ceramic coating at Swaintech Including US Continental Shipping

Total = $785 USD

This is a very fair estimate of what I paid it also does not include the cost off a used OEM manifold Approx 25-30 Dollars
Does not include all the Shipping charges such as

A-Ship to Cody to have it welded
B-Ship from Cody to Kenemetal
C-Ship from Kennametal to Swaintech coatings

Add $25 for manifold to $785 and you have +$800, before shipping costs

My Price includes shipping to anywhere in the Cont US and Paypal fees.

Fair value is what I wish to offer so if things have changed and this price is not reasonable then with proof I'll change my price. I don't intend to recover what I paid. I just want to offer fair market value while recovering something since I don't have a need for the manifold any more.

Feel free to make reasonable offers

Cheers

Last edited by noynek; 05-22-2014 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Quoted someone in error
Old 05-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #7
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
^^Well put, and agreed. I had done one up a few years ago right before I bailed on my SR. I was less baller and skipped the extrude hone. If you read up on the swaintech coating, the scratches are a non-issue. It is near impossible to get all the way through that coating, you simply matted it down some. That is a fair price considering there is no wait time, it's nearly indestructible, and it is quite possibly the best manifold for bottom mount SR setups. GLWS
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
indomiekid1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
indomiekid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
its a good price for a very good item. glws.
indomiekid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
lowjackcity

Trader Rating: (2)
lowjackcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this is pretty damn sweet. If it wasn't extrude honed (and thusly wasn't so expensive), I would grab this. GLWS!
lowjackcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #10
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would probably pay 350-500, tops..
Diddo on the hundo to professionally weld the flange, 200-400 to extrude hone (depending if you know a guy), and can skip the coating. Understand the benefits, but wouldn't feel like paying for it...

EDIT: Just remembered my thoughts I had on this about a year ago... --> ALTHOUGH, that coating MAY just save your now expensive OE manifold in the unlikely event of it cracking...

Last edited by Bleakley; 05-22-2014 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: There is also the, you never get back what you put into our cars...
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #11
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The only bad thing is, it will never sound as good as a nice tubular manifold still has that tractor oem manifold sound.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #12
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
filluptieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I never said it was a bad manifold, just said thats alot regardless of the honing done to it. First off, who would do that to a $5 manifold? I get the flange for the external wastegate but can promise you will never sell it at that price.

but I will admit I didnt know it the honing cost $500 bucks
filluptieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I never said it was a bad manifold, just said thats alot regardless of the honing done to it. First off, who would do that to a $5 manifold? I get the flange for the external wastegate but can promise you will never sell it at that price.

but I will admit I didnt know it the honing cost $500 bucks
Search/Read. He IS going sell it for multiples of what the OEM sells for. Bank on it..

Last edited by Bleakley; 08-11-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
noynek
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
^^Well put, and agreed. I had done one up a few years ago right before I bailed on my SR. I was less baller and skipped the extrude hone. If you read up on the swaintech coating, the scratches are a non-issue. It is near impossible to get all the way through that coating, you simply matted it down some. That is a fair price considering there is no wait time, it's nearly indestructible, and it is quite possibly the best manifold for bottom mount SR setups. GLWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by indomiekid1 View Post
its a good price for a very good item. glws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjackcity View Post
this is pretty damn sweet. If it wasn't extrude honed (and thusly wasn't so expensive), I would grab this. GLWS!
Thank Guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The only bad thing is, it will never sound as good as a nice tubular manifold still has that tractor oem manifold sound.
Haa Haa tractor sound!! Off course that's subjective but I can't disagree.

So the original Post has been updated to include some more detail pics as requested.

All PM'S have been replied to.

I'm off the grid for the next 24hrs so feel free to leave messages questions or Offers and I'd get back to them as soon as I can.

There are Pros and Cons to each and every setup out there.

My car was driven every single day. In an out of Stop and Go traffic. I wanted to keep the reliability and not have to worry about "fiddling" in the car every other weekend. (I did never get around to installing the mani but crap happens)

The heat retention/ early spool capability of this bottom mount T28 setup combined with the pin point control of an external wastegate and the ability to make 400+WHP while running pump Gas while not having to worry about manifold failures was what sold it for me.

Not to mention the relatively nice powerband this allows (Mid to high RPM) which is a night a day difference in a Daily Driver that could have been let loose any time I wanted.

Fact, This setup is not for everyone. But anyone who will upgrade past this after running a similar setup will do so when it is time to make BIGGGG power. TOP MOUNT T3/T4 2.2/2.4 / VE Head Maybe then the car becomes a different animal.

It depends on your goals and future needs.
The advent of the better designed GTX style turbos made the argument for this type of manifold even more compelling in my opinion.

Codyace was the one who really "propelled this" for me and as far as I know is still using this exact same manifold on his road race car with what is now a GTX2867 and seeing 400+ WHP. ( JWT TUNE, Fuel System Upgrades, S3 Cams, Upgraded Exhaust, Greddy Intake Mani, GTX turbo and a manifold just like this(I stand to be corrected if wrong). Feel free to search his many many posts about his own setup.

Yes!! more power can be had but something can't be had for nothing

There are many roads to get to the similar places in car tuning it's up to you to determine which route is best for you.

Last edited by noynek; 05-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Fixed some Spelling
Old 05-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by noynek View Post

Haa Haa tractor sound!! Off course that's subjective but I can't disagree.
Seriously I had an older guy come up to me at work and ask what I did to make my car sound like a john deere tractor. >.< haha.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
serious question...what threat do the divider cracks pose to a 25 year old manifold running 350+ hp? it would be bad to have a piece rip loose inside your turbo.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #17
smoketherear
Zilvia Member

smoketherear is an unknown quantity at this point
god i wish cody did the ka flange on it lol glws
smoketherear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #18
mattsil80wis
Zilvia Junkie

mattsil80wis is making a name for him/her selfmattsil80wis is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
serious question...what threat do the divider cracks pose to a 25 year old manifold running 350+ hp? it would be bad to have a piece rip loose inside your turbo.
It comes from the factory like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoketherear View Post
god i wish cody did the ka flange on it lol glws
He does, send him a PM and he can get you hooked up

I have the same setup on my car for the last 5yrs making 400+hp! one of the best mods I have done
mattsil80wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #19
smoketherear
Zilvia Member

smoketherear is an unknown quantity at this point
Cody from Pa is a friend his s14 is so clean

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
smoketherear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #20
noynek
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
Most of the Oem ones if you take them off you will see that there. There is really no threat.

Ask around or feel free to look a couple yourself
Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Seriously I had an older guy come up to me at work and ask what I did to make my car sound like a john deere tractor. >.< haha.

Maybe it's your car making john deer sound not the manifold...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

3" stainless straight piped with cams and a stock manifold/s15 t28. It's the manifold imo. I hate how they sound. Can't wait to do my long runner td06 manifold.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #23
noynek
Leaky Injector

Feel free to make offers
Old 06-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #24
noynek
Leaky Injector

Item is now Sold
Old 07-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #25
Yuda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
Yuda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
thanks for the manifold dude. very nice guy and great communication and packaging for anyone considering purchasing. highly recommend it.
Yuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #26
Kaifd3s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Kaifd3s is on the path to ruinKaifd3s is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice to see a fellow Trini on the board. Waz di scene?
Old 07-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #27
noynek
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuda View Post
thanks for the manifold dude. very nice guy and great communication and packaging for anyone considering purchasing. highly recommend it.
Most Welcome. Enjoy!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #28
noynek
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaifd3s View Post
Nice to see a fellow Trini on the board. Waz di scene?
Yup we're around. Good Stuff on Zilvia!