Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
oscvr

Trader Rating: (0)
oscvr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cluster dash lights wont turn on

ok so when i bought my s13 i noticed the cluster lights wont turn on i tought it was a fuse but they are all fine and then they told me to replace the white box next to the fuse box and i did and nothing happened but what i did notice when i open my trunk with the lever next to the seat my stereo completely cuts out any ideas
oscvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
mpapers22
Leaky Injector

mpapers22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem in my s13 and it was a pain. The dash light works as a dummy light to let you know that your taillights are out. Typically they both go together. The little white box by your kickpanel is called the TCU. Now dont ask me what it does or why when it shorts you lose dash and taillights because all i know is thats what happens. You can open up that white box and look at the circuit board inside and if you see any burnt spots its fried. If the TCU is not the problem you should go download some wiring schematics and see if there are any wires that run along your trunk unlock mechanism. Good luck man wiring is a bitch lol
mpapers22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
im willing to bet theres a short in the wires running beside the gas/trunk lever. it runs to the cig lighter and the seat belt control under the center console. most of the power wires are red/blue stripe for the illumiation system in an s13, which also tie into the radio, and hvac. im pretty positive the radio, hvac and interior lighting are all on one fuse.

Also the tcu is for 2 things... the wiper delay (one click on the wiper stalk) and dimmer switch for interior lights. Like others say, get a FSM. which is out there. search ob google for s13 electrical fsm. theres one on nicoclub for sure...
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote