Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
nv1992
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
nv1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA another 96 ka24de wont start

ok so ill start with i picked up this 96 s14 with a motor however the motor was in pieces. so after rebuilding it with some simple stuff and putting it in my car it wont start up it just cranks and crank and cranks.

im getting fuel
im getting spark
my MAF is good
i have compression
my timing is all correct
ive moved my distributor every which way.

i finally get it running one day by messing with my distributor after like 2-3 hours. it ran for like 3-5 mins then shut off/stalled out. today im messing with it and for some reason if my fuel pump fuse is in the car just wants to crank. i removed my fuel pump fuse and the car seems like it wants to start up but just doesnt have fuel. so while cranking it without the fuel pump fuse in i put the fuse in after a couple seconds and bam the car starts stays at idle then 5 mins later stalls out. also there seems to be a vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator but i cant find what it goes to the FSM shows something by the intake but i cant find it

Does anyone know what this problem could be any help would be appreciated ive searched for this problem but havent seen anything sorry i know this is a long post
nv1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links