Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Engine

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
XRP AN Fittings and Plumbing

The group buy earlier in the year was a good success and I have had several large orders since then. Now that I have had a good portion of the XRP product sift through my hands, I think it's time for a for sale thread. If you are not familiar with XRP, then you are missing out. I have had Earls, Russells, Aeromotive etc. and I can say the XRP product has a better finish... and cheaper in price to-boot! XRP product is widely used by professional race teams, ARCA, NASCAR, NHRA etc. They have a vast catalog that you can take a gander at:

*Download XRP Catalog Here*

*Download XRP New Products Catalog Here*

Please post if you have any questions on the product at all. If you would like to place an order or just want a quote then please email me with XRP part #'s attained from the catalog above and quantities at:

[email protected]

Note: XRP has nearly 4500 SKUs, so I don't bother trying to stock the product. I typically place an order with them sometime every week, so please keep that time frame in mind when ordering. Once I place the order, it takes 4 business days to get to me. I will then turn around and ship it out to you the very next day. So far this has worked out great and none of my customers have had any complaints.

XRP offers most hose ends in the following colors:
  • In red/blue combo
  • In titanium/black combo
  • In all black
  • In all Nickel

They offer multiple hose ends:
  • Push-on
  • The standard AN fitting everyone is accustom to in non-swivel and double-swivel/triple seal with patented nipple and cutter design
  • The standard fitting with patented nipple and cutter design with clamshell fastener end
  • Crimp on with the standard nut end or clamshell fastener end

They offer multiple hose materials:
  • NHRA accepted pushlock hose
  • Braided stainless
  • NHRA accepted braided nylon
  • NHRA accepted braided Nomex
  • NHRA accepted braided Nomex with Hypalon coating

Beyond this XRP offers a full lineup of:
  • Inline oil and fuel filters
  • Power steering hose and fittings
  • Brake hose and fittings
  • A/C lines and fittings
  • Plus thousands of other items

Please check their catalog out!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 04-27-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Too bad I don't know squat about which lines I need for my car.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sweet ass bro, if there is anything i love more than life it is quality.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Too bad I don't know squat about which lines I need for my car.
What are you wanting to do and I can try to help you out. It's actually pretty simple:
  • Figure out what hose you want to make/replace with an AN hose.
  • Figure out what AN size you need and get a rough idea of what length of hose you need(for every -1 of AN it equals 1/16" of internal diameter. So a -8 is 1/2" diameter and a -16 is 1" diameter).
  • Figure out what fitting you need at each location where said hose will attach(at the engine block or valve cover for example).
  • Then decide what type of hose end you want/need... size/type to match the hose you choose, color, angle if any etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3ga View Post
Sweet ass bro, if there is anything i love more than life it is quality.
Yeah, this stuff is NICE!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #5
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
What are you wanting to do and I can try to help you out. It's actually pretty simple:
  • Figure out what hose you want to make/replace with an AN hose.
  • Figure out what AN size you need and get a rough idea of what length of hose you need(for every -1 of AN it equals 1/16" of internal diameter. So a -8 is 1/2" diameter and a -16 is 1" diameter).
  • Figure out what fitting you need at each location where said hose will attach(at the engine block or valve cover for example).
  • Then decide what type of hose end you want/need... size/type to match the hose you choose, color, angle if any etc.

Yeah, this stuff is NICE!
You make it sound so simple. Then again, you are a wiring guru. What I do want, are those radiator hose clamps, that you were running to start.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
What I do want, are those radiator hose clamps, that you were running to start.
I'm confused by: "that you were running to start"? Are you talking about the ones I have now or the ones I had on the SR?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Nibras
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Nibras is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nibras
love the product
Old 04-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
flatout
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
flatout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
how do these compare to a AN fittings such as Earls?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
how do these compare to a AN fittings such as Earls?
They have a better finish, typically more options and cheaper in price. The hose end sealing portion of the two brands seem to be very similar. I doubt anyone would ever have a sealing problem with either brand.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm confused by: "that you were running to start"? Are you talking about the ones I have now or the ones I had on the SR?
The ones you had on your SR.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
The ones you had on your SR.
Those were just T-bolts

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
niSm095
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
niSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Toby -
I'm interested in a setup for my valve cover. I'm having a problem with the crankcase vent on the exhaust side. The OEM Tee keeps blowing out under boost. My understanding is that a -10 is the right size for the hole on that side of the valve cover? Does XRP have a -10 that would thread into the valve cover and that goes into a tee that has male fittings on either side?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by niSm095 View Post
Toby -
I'm interested in a setup for my valve cover. I'm having a problem with the crankcase vent on the exhaust side. The OEM Tee keeps blowing out under boost. My understanding is that a -10 is the right size for the hole on that side of the valve cover? Does XRP have a -10 that would thread into the valve cover and that goes into a tee that has male fittings on either side?
I assume the hole in the valve cover is not already threaded? If not, then you would need to tap it for a fitting. And when you say male ends on the T fitting, I assume you mean a male barbed end for a rubber hose? If so, then you can do it with three parts. A "T" that has a single 1/2" NPT with a male -10 at each end. You would then need two -10 straight Push Lock hose ends that would go on your rubber hose. Your rubber hose would need to have a 5/8" inner diameter though. And the hole in your valve cover would need to be no bigger than what a 1/2" NPT requires before tapping it. If the hole is too small in the valve cover it can always be driller larger then tapped for the 1/2" NPT.

These are the two ends that would go on your hose:

And this is an example of the T:

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
niSm095
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
niSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really niceniSm095 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Excellent, exactly what I'm looking for. Could you PM me with a total for the three pieces? Also, so I can see if I've got the correct tap, I have two different 1/2 NPTs. How many TPI are the AN fittings? Also, it's on an SR valve cover if that clarifies anything.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by niSm095 View Post
Excellent, exactly what I'm looking for. Could you PM me with a total for the three pieces? Also, so I can see if I've got the correct tap, I have two different 1/2 NPTs. How many TPI are the AN fittings? Also, it's on an SR valve cover if that clarifies anything.
There should only be one type of 1/2" NPT... that is a 1/2"-14. So that is 14 threads per inch. As for the hole where you are going to tap it, the recommended drill bit size is 45/64". So if you are smaller than that you will need to drill it out to 45/64". If the hole is larger than that then you will need to drill it out to a 59/64" and tap it with a 3/4" NPT. Then you would need to do a different AN setup to accommodate the 3/4" NPT hole.

Or if you plan on painting your valve cover, you could have a AN port welded on before you paint it.

I will quote you for the three parts assuming the 1/2" NPT will work for you. And this is also assuming you want black finish on all parts and that you want straight hose ends? You can get the hose ends in straight, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180 degree. The straight are the cheapest.

(1) 982510BB $18.07
(2) 230010BB $8.45 each

So a grand total of $39.97 shipped

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I am thinking about doing the fuel line for a swap i am working on with tSS lines and AN fittings, It is a KA going into a toyota starlet. there will also be an inline 255 walbro.

I can measure the length of the lines tomorrow. I am really bad with an lines and everything. if you ca help me figure out everything I would need and prices on the fittings that would be great, thanks so much!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
I am thinking about doing the fuel line for a swap i am working on with tSS lines and AN fittings, It is a KA going into a toyota starlet. there will also be an inline 255 walbro.

I can measure the length of the lines tomorrow. I am really bad with an lines and everything. if you ca help me figure out everything I would need and prices on the fittings that would be great, thanks so much!
Cool man, we'll get worked out! Just send me an email: [email protected]

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #18
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
email sent! Thank you
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
im looking to change the hoses and fittings for my sr20 redtops stock power steering setup. would you happen to know what i would need? as many others, i too have no idea how fittings work
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
might be a dumb question but rather know this before spending money; can you use these fittings on any type of stainless braided line or do they only fit properly on xrp brand hoses?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
im looking to change the hoses and fittings for my sr20 redtops stock power steering setup. would you happen to know what i would need? as many others, i too have no idea how fittings work
I'll have to try and do some research. I haven't personally replaced the power steering setup before on the 240 rack and SR/KA pump, so I don't know. I'm pretty sure you will need some M16x1.5 adapters and M14x1.5. You will need some -6 high pressure power steering hose.... I assume you want black? It also comes in blue. You will then need some -10 braided nylon hose or braided stainless hose for the low pressure side. You will need some steel fittings for the high pressure hose and aluminum fittings for the low pressure hose etc..

Like I said, I'll try to search Zilvia etc for some more info. In the meantime maybe you can do the same and see what you come up with. I don't get a lot of extra time to search for answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
might be a dumb question but rather know this before spending money; can you use these fittings on any type of stainless braided line or do they only fit properly on xrp brand hoses?
Not for sure? I would need to know what hose you have and what the exact inner diameter is? I have seen people use one brand of fitting on another brand of hose... but I wouldn't recommend it. I would match the brand of fitting with the brand of hose to be safe.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Quote:
I'll have to try and do some research. I haven't personally replaced the power steering setup before on the 240 rack and SR/KA pump, so I don't know. I'm pretty sure you will need some M16x1.5 adapters and M14x1.5. You will need some -6 high pressure power steering hose.... I assume you want black? It also comes in blue. You will then need some -10 braided nylon hose or braided stainless hose for the low pressure side. You will need some steel fittings for the high pressure hose and aluminum fittings for the low pressure hose etc..

Like I said, I'll try to search Zilvia etc for some more info. In the meantime maybe you can do the same and see what you come up with. I don't get a lot of extra time to search for answers.

Not for sure? I would need to know what hose you have and what the exact inner diameter is? I have seen people use one brand of fitting on another brand of hose... but I wouldn't recommend it. I would match the brand of fitting with the brand of hose to be safe.
the hose is -6 line that has the teflon inside coating. same line used for a braided ss turbo line kit for the waterlines.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
the hose is -6 line that has the teflon inside coating. same line used for a braided ss turbo line kit for the waterlines.
you mind finding an answer to this question for your product?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
you mind finding an answer to this question for your product?
You never posted the inner diameter of the hose you have... the rest of the info doesn't do me any good. I need to know the exact model of hose so we can find out what the manufacturer states is the inner diameter. Some -6 hoses are 5/16", 11/32", 3/8" etc. Like I said, I wouldn't mix and match hose and fittings if you can prevent it. But you may have good success... there's really no way to know until you try it. I would at least recommend pressure testing the line first, before installing it, if you do indeed decided to mix hose brand with fitting brand.

There is no industry standard for AN hoses. There is for the nut end of the AN fittings themselves though. So if you buy a standard AN -8 hose end, it will thread and seat onto any brand -8 male fitting.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

sorry i thought that hose was measured as inner diameter as standard practice. the hose is taka lines, the water line, from a s13 sr ss braided hose kit. dont really know more about the line with out taking it off the car. i believe they use a -6 earls fitting on that line.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #26
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
sorry i thought that hose was measured as inner diameter as standard practice. the hose is taka lines, the water line, from a s13 sr ss braided hose kit. dont really know more about the line with out taking it off the car. i believe they use a -6 earls fitting on that line.
... and actually, even if the hose was the same exact inner diameter of the XRP hose, I still couldn't promise you that it would work. The cutter and nipple on the AN fitting might be slightly different from one brand to the next... which may affect the overall seal. It's really impossible to know without trying it. How much hose do you have? If you only have a few feet then I would just buy new hose to go with the new fittings. The small price is worth the peace of mind in my opinion.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
the555car
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
the555car is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
This should be approximately what you need:

Power Steering -6 AN - High Pressure
Description----------------Part No--Qty
PS Hose BLK--------------519006--2ft
90* -6 Steel---------------509006--2
M14x1.5 -> -6 O-ring----491415--1 (for rack)
M16x1.5 -> -6 Crush------871606--1 (for pump)

Low Pressure -6/-10 AN
XR31 Hose (-6)------------3106-00--3ft
XR31 Hose (-10) ----------3110-00--2ft
M16x1.5 -> -6 O-ring-----491615--1 (for rack)
-6 90* BLK----------------209006BB--1
-6 Straight BLK----------100006BB--1
-10 Straight BLK--------100010BB--1
-10 90* BLK-------------209010BB--1
-10 Alum. Weld On-------997110--1

This is assuming you get the -10 aluminum weld on TIG'd to the return on your pump and that you have an external reservoir with -6 inlet and -10 outlet fittings. Those hose lengths give you extra as well.

Something like this, but with a -10 outlet. -8 outlet would work too, just need to get the proper sized hose and fittings, i.e. replace all -10 in the low pressure side above, with -8.

You can get it all from Toby (except the reservoir, though the Chase Bays one would work too), it may seem expensive but it is well worth the cost and Toby is excellent to work with. I would recommend picking up their aluminum vise jaws, really helps with installation.

cheers
-Evan

Last edited by the555car; 06-05-2012 at 02:11 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

^^^^ Nice list Evan... thanks!

I ordered my power steering stuff a little while ago, but I'm doing a KRC pump with attached reservoir. So the only things consistent with my PS setup and yours are the two fittings at the rack. Therefore I didn't want to recommend a bunch of stuff and maybe be wrong on a couple things... like whether or not a 90 or a 60 is needed at the rack for the high pressure side. So did you already get your PS stuff hooked up? If so, how did everything work out? Also, if you have good pics of the setup, then feel free to post them in here.... it never hurts to have pics of XRP product

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the555car View Post
This should be approximately what you need:

Power Steering -6 AN - High Pressure
Description----------------Part No--Qty
PS Hose BLK--------------519006--2ft
90* -6 Steel---------------509006--2
M14x1.5 -> -6 O-ring----491415--1

Low Pressure -6/-10 AN
XR31 Hose (-6)------------3106-00--3ft
XR31 Hose (-10) ----------3110-00--2ft
M16x1.5 -> -6 O-ring-----491615--1
M16x1.5 -> -6 Crush------871606--1
-6 90* BLK----------------209006BB--1
-6 Straight BLK----------100006BB--1
-10 Straight BLK--------100010BB--1
-10 90* BLK-------------209010BB--1
-10 Alum. Weld On-------997110--1

This is assuming you get the -10 aluminum weld on TIG'd to the return on your pump and that you have an external reservoir with -6 inlet and -10 outlet fittings. Those hose lengths give you extra as well.

Something like this, but with a -10 outlet. -8 outlet would work too, just need to get the proper sized hose and fittings, i.e. replace all -10 in the low pressure side above, with -8.

You can get it all from Toby (except the reservoir, though the Chase Bays one would work too), it may seem expensive but it is well worth the cost and Toby is excellent to work with. I would recommend picking up their aluminum vise jaws, really helps with installation.

cheers
-Evan
i feel very......stupid after reading this lol
Old 05-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #30
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
i feel very......stupid after reading this lol
Why would you feel stupid? It's a time to feel joyous.... AN fittings are fun!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Closed Thread