Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
-|240z|- Revival

Trader Rating: (0)
-|240z|- Revival is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Z Car Concepts

It's been a long-time dream of mine to own a modern "revival" version of the old 240z, with updated styling and internals. Something that utilized modern technology, yet had the feel and spirit of the old 240z. I just wanted to let you all know, following are pictures of the best example of that I have ever come across. I find it absolutely stunning.

The old Z outline, coupled with the modern aerodynamic touches and low, aggressive stance... I find it beautiful.

I reckon with a few aerodynamic touches, a well engineered and well tuned chassis/suspension, and a (turbocharged?) VQ38 dropped in this thing, it could kick the collective asses of quite a few European exotics.

What do y'all think?

If you have any other cool concepts to share, bring 'em out!
-|240z|- Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Shit, if you like that, you would like this concept 510 that somebody made up years ago...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This is very cool but also very old.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i would buy either of those. so hot.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The first is beautiful. The second looks like a charger rip off. besides nissan would find a way to fuck both up royally. Best would be if a small manufacturer produced them.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i didnt like the first car ever since i saw that render. i hate all this fucking throw-back shit.

designers need to come up with something original. im way too tired of people re-hashing shit. batman, spiderman, cars, make something new for chrisfuckingsake. i wish honda and toyota would make some fucking sportscars.

better yet, i wish this economy wasnt still in the dumpster.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
sfourteen zenki

Trader Rating: (1)
sfourteen zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I disagree. I quite like the fact that auto manufacturers are redesigning classic cars. I'd love to see the Z cars reproduced, but, it would most likely put Nissan over the edge by selling too many sports cars. It's just a hunch, but I'm not so sure people would choose it over the 350/370z to make it worthwhile.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
can we say beat to death? This thread is basic rehash of previous threads. Yawn.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
-|240z|- Revival

-|240z|- Revival is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Shit, if you like that, you would like this concept 510 that somebody made up years ago...
Thanks for your contribution!

The 510 was amazing, and has its own cult following. The 510 had a major advantage over the 240z in terms of weight. I LOVE lightweight cars. I LOVE the 510 for being so petite, and with modern materials and manufacturing methods, it's very possible to create a sportscar with the curb weight of the classics, but with a body package that has better aerodynamics, and a driveline with a LOT more power.

On why the sexy shape of the 240 is indeed so sexy:
In order to have fun at higher speeds, we want our car to be as streamlined as possible, right?. The gently sloping roofline of the 240z was a commendable attempt by Datsun to avoid unnecessary flow separation that resulted from the 510's (relatively) sharp rear windshield angle.

Admittedly, there are a few things I would change about this car. From an aerodynamics perspective, I would make the rear windshield as smooth as possible. But hey, this is as close as I've ever seen to the epitome of the perfect 240z redesign:

-|240z|- Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #10
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
But why is it 5x100?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #11
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i didnt like the first car ever since i saw that render. i hate all this fucking throw-back shit.

designers need to come up with something original. im way too tired of people re-hashing shit. batman, spiderman, cars, make something new for chrisfuckingsake. i wish honda and toyota would make some fucking sportscars.

better yet, i wish this economy wasnt still in the dumpster.

You have obviously not owned an classic Japanese car.

So many old school cars that are cool as hell now have really lost their ways in the way of a more economical, pampered, softer experience.

If they re-manufactured some of those old cars down to the bolt, I'd buy it up in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd buy that rendering over a 350/370Z. Fuck yes for retro styling, but ONLY if they don't ruin the recipe that made them great in the first place.

BTW, old rendering is old, but still cool none-the-less.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #12
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
old indeed...
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
You have obviously not owned an classic Japanese car.

So many old school cars that are cool as hell now have really lost their ways in the way of a more economical, pampered, softer experience.

If they re-manufactured some of those old cars down to the bolt, I'd buy it up in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd buy that rendering over a 350/370Z. Fuck yes for retro styling, but ONLY if they don't ruin the recipe that made them great in the first place.

BTW, old rendering is old, but still cool none-the-less.
a classic japanese car? what qualifies as a classic japanese car? the owner of the weld supply shop i go to tells me to bring my "rickshaw" by the shop... does that qualify?

you're smoking a pipe dream. remanufacturing a car <240z> <510> <etc> down to the last bolt is an IMPOSSIBILITY nowadays, and thank god... because those cars werent good or epic... they were tin cans that dont meet shits worth of safety standards nowadays. i love older datsuns, but they are far from safe and need a lot of work before they are great cars.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Correct me if I'm wrong, but back in the 70's and even now when people bought Datsuns, they weren't exactly looking for a 5 star crash rating as that one big selling point.

Otherwise you're completely correct. There's NOOOOOOO way people would waste their money on a car thats 4 decades old because it's no good right?

P.S., sorry your shit is a rickshaw.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #15
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Nissan and Infiniti - NISSAN ESFLOW Concept Images

the ACTUAL current nissan concept car that is based off the z's body style
Old 12-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Mazda ends rx8 production.... nissan creates ESFLOW

Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #17
aoshi1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
aoshi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That 510 concept was badass.
aoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #18
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Nismo Leaf RZ (sorry only pic I have at the moment, Love it)

Nismo Juke

Old 12-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #19
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Leave it as the old Z modernizing will always be a dream
Iron_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #20
TigerII

TigerII is an unknown quantity at this point
No wonder Nismo doesn't want much to do with the current line-up. Most of these concepts are hideous. The leaf concept does look good but it also has Nismo written on the glass.

This is the only other concept with potential:

2010 Nissan Ellure Concept | New Car Show
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote