Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-01-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
samiam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
samiam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to samiam
driving gloves?????

Sounds kinda stupid, but what I'm looking for is a driving glove; Since I drive 'mules' at work which is a small tracker that pulls trailers all over a warehouse trailer yard and my hands have been getting pretty raw. Since we have to manuever that trailer all over the place, we get a little aggressive on the wheel and speed counts.

And I'm not talking about an 'Isotoner' glove, something similar to NASCAR or the one I see used in drifting comps. Just not with that long sleeve that covers half their forearm. All I can find is Nismo which is cool but some of the fellas at work want like a Greddy or whatever other tuners are out there. Anything other than nissan. Since they drive pos's. Help me out here. Por Favor!
Old 11-01-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
97DubTruck
Zilvia Junkie

97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self
Texas must be a weird place to live... I remember seeing some Apexi gloves one time. Don't remember where. Thats one of those things that doesnt stick with you.
97DubTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
To be honest, I am not entirely sure of the purpose of driving gloves...

But, why don't you just get some football receiver's gloves from a sporting goods store, they aren't bulky, have good grip, and protect your hands, oh, and they would most likely be cheaper than driving gloves.

While we are on the subject, Does anyone know what makes driving gloves, driving gloves? Are they for extra grip, hand protection, bling?

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:48 PM   #4
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Guess gloves are just for maximum grip. A lot of people sweat when driving hard, so sweaty hands aren't good at gripping wheels.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:31 PM   #5
ZOLTAN
Zilvia Member

ZOLTAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock steering wheel + sweaty hands =
ZOLTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:10 AM   #6
Raine
Zilvia Junkie

Raine is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Raine
Try checking the websites of greddy, etc. if your friends are into that. Look in the "accessories" section... if they even exist.

Or get a set of nice Sparco gloves.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:26 AM   #7
samiam
Zilvia Member

samiam is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to samiam
Thanks for the help. Some of the 'yard drivers' as we are called have used f.ball and batting gloves but they wear in less than three weeks. The reason for gloves is better grip, and less damage on the hands. If I could show you how much you have to use your hands on this job for a consecutive 11-13 hr day (nothing but manuevering(sp?) a long ass 53' or 57' trailer in and out of tight parking slots and dock doors, working the shifter from reverse to nuetral to drive and back, and operating a fifth wheel it's damn work on the hands)

How's Texas a weird place to live? Georgia.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:57 AM   #8
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I belive 5zeigen sells em...I could be wrong though?

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #9
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally don't like driving gloves or that, but thats becuase I like the feel of the wheel and stuff....I have never really drove hard for an extreme period of time so I don't know if my opinion is even valid. I just like to have the feel of my controls, shifter, wheel, all right there to the natural touch of skin, but maybe I am wierd hah..just my opinions......I know sparco makes gloves, not sure if these are the type that you are looking for.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:35 AM   #10
Raine
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah, to me also there's nothing like hand to wheel contact... having gloves on just doesn't feel right. It kind of muffles or softens the smaller, subtle steering wheel feedback when you're driving hard.

Ok I don't know if I explained that right, but if you understand what I mean then cool
Old 11-02-2003, 10:52 AM   #11
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
gloves feel great
i drove bare hands for almost 2 years on the track
but over the lap after lap. hands get dirty, greasy, sweaty, and the grip isnt the same
glove feel SOOO good. tsill can grip as hard and if you get the right size glove it adds a bit of cushion and not much slack or extra room within the finger holes
i like having gloves A LOT now and wont go back

i have some pink Kei Office gloves at the moment. 60 bucks no tax for a good style (adjustable wrist tightness) was pretty good compared to some other brands i examine for the price. the biggest reason was the price ..and color
haha
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:41 PM   #12
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Did anyone notice he needs these gloves primarily for work? He was just asking where to get quality gloves that will protect his hands...

Dousan, I know you know where to get em at, the good ones (in pink)anyhow....

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:31 PM   #13
hurleyboi514
Zilvia Addict

hurleyboi514 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to hurleyboi514
i have a pair of g-force gloves. i think they were like $35 at a local race shop. they are real driving gloves, they work great! i dont get so fatigued with them on and i have a better feel for the wheel. try places like ioportracing.com, or kirkracing.com. i know safe quip and simpson make some good gloves too. id stay away from the sparco's and others b/c they'll cost more for bling factor.

HighTach Motorsports
hurleyboi514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #14
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
heh, for the wintertime, i just use some sears craftsman mechanix gloves...i have both the really expensive ones, and the cheapos...i honestly cant tell the difference besides the expensive ones have more padding = warmer, and they have good grip...but i just use them to keep my hands warm.

something else to look at, they might have a lifetime warranty, but im not sure...go in and look on the package, or ask someone...this would be great if you wear them out a lot...

-glen
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #15
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah for winter I love gloves though there is no feeling worse than waking up in the morning getting ready to go to school or work and having to sit in a frozen seat and grab a frozen wheel shift with an even colder shifter it just bad news...I am sure you people in Cali, and Florida, and Arizona really can't relate to this haha lucky, but for the people like me that get frozen easily I would reccomend these gloves I picked them up at my work, I work at a skateshop snowboardshop and we had them and I thought they would be some sweet driving gloves, I tried them for summertime/fall/spring use but I just don't like the lack of feeling I have with the wheel and controls...but for wintertime I reccomend the Da Kine Viper Pipe gloves, here is a picture of them....

I am not trying to increase the sales of these gloves just saying with winter coming these are pretty sweet multifunctional gloves.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:06 PM   #16
Evil S14
Zilvia Addict

Evil S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Evil S14
Alpinestars makes driving gloves, i owna pair of gloves for my bike, and they are real high quality, just throwing out some suggestions
Old 11-02-2003, 07:07 PM   #17
stretch240sx
Zilvia Junkie

stretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to stretch240sx Send a message via Yahoo to stretch240sx
why not run motorcycle gloves... or mechanic glove... i drove about a block with some craftsman gloves... didnt notcie to much of a diff. i bet motorcycle gloves would work good, i been thinkin of swipin my pops alpinestar gloves...
Old 11-02-2003, 07:28 PM   #18
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36
gloves feel great
i drove bare hands for almost 2 years on the track
but over the lap after lap. hands get dirty, greasy, sweaty, and the grip isnt the same
glove feel SOOO good. tsill can grip as hard and if you get the right size glove it adds a bit of cushion and not much slack or extra room within the finger holes
i like having gloves A LOT now and wont go back

i have some pink Kei Office gloves at the moment. 60 bucks no tax for a good style (adjustable wrist tightness) was pretty good compared to some other brands i examine for the price. the biggest reason was the price ..and color
haha
completely agree...will never go back to bare hands driving...

have the same gloves...AWESOME!!..cept mine are green...uhh pink.. = :ghey:
Old 11-02-2003, 08:16 PM   #19
Bliss
Zilvia Addict

Bliss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bliss Send a message via AIM to Bliss
pink is tight, sucka.

whered u guys get the kei office gloves? kei office website doesnt carry em, not to mention i dont want to pay for shipping on some gloves.
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:22 PM   #20
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by Bliss
pink is tight, sucka.

whered u guys get the kei office gloves? kei office website doesnt carry em, not to mention i dont want to pay for shipping on some gloves.
haha..actually they are pretty cool gloves..and for a Pink GodziRian they are PERFECT..lol..but i had to get green to match the car....well to match it one day when it receives a paintjob..lol..

anyway i think Aaron and Lindsay got their's at the D1 event..i picked up mine at the Drift Showoff..

i'm jealous cause they have them signed by Koguchi..
Old 11-03-2003, 08:29 AM   #21
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I have a set of sparco racing gloves with the gauntlets, padded palms, reveresed seem's, bla bla.. they rock. but are racing gloves. If I used them everyday, I would tear them up.

Racing gloves are required b/c they are made of Nomex. And I agree with Dousan. Sweaty hands on a leather wheel sucks. If you've ever used suede palmed gloves on a suede steering wheel, you would never use any other combination. WHOLLY COW.. I love it!

If you like the wheel on hand feel, then I suggest a glove with no palm padding, like the mechanics gloves that have suede palms. I have a set of those too, and I used them for a couple track events, and like them a lot too. Very nice, and MUCH cheaper than real racing gloves.

My roommate used dirtbike racing gloves when he used to race go karts, and he did exactly what your doing a while back. He was a "Switcher" for fed-ex ground. Those same glove served him well there. He stll uses those gloves today. they are like 7-8 years old now.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:49 AM   #22
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
Call me crazy, but I just use some mechanix. I have work ones and clean, driving gloves. They work. And are awesome for the winter.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:32 AM   #23
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
Yup I got a pair of Fox Racing "Pawtectors" I wear when I autocross and on cold mornings Motocross gloves. I've had um for a couple years now.. love um a buddy of mine that worked at a bike shop got um for me cheap
Old 11-03-2003, 12:52 PM   #24
wingsnthangs
Zilvia Junkie

wingsnthangs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wingsnthangs
Or leather gloves as worn by the driver in The Transporter.
wingsnthangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #25
Raine
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by wingsnthangs
Or leather gloves as worn by the driver in The Transporter.
And screw the racing suit - get a 3 piece too
Old 11-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #26
stretch240sx
Zilvia Junkie

stretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to stretch240sx Send a message via Yahoo to stretch240sx
Quote:
Originally posted by Raine
And screw the racing suit - get a 3 piece too
how sick would it be to have a 3 piece suit that was made of nomex... i would so get one... lol
Old 11-07-2003, 01:05 PM   #27
midnights14
Zilvia Junkie

midnights14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to midnights14
Quote:
Originally posted by Bliss
pink is tight, sucka.

Autolink carries some, but you have to drive down to Temple City....check it out www.autolinkmotorworks.com
midnights14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:47 PM   #28
Bliss
Zilvia Addict

Bliss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bliss Send a message via AIM to Bliss
i'm assuming they don't have it on the site? i looked, and unless itshidden, they don't have em. Are they at the store?
Old 11-08-2003, 12:30 AM   #29
midnights14
Zilvia Junkie

midnights14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to midnights14
Call em up. That's where I bought mine. They should have a least a few pairs in stock.
midnights14 is offline   Reply With Quote