Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
Martins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
D1GP Help

What do you suggest to make D1GP as huge in the U.S.(As Big Or Bigger than FD)

I'm part of a team that is helping to advertise and change things in D1GP and your suggestions are very valuable =]
Martins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
They say there's no room for two proffesional drift series...

Do IT

my brain is turning
Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
Martins13
Zilvia Member

i say there is...is just like another season of sports...but of a different caliber hopefully the same if not better
Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Come up to the NW! haha Evergreen Speedway, Pacific Grand Prix, I'd love to see some jdm action up here lol.

But really I think it was mainly venues that seemed to be lacking that last season, didn't seem to have the impact of the previous seasons being in parking lots lol. Oh and less about girls being whores and more about drifting and cars Ok so some whoring is ok...but not so much, used to be something you'd see dads with their young sons and daughters around but with so much of that it drives the family part back out of it. Put some class back into it.
KansaiDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #5
MelloS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
MelloS13 will become famous soon enoughMelloS13 will become famous soon enoughMelloS13 will become famous soon enoughMelloS13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I heard that FD and D1 were gonna collaborate but D1 didn't agree to the terms, that would be great line up to see. MAKE IT HAPPEN CAP'n !! ^_^
Old 12-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
Martins13
Zilvia Member

i want chick drivers so the young daughter would come along, and abotu class D1 was never much of a whoring thing...but ill clean it up haha ..but ur right about venues ill bring that up for sure
Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
advertise on speed channel man i watch that shit all the time and i am sure alot off other members do also
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
MAKE D1 A RELIABLE SERIES.

Seems like D1 has become the new Nopi with it's whole, "we're coming back, oh wait, we're not".
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
Rag
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Rag is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rag
D1, FD, Nopi, XDC, etc...

Politics, politics and more politics with the occasional lie here and there.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
V8's duh. mustangs, cameros, and shitty cars.

seriously.

more venues, equal amounts of events on east and west coast, more media coverage.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post

Seems like D1 has become the new Nopi with it's whole, "we're coming back, oh wait, we're not".
will do...and it is comming back....better venues will be set up as welll
Old 12-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Quote:

Exactly, Drama queens. Would like to see something new, but I'm really pessimistic.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Okay, to not be so negative.. try this, Maybe bring most of the D1GP (Japan) roster. Those teams or privateers that can afford it anyway. Last D1 USA I went to in Anaheim there were only a handful of japan drivers; (Saito, Nomura, Tanaka, Kumakubo, Ueno) Entertaining drivers indeed, but it didn't feel like D1 circa 2004-2006. Maybe it was the parking lot track setup but it wasn't worth attending again really.

More drivers, I think I'll be content. Don't know if that will make it as big as FD, but it's one big step closer.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Shoot, I thought more.

Do you want to make D1 a cool series?

Make it so that it doesn't become this giant spending war like where Formula D is going.

Make it so that cars have to retain OEM Unibodies, loosen the cage rules a bit so people can keep their interior, judge based on how well the driver entertained the crowd, cap the displacement at no more than +1 litre from stock, etc.

That would be cool.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Shoot, I thought more.

Do you want to make D1 a cool series?

Make it so that it doesn't become this giant spending war like where Formula D is going.

Make it so that cars have to retain OEM Unibodies, loosen the cage rules a bit so people can keep their interior, judge based on how well the driver entertained the crowd, cap the displacement at no more than +1 litre from stock, etc.

That would be cool.
This is what im trying to get too because i believe FD has become a hp battle with toyota racing engines and what not.. i want mroe of a grassroots comming back but iwth a mainstream vibe
Old 12-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #16
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rweezly_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bring in some drivers from japan to knock off
some of the garbage FD drivers...FD is boring
compared to D1...but that's just me
good luck with this!
rweezly_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
have D1 compete with FD drivers. this way the FD drivers will get spanked and D1 will then be bigger than FD

or advertise it as the ORIGINAL drift competition from japan so people will know
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #18
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I though D1 had a street legal class? I think thats an awesome class.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
street legal class over here would be radddd
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #20
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
STREET LEGAL CLASS

Cater to those who dont have FD budgets.... the trade off?

Some might say its "boring" because they arent 800hp machines

ALSO compete on smaller tracks to make the drifting more exciting to watch, look at japan D1.
Whats more exciting? watching autopolis or sugo kart?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7WSEgY_84
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #21
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
there is so much wrong with D1 usa.....goodluck buddd
Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #22
nismobenzo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
nismobenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the more events around the country the better--more exposure--more fans--more $$
nismobenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Street legal class would be pretty intense. But street legal here in us = stock KA haha, atleast in CA. More grassroots type drifting, better tracks, better announcers, throwing that retarded ass rule book in the trash, better tracks.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
the problem with fd....is there are too many amatures trying to compete with pro's.

which means......there are only pro's competing. and pro's win, cause they have big budgets.

So make a class that can advance all the pro am guys, without having to shell out another 40k to just be remotely in the same class as these guys.

perfect example...just drift is one of the major organizations here the helps move amatures into FD.

all those cars are about 300whp. some more, some less. How does one get his license, and jump in with vaughn gitten and his mustang...or tanner foust and his nascar motor? or tuerk with his 800whp sky.....

Okay, so you make tire restrictions to weight....makes the playing field a littler more even...but tires are soooo different, that I can run a 245 r compound, and have the same grip as a 295 street tire.....so how does that make complete sense.

d1gp would be successful if drifting took longer than 15 minutes to complete the 32 bracket system.... why's it gotta be 32...?

or,...have a pro class...and an amature class. guys that have no cap...and guys that have a restriction.

the problem with entertaining a crowd with drifting is...the simple fact that waiting 10 minutes between runs is boring. I came to see drifting. Lets see it. the fact that out of 32 drivers....that means there are 32 runs. (1 lead 1 follow).

Give us excitement, I want to see driving...top 32 to top 16...in fd...there's an hour of gap. we walked around all day at 1pm to see the cars...why do we need to see the cars 3-4 more times that night...we don't we want waiting...so give us more cars, more drivers, more entertainment.

THAT IS ALL.

you can pm me.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
A big problem is that FD told their drivers that they were not allowed to compete in D1 when it tried to come back last time.
Only a couple people said fuck it, i gotta try and make money, and showed, and those were none ofthe big sponsored guys.

The D1 drivers that came were amazing.
Saito was awesome. he hit the wall in the same part on every initiation.
When team orange and Saito came out and did triple tandem less then a foot apart going door to door to door, I was blown away.

Its not the driving level as much as a different kind of driving for that series.
If D1 got a section of laguna seca, it might get interesting.
But I am personally bored as shit of Irwindale.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #26
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
Okay, so you make tire restrictions to weight....makes the playing field a littler more even...but tires are soooo different, that I can run a 245 r compound, and have the same grip as a 295 street tire.....so how does that make complete sense.
kinda random but...

I'm pretty sure they are all limited to street tires bro.

More drifting.
More close tandem.

that is all. hahaha

and pretty much everything castro and dave said
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #27
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
make it so that the drift event doesn't sound like a nascar event is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #28
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee M Rolly View Post
make it so that the drift event doesn't sound like a nascar event is happening.
This guy has just won my undying respect. <3

Seems like a lot of us are on the same page, OP.

Make this like D1SL.

Partying in the streets will ensue.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #29
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
OP:

First, WHO are you?

Second, D1 needs to fix all their shit here in Japan before they try and head back to the states.

All other people:

D1SL is just SLIGHTLY de-tuned D1GP car's (because they have a cat) w/ a working radio! There is sooooo much money in D1SL now (not for payouts/prizes) that it is simply another D1GP series...slightly different tech and some different drivers, but everything else is the same.

As far as tire compound goes...you can run tires from an approved list, so everybody could run the same tire if they wanted to, so "245 r compound vs 295 street tire" is not a good argument.

I imagine "FD not letting drivers compete in D1" has something to do with D1 not letting drivers compete in FD/Red Bull World Series etc. D1 has complete control of their drivers! Soooo many politics involved. Oh, and FYI, Daigo wasn't supposed to win the championship....he is just a beast and put all of D1's golden children to shame.

As far as close tandems...the states just needs to catch up on the tsuiso game. All events (at all levels) in Japan run very close tsuiso...it's just the style over here I guess, and I really don't understand why they don't run close at ALL in the states.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #30
battle_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
battle_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
d1sl us small guys need something to do. there are toms of small guys out that have the skill but just dont have the money to do the big fd events. so i would say run small events around the us east and west and i mean east cause we reall dont have much here then do one big ass event like a three day one and invite all of the small guys. i would say like the top three or four from each of the small events get free transportation of there car and some tires. that would be great to see who is the best grassroots drifters in the states.
battle_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote