Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
killer3030

Trader Rating: (0)
killer3030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA need help for my new s14 exhaust , straight pipe and headers

zup Zilvia family!! i need your help and your suggestion about my ka24, i just bought my s14 and i wanna get a nice str8 pipe, exhaust and some nice header and i would like to know what would it be the best pipes, exhaust, headers, how many inches and how to get backfire from the ka. i seen a nice s14, with a nice exhaust sound with backfiring all the time, but i noticed it the it was just a ka24 non turbo. i need your help and suggestion please! ty (and sorry for my writing)
killer3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
We cant tell you what to get but go search and figure it out, ebay, frsports, enjuku, 240sxmotoring, any many other very good vendors sell everything you need, this is gonna get locked.
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i hate sonic motors exhaust and an obx header and it does all that. problem solved.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
do you have any idea how lound a straight pipe KA is? i never ran mine without a silencer, and it ran better with a silencer in with obx headers, test pipe and 3in catback.

as far as sound, i only go with RS*R GT2, because i like the deeper throaty sound. no way to know what yo are going for though. sounds like mabe the honda "flock of angry hornets" is your goal.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3030 View Post
zup Zilvia family!! i need your help and your suggestion about my ka24, i just bought my s14 and i wanna get a nice str8 pipe, exhaust and some nice header and i would like to know what would it be the best pipes, exhaust, headers, how many inches and how to get backfire from the ka. i seen a nice s14, with a nice exhaust sound with backfiring all the time, but i noticed it the it was just a ka24 non turbo. i need your help and suggestion please! ty (and sorry for my writing)
This header

This test pipe

and

This catback

will get you what you're looking for.

Unless you actually want a straight pipe then you should go to a muffler shop and have them weld you up one.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

gijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to gijoe69
No don't get those parts just keep it stock until you want to boost! save your money and buy suspension parts or other misc
gijoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
lol. I dont know whether your serious or not but I'll give you information anyway. OBX headers, any 3" test pipe, and buddy club spec II. You'll be the biggest badass to roll around your streets. PUAHAHAHA.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
It's actually pointless if you think about it. You spend $500-$1500 (unless you spend that $200 on ebay which doesn't do anything most of time, and falls apart couple weeks later) on your whole exhaust system and you will gain about 7-12whp. Unless your mani is so cheap you will loose some hp.
For the same amount you could piece together a used s13/s14/s15 turbo and other parts. And then you can add another 0 to that 10whp.
I hate seeing 240's with exhausts only on their ride. You people make me sick, you try so hard and the only thing you show is how ridiculous loud your exhaust is and your ride hardly accelerates. Stop being a noise maker!!! Unless your KA is a high comp race motor revin 10K then it's ok to let that beauty sound out.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #9
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Another thing to hate is band wagon jumpers...like everyone that assumes that a 240 has to be boosted or it's crap...gtfo, maybe he just wants a nice exhaust and isn't tryin' to be a fan-boi drifter?

-headers: dc sports
-exhaust: depends on your taste, if you're not into canister style, you can pick up something that looks like the apexi megaphone or the ws2 exhaust..
-keep your cat or delete it, depends on whether you hate your planet or not.

as for piping diameter. if you plan to just keep it a N/A daily driver, I'd grab 2.5" sizing or 2.25". 3" will just make it more prone to sounding gross as you accelerate.

good luck on choosing your exhaust ^_^. have fun.
nismoracingsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
drift240_2009
Zilvia Junkie

drift240_2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
drift240_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
ty for ur opinion
i was just asking cuz i always had a civic. but im tired of the front wheel drive cars. can u help me out idk how to start with this car. i want it sound nice and deep. i seen some s14 the every time they change gears u can the backfire and i think the cool ass fuck! but oh well. how can i start then ? im thinkin to buy some sprints for the car but i gotta c how low i want it.

You don't need to PM me, you already got this thread started for that.
Cheapest way is to cut a hole on the piping just before the muffler. Just get some little bit of water and salt and throw it on the exhaust, repeat every day and you will have a hole in the exhaust in couple of days. You'll be hearing plenty of backfire if it's closer to the front.
Not sure what kind of backfire you are referring to. Anti-lag? Rev limiter? For your info, backfires destroy o2's.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #12
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post
Another thing to hate is band wagon jumpers...like everyone that assumes that a 240 has to be boosted or it's crap...gtfo, maybe he just wants a nice exhaust and isn't tryin' to be a fan-boi drifter?

-exhaust: depends on your taste, if you're not into canister style, you can pick up something that looks like the apexi megaphone or the ws2 exhaust..

as for piping diameter. if you plan to just keep it a N/A daily driver, I'd grab 2.5" sizing or 2.25". 3" will just make it more prone to sounding gross as you accelerate.

3" inch sounds BOSS. You sir, dont know wtf you're talking about. KA's make more power with 3" piping. Go look it up. It's been dyno tested already.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
killer3030

killer3030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post

yeah i want the car to sound nice and deep (but like i was saying idk what brand would it be the best or wat should i need.. cuz this is my first 240sx , i just mess around with hondas...)
killer3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

research research research. Even after everyone tells you to get one... you might not like that one and get another. It's for you to figure out. I don't know about your whole backfire deal and your desire to be super rice. Do that in the 240 community and you'll probably get flamed and shot down pretty quick.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i got an long tube headers, test pipe and 3 inch cat back on my s14,alot of response for me...i like the sound too,very throaty ,go 3" all the way
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #16
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqstarburst View Post
i got an long tube headers, test pipe and 3 inch cat back on my s14,alot of response for me...i like the sound too,very throaty ,go 3" all the way
That's not what she said...

I run straight pipe with a resonator, and it's not that loud at all. It's DIY, stock header.

nismoracingsx Another thing to hate is band wagon jumpers...like everyone that assumes that a 240 has to be boosted or it's crap...gtfo, maybe he just wants a nice exhaust and isn't tryin' to be a fan-boi drifter?

Are you an idiot? Not every fucking person is building their car for drift. Grow the fuck up. Boost is for power, not a show-off thing (for most of the REAL people).
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #17
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Yes, because fake people hide amongst us building boosted engines just so they can make build threads and smash other for not having what they have...oh wait, that's teh internet ^_^

REAL people? lol, you're awesome, man. Good luck with the whole "growing up" thing, if that means being so uptight that you spout diamonds..jeez
nismoracingsx is offline   Reply With Quote