Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: hmmmmmm......
it has coolness points bonus +25!!! 23 11.92%
i saw it on SS or sum other magazine and im a MAD DRIFTER YO! 12 6.22%
rwc, cheap, looks sweet, like to taste the cherries on the beach! 124 64.25%
is that what my car is 34 17.62%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
wherezmytofu
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
wherezmytofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so why did u get a 240sx/300zx?

well?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
The car dealership put plastic blue oval over the nissan emblem and I thought I was buying a ford probe.

I was so dissapointed when i found out...
Old 07-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #3
wherezmytofu
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by DuffMan
The car dealership put plastic blue oval over the nissan emblem and I thought I was buying a ford probe.

those trixsters!
Old 07-24-2003, 02:48 PM   #4
Stee Flo
Endless Knights

Stee Flo is an unknown quantity at this point
Fun, rwd, well balanced car that was in my price range. Also has a ton of aftermarket goodies for it. Plus the looks dont hurt it either!
Old 07-24-2003, 02:52 PM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
one day i was like, totally reading super street and all....and then like, i saw that signal madd tyte drifter X used a 180sx..so like i totally went online and stuff and found out its like a 240sx. so i said, damn yo thats tyte dogg. and so i then i was watchign fast and the furious and like, they said sr20det in civics and since i know those engines are like god (omg yes they are) i said damn,i gotta get a sylvia. so i sold my honduh (that car is for ricers) and got a 180sx here in so cali

now im like a madd tyte jdm skilled drifta andall and i like totally waiting to get a sr20det swap cuz its like the first thing my car should have!

ya!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
wherezmytofu
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36
one day i was like, totally reading super street and all....and then like, i saw that signal madd tyte drifter X used a 180sx..so like i totally went online and stuff and found out its like a 240sx. so i said, damn yo thats tyte dogg. and so i then i was watchign fast and the furious and like, they said sr20det in civics and since i know those engines are like god (omg yes they are) i said damn,i gotta get a sylvia. so i sold my honduh (that car is for ricers) and got a 180sx here in so cali

now im like a madd tyte jdm skilled drifta andall and i like totally waiting to get a sr20det swap cuz its like the first thing my car should have!

ya!
please vote accordingly

Old 07-26-2003, 10:13 AM   #7
radrex88
Leaky Injector

radrex88 is an unknown quantity at this point
In japan, what else Im I gonna get for $2000 thats fast, and light.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:05 PM   #8
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
I had $3k in my pocket and saw the 95 240sx SE an irresistable buy. Better than my 88 accord LX.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:39 AM   #9
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll admit I fell in love with the looks before I knew anything about the car. Then I started researching and learned so much, I had to look for one. Then once I test-drove one, I knew I had to buy one.
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
Old 08-02-2003, 01:21 PM   #10
fastpace
Zilvia Addict

fastpace is an unknown quantity at this point
saw it in uncles driveway and fell in love with it

"well, I go out, I do the practice, I think about it and I concentrate on one small thing I can change that will have an effect. I make that change then I go out and drive to my maximum." -Ayrton Senna
Old 08-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #11
fantasya98
Zilvia Member

fantasya98 is making a name for him/her selffantasya98 is making a name for him/her self
When i first played Tokyo Extreme Racing on the Dreamcast, and got sick of fixin up the crx and eg civic, so i tried the 180sx, and i fell in love with it, well hey, i was only 14 at the time and that was 3 years ago.. but den i got an integra as a present but i sold it after a hit and run, and got myself a fastback like ive always wanted.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:48 PM   #12
S14TiNMAN
Zilvia Member

S14TiNMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to S14TiNMAN
speechless.
95'SE
91' BASE--->**NEW PROJECT**
Old 08-10-2003, 07:03 AM   #13
CrispMofo
Leaky Injector

CrispMofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by DuffMan

those old ford probes look just like a complete knock-off of the s13 fastback.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:05 AM   #14
fantasya98
Zilvia Member

fantasya98 is making a name for him/her selffantasya98 is making a name for him/her self
You're right, those probes suuure look like s13's. This kid at my school has one, and i went off when my stupid friend said, "hey, his car kinda looks like yours" i was like, "hell no!! Thats a POS and mine is a beautiful piece of engineering and design...!!!" i can be an
Old 08-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #15
CrispMofo
Leaky Injector

CrispMofo is an unknown quantity at this point
everytime i see a probe roll by, i yell 240 wannabe!
damn, i honestly think the older probes are a full knock-off of the 240.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:39 PM   #16
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
drove up to the Nissan dealer in 1989 in my 240z parked it. got out went and test drove a 240sx Hatch. I was blown away at the stock capabilities of the car in the handling department. Needless to say I kept driving the z until 92 then I bought a Hardbody pickup. Drove it till 1999 when I replaced it with my 89 240sx hatch because I had moved to socal and needed a car with ac and I wanted to get back in rwd sports cars. Figured I might as well get something a little more modern than a 240z.
Still love 240z's and will build another one but the S13 hatch is one hell of a car imho.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 08-11-2003, 04:07 PM   #17
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
My dad made a bet with me that I couldn't get into art school OR get a 3.6 GPA...

I did both, and he still almost con-ed me into taking my moms car until we found out it takes way to long to ship because I was starting school in 3 days. So, he said I had 2 days to find a car, and I did, although it was automagic, I don't really mind. Whenever I get mad at the auto tranny I just go downtown during rush hour traffic and remind myself how much I love my left leg.

Originally I wanted an FC, but pops was in control of my old insurance cash and he didn't want me to have a rotary experiment, so #2 on on my list was the 240.

Now the #1 car on my list is the 240 ^_^, but I still want an FC sometime in the future, or possibly a rotary 240sx...

renesis in a S13.......
Old 09-05-2003, 10:07 AM   #18
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

X1nom3D is an unknown quantity at this point
4 and a half years ago, i knew nothing about the 240sx, hell, i didn't even know it existed. i admit, I was a madd honda fan. but i had a friend who knew lots about cars and everything, and i overheard him saying "maybe i should get a 240sx" and i thought to myself, hmmm... "240sx eh???". well ya kno, there must be something good about the damn car if he's thinkin of gettin it! one day, when i turned 16 and got my license, i was looking in the papers for a 240sx and found a 5-speed 89 fastback. wow, I had to go take a look! i don't even know what the damn car looks like! when i got there, i said to myself, "wow, that must be it right there. looks nice and sporty. i like, i like *evil grin*." well, 3 days later, I bought that car. the problem was, I didn't know how to drive a stick. hahaha. SO, i had a friend of mine bring it home. and yes, he test drove it for me before i bought it. peeled out like crazy, i like even more =P~~. well yea, so now it's sitting in my garage for about a week now, and I don't know how to drive it yet (never tried). as a sophomore in high school, i thought, i need to take this baby out! so i asked my friend to verbally teach me how to drive it. one day, went home and took it out myself. only took half hour to get the hang of it. well, okay okay i'll stop now! but seriously, me owning this car was fate, cause i knew nothing about it. 4 years later, i just installed my stage 2 clutch =)
Old 09-14-2003, 11:26 PM   #19
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
I bought my car because its what I always wanted since I first owned a car. My dad made me buy a beat up 85' 300ZX when I was 16 (I was dumb/young and wanted my moms Cavalier ), we fixed it up and turned it into a really nice car, since then I've been enthralled with Z's and looked at the Z32 as the ultimate Z. I loved the looks/power/everything about the Z32 so I saved and unfortunatly got shipped overseas for 2 years thus delaying me from buying a 300ZXtt but I got to buy a S13 and save more and also let Z32's depreciate alittle more Anyway I forgot what this thread was about.... oh yeah I'm a stubborn bastard now who will only buy Nissan and 300ZX is the car I wanted since I was a wee lad.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:47 PM   #20
docrice
Zilvia Junkie

docrice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to docrice
Um, actually, i bought mine by a fluke. after HATING my '91 Turbo AWD Talon for 6 months (thats all i could stand it), i said screw it, i'm not buying another high-maintenance sports car until after college(i was in my HS senior year), i'll just get a nice comfy car. I was looking at Honda Accords and stumbled across my baby...Drove it, loved it, checked it out online (mad props to this forum for showing me that the car is pretty reliable and insanely capable/upgradable), and went to the bank. My dad was kinda pissed ("I thought you said no more sports cars"), but he likes it too. Good deal.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #21
DORIMON
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DORIMON is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I used to have a supercharged '97 Maxima, and I always hated the fact that it was an automatic. I had the manual tranny sitting in my garage for the longest while I was trying to beat the auto tranny to death before the swap. Somewhere down the line I blew the head gasket and decided to just call it quits on the Max. I decided to bring it back to stock form and sell all of the aftermarket parts. At the time, my cousin was driving a '95 240sx, which I thought was really cool. I started looking for a 5-spd Max and my cousin was helping me find a 5-spd S14. Luckily, 2 weeks after blowing my Maxima head gasket, I bought my white Zenki S14 for $5700 by an old couple that took really good care of one. Ever since, I've been spending a lot of money on it buying this and that for it and I don't regret giving up the Max because the S14 with parts is still cheaper and faster than my Max will ever be. I like how rare the S14 is. The handling is good, and I definetely like the looks of the car. That's why I chose the S14.

-Benji
Old 10-15-2003, 04:29 PM   #22
rufrydrsc2
Leaky Injector

rufrydrsc2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rufrydrsc2 Send a message via Yahoo to rufrydrsc2
It came with my wife. Freebee!!!!! But that wasn't a choice on the poll.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:54 PM   #23
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Re: so why did u get a 240sx/300zx?

Quote:
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
well?
None of the above....I got my 240 cause it was dirt cheap, they are my favorite cars in the whole world, and i love RWD drifting.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #24
Justice

Justice is an unknown quantity at this point
I went out to the street races here in seattle with my turbo F22 prelude "accord powered baby" =P

when i asked the little guy in the blue 240 coupe with a silvia front end conversion why he didnt run "didnt know what a silvia was, and didnt care" he said drag racing was for pussies. i asked him what he did that was so badass. he said ... "get in"

drifting 101

so, when a F-250 ran the lude over, there was no choice but a 240. i dreamed about the sheer controll in the face of chaos that he showed me was possible with the car. I had dreams of drifting becuase of that one ride. So when i bought my 91 base hatch "i mean base, no anything at all. no ac, no CC no ANYTHING" suprised it had powerstearing lol "striped weighed in at 2590 lbs without me"

So i got the car for 2900 bucks and have loved my car with its truck like KA eversince ... it did feal different. forgot his car had a 300 horse SR in it. lol "didnt thay all come with that?" ya should of known lol
Old 12-31-2003, 08:51 PM   #25
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
I was a muscle car head for quite a while,I am 17 years old,and have owned 2 other cars and 1 shit-ass truck before I got my S13 FB,and ...yeah...my first car was a small block 71 Chevelle Malibu,and I sold that to get a somewhat built 302 powered T-bird,and that was going to be a major project car,I traded a disc brake kit for my old chevelle(sold at the time) for the car,and a freind offered alot of $$ for the bird,so I let her go..then I had that truck...ANYWAY...I got my 240sx b/c...

Its faster than most hondas,and has EXCELLENT buildability

My girlfreind hates that I race,and I can't afford another ticket,so I wanted something that I wouldn't have to race,or speed to have fun in,I always have fun driving my S13

Its a nissan!(DUH!)

Its "pimp" and "badass"

I can drag race it,I can touge it,I can drift it,I can pimp it out,I can show it ...what can't I do with it !??

I love my KA,I'm very passonate about it !
Old 01-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #26
wherezmytofu
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by rufrydrsc2
It came with my wife. Freebee!!!!! But that wasn't a choice on the poll.
now thats a good deal!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:27 PM   #27
JtWo
Zilvia Addict

JtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JtWo
lol....thats the coolest deal ever!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:35 PM   #28
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JtWo
lol....thats the coolest deal ever!!!
Wow....free wife with car? Works for me
Old 02-26-2004, 08:07 PM   #29
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard falling of a cliff was faster with a rear wheel drive
Old 02-26-2004, 10:03 PM   #30
iknowyoulike
Zilvia Member

iknowyoulike is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to iknowyoulike
it's cheap, looks good, and has great power potiental..
Closed Thread