Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-22-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
tiki240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tiki240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tiki240
HELP no pressure in clutch

no pressure in clutch. bled it for about an hour and no difference. the clutch pedal will stay down if depressed. WTF help please also can the tranny be pulled without pulling the motor? and i have just swapped it to the sr so why the hell am i haveing all these damn problems?!?!?
Old 07-22-2003, 06:29 PM   #2
Tubed4evr
Zilvia Member

Tubed4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I know this sounds stupid but double check that the correct reservoir is filled. The brake cylinder is the large obvious container and the clutch reservoir is small and is located on the firewall near the driver side door. Assuming the clutch reservoir is full, your next area of concern will be the slave cylinder and hydraulic lines. The slave cylinder is held onto the passenger side of the transmission by 2 bolts. Seals go bad in this puppy all the time and can cause a spongy pedal feel or in extreme cases a complete loss of pressure. You can buy a new seal kit from any parts store or you can get a new one for like $25. Definately sounds like some sort of hydraulic problem to me. Good luck man.

Ryan
Tubed4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 03:10 AM   #3
1121S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
can a bad slave cylinder also cause a Heavy pedal feel?
1121S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
PAnut240
Leaky Injector

PAnut240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PAnut240 Send a message via Yahoo to PAnut240
Yes, In some cases it will when the seals are bad. They bind up and start sticking causing the heavy pedal sensation. But that could also be caused by you clutch master cylinder seals being bad. I'ed try the Slave first. Its easier to access and change out. Good luck
Jim
'89 Fastback  SR20det; Greddy Profec B II boost controller. HKS 262 CAMS. Greddy Radiator,pulleys,oilfilter relocation kit,boost gauge, rockerarm stoppers,intake manifold. Nismo Fuel Press Reg. Ferra duel Valvesprings, ti retainers. East Bear headlight conversion. Type X tail lights. Tien Suspension, Tanabe race exhaust.  GT 16" rims, Walbro high Pressure fuel Pump,  7pt rollcage. HKS BOV. Mandril Exhaust Man. GTR FMIC. BeeR Valve cover. JE Pistons and Eagle Rods.
PAnut240 is offline   Reply With Quote