Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
wrxkyle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mixing BC s13 and s14 aftermarket cams on s13 head

i know the ka s13 and s14 cams are interchangable, and that the s13 and s14 sr ones are not due to vvt(correct me if i'm wrong) now aftermarket cams like the BC stage 2 264 cams do not support vvt right? so can you mix say a BC s14 intake cam with a BC s13 exhaust cam on a s13 sr head?
(bought a used (supposedly new never installed) set and turns out one is a new BC0205 IN for s14 and one is a badly gouged BC0201 EX for s13.-FML)
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
cannot mix intake cam with exhaust cam. I don't think it would even fit. Verify it yourself, but iirc s13 sr exhaust cam and the s14 sr exhaust cam are the same.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
wrxkyle
Leaky Injector

wrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura aboutwrxkyle has a spectacular aura about
to clarify i have one s13 exhaust cam and one s14 intake cam. from what i gather i could do them both in a s14 head but not s13, anybody able to tell me for sure?

edit: just heard back from Brian Crower, well the company anyway, and they say that yes you can use a bc0205 intake cam with an s13 head. now to find out if they can be specifically mixed together with s13 exhaust cam.

Last edited by wrxkyle; 03-31-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Old 04-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
wrxkyle
Leaky Injector

BC never got back to me about the mixing of cams but they did say my exhaust cam is FUBAR for sure. F freaking scamming sellers, now to contact paypal, and since i used my bank acct and not credit card looks like i'm extra fubar since i can't make a chargeback
Old 04-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
wrxkyle
Leaky Injector

official final word from bc- the s14 bc0205 are the same as the s13 bc0201 with the exeption of the s14 having an extra hole to oil some gear. s14 cams can go into s13's, s13 cams cannot go into s14.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
wrxkyle
Leaky Injector

the following are some tags to help anyone searching for this information in the future because i could not for the life of me find any real info on it. remember this is for the brian crower 264 cams, i can't vouch for any others, stock included.

bc stage 2 264 cam camshaft interchangeability

s14 intake cam s13 exhaust cam interchangeability

mixing sr20 sr20det camshafts

this thread contains info on mixing brian crower s14 intake cam with s13 exhaust cam in s14 head.

also BC confirmed that the s13/s14 264 exhaust cams are exactly the same, the intake cam is slightly different, you cannot put a s13 intake cam in a s14 head, but you can do it the other way around, exhaust cams are interchangable. i think the s15 has different vvt so i can't confirm anything there either..

Last edited by wrxkyle; 04-11-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thanks for following up on your post man, way to be

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
wrxkyle
Leaky Injector

no problem, taking 5 minuets to post up what took almost a week to find out is never a hard thing to do...