Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
whitecrab

Trader Rating: (0)
whitecrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
plug under s13 passenger fuse box.

im swapping my sr from my 89 wrecked coupe into my 93 coupe i bought and im about 90 percent done. i wired up the sr harness fine but after doing the lower harness theres one plug that doesnt match up. its the plug under the passenger side fuse box. on my 89 the plug has 4 wires going to it and my lower harness has a 4 wire plug too so they connected no problem but my 93 has a 2 wire plug under the fuse box. ive been researching it and all im getting is its a neutral safety swtich or park neutral plug but my 93 isnt auto and wasnt converted. whats the plug for?
the first two pics are the plug on my 89 coupe. its the plug thats underneth the fuse box. it has 4 wires yellow/blue, brown, red/blue, black.
the next two are the plug on my 93 coupe. same thing, under fuse box. it has two wires goin to it yellow/red and yellow blue.
the last two are the plug that goes to my lower harness. it has 4 wires going to it same as the plug for the 89 coupe.

whitecrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
whitecrab

anybody got an idea?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have an idea. Your description is very confusing so it's hard for normal people to understand what is going on.

The lower harness and the connection at the battery area has always given people problems.

You don't wire the lower harness by "matching up" colours. You need to understand what each wire does and where each wire needs to go.

There are some variations in the body harness. That's what people don't understand.

What are you asking? Do you want to know what that 4 pin grey plug on the body does? Or are you having trouble hooking up the lower harness on the SR?

There are a few plugs in the battery area and they're all very similar.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
I'm going to try my best to rephrase your question. Important information is highlighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrab View Post
im swapping my sr from my 89 wrecked coupe into my 93 coupe i bought and im about 90 percent done.
Did the 89 ever run correctly? All the sensors worked? Any driveability issues? Which SR? redtop/blacktop/s14/s15?

Since I can't read your mind I'm going to assume S13 SR.

Quote:
i wired up the sr harness fine but after doing the lower harness theres one plug that doesnt match up. its the plug under the passenger side fuse box. on my 89 the plug has 4 wires going to it and my lower harness has a 4 wire plug too so they connected no problem
What lower harness are you using? Original SR or modified KA? What wires are in the 4-pin lower harness?

Quote:
but my 93 has a 2 wire plug under the fuse box. ive been researching it and all im getting is its a neutral safety swtich or park neutral plug but my 93 isnt auto and wasnt converted. whats the plug for?
The auto has the inhibitor switch. Not applicable to you.

The neutral position switch runs straight from the lower harness to the engine harness plug by the battery. Then straight to the ECU.

You do not need any neutral position sensor at all. I remove this sensor on all KA and SRs.

Quote:
the first two pics are the plug on my 89 coupe. its the plug thats underneth the fuse box. it has 4 wires yellow/blue, brown, red/blue, black.
It's "E11" on the body and plugs into "E201" on the lower harness. This plug is only on manual cars.

Brown - Power Steering Oil Pressure Switch
Yellow/Blue - 5th gear switch
Black - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor (CA state only)
Red/Blue - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor (CA state only)

Quote:
the next two are the plug on my 93 coupe. same thing, under fuse box. it has two wires goin to it yellow/red and yellow blue.
Ask somebody who has a paper twin cam S13 FSM to look in the foldout for you. Or look in the EL section and try to figure out which plug it is.

Quote:
the last two are the plug that goes to my lower harness. it has 4 wires going to it same as the plug for the 89 coupe.
Please post the colours for this plug.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
whitecrab

my 89 ran with no problems. it had my redtop sr in it. i wrecked it and i bought a 93 coupe so i swapped everything over to it.im useing a ka lower harness modified. the wires in the lower harness are red/blue yellow/blue brown and black.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
the wires in the lower harness are red/blue yellow/blue brown and black.
This doesn't look like Red/Blue, Yellow/Blue, Brown, and Black.

Quote:

Old 12-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
g6civcx
Post Whore!

A lot of people botch the lower harness because they're stupid.

Go back and redo your lower harness. Figure out every wire on that needs to go on the engine and transmission. Unbundle the wrap if you have to.

Anything that doesn't need to be there can go. If you have problems figure out which wire you need, ask me.

Then we figure out where these wires need to go. We find the matching wire on the twin cam and hook the wires up. You may have to slice off the plugs on the twin cam lower harness so that you can plug into the body, or you can hardwire the wires into the body if you don't have the twin cam lower harness plugs.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
g6civcx
Post Whore!

I can't tell what that 2wire plug is on the 93. Can you zoom out and show more where that wire is coming from?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
whitecrab

the 2 wire plug is coming from under the fuse box on the 93. the problem that i was running into was my lower harness pluged up to that plug under the fuse box in my 89 and now its not on my 93. so the problems r the plugs under the fuse box but i startd the car with out the plugs being connected so i dont think its important but we'll see tomorrow when i drive it. i would still like to know what plug that is.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Didn't you pay attention to anything I posted? You cannot match the wires up by trying to plug in the connectors. Nissan used the same connectors but repinned differently.

I need to see more of the 93 2pin connector. Right now I can't tell which harness this connector is on.

If you say you want to find a 4pin plug to plug the lower harness in one more time I'm leaving this thread and most people here won't have the patience to help you.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Most people don't even know what the E11 connector is on the single cam.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
whitecrab

im not trying to connect the plugs by wire color.that 2 pin plug goes to the fuse box. im saying that 4 pin plug on my lower harness connected on my 89 fine. now when i swap everything over to my 93 coupe that plug is different under the fuse box. so im just tring to find out what that plug is or does.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #13
whitecrab

it would help alot if u hit me up so i can better describe it. 407 879 8252 jay.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #14
thoroxin
Leaky Injector

thoroxin is an unknown quantity at this point
I am having this problem going from an sohc to dohc engine....any help would be nice Thanks!
thoroxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:00 AM   #15
SA56334

SA56334 is an unknown quantity at this point
The plug he was talking about is E16(E203 plugs into it) under the fuse box. I am terrible at reading electric schematics. Can someone tell me what the two wires are for in the E16/E201 plug? I just swapped a s13 dohc into my sohc chassis. Dohc lower is 2 pin, and won't go into 4pin sohc harness in the same location under fuse block.

Thank you.

Last edited by SA56334; 09-22-2015 at 06:40 AM..
SA56334 is offline   Reply With Quote