Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
M11's is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Angry how do i start to repair frame damage?

Have an 1989 hatch. Busy with school and car has been running fine never need to look under the car to much. Did take my car to mechanic few months ago for lower timing chain so he would have to get the car on the lift and I know my frame was not fucked up before that. Thinking some how he screwed it and didn't tell me. Here is what it looks like took with my phone so are bad pics.

How would I even start to fix it.

M11's is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That's not frame damage.

First off, the car is a unibody, there is no 'frame'. True those are called frame rails, but they do not lend to anything other than a place to weld the floorpan to and provide a backbone for the unibody.

There are a ton of related topics on this here and probably every car forum on the internet, as most people are like you and think that a crushed rail means the car is bent in some way. It's not, it's just maimed a little.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

so could i just chop that out and weld new section in its place.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Not sure if the dealer still offers it but it can be replaced
cut out the crushed one, weld in a new one
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Don't bother repairing it, you'll never see it and unless it's torn or missing, it's not going to affect how the car drives.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
SILVIA-40
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SILVIA-40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive got some of that on my rails from the prior owner lifting it wrong Im guessing.. Im just leaving it alone. As long as theres nothing done to your floor boards that you can see inside, just leave it. Put money elsewhere.
SILVIA-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

thanks was unsure if it was gonna cause problems. would it do any good to talk to the mechanic who dented it about it.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sure see if you can get to admit he did it then get him some monies
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by M11's View Post
thanks was unsure if it was gonna cause problems. would it do any good to talk to the mechanic who dented it about it.
Dude's that money in your pocket if you press the issue. If it were something you or a previous owner had done, then whatever let it slide till you have extra funds to cover something like that, but since a mechanic that did work on your car caused this I would definitely be knocking at his door getting shit settled.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

Wish i would have checked his work earlier. will see what i can do after thanksgiving. I have had my car on plenty of lifts and on stands would have for sure noticed it, so i am positive it happened at the mech.