Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
qwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 1993 240sx s13 hatch - $900

Alright up for sale i've got a

1993 nissan 240sx. S13 body style. it is a hatchback and SE model

The car has some definite damage as shown in pics. It has a prior salvage title, but is not salvage titled now. It has no liens or loans on it. It does run WELL, but tranny is going.

The good:
strong running rebuilt KA24DE motor, rebuilt motor from a professional engine rebuilder, approx. 65,000 miles on the motor, and it shows. this motor runs flawlessly.
This is a 5spd car, with a brand new cluth, BUT the tranny needs some work, 1st and 2nd dont work well, 3,4,5 and reverse work fine. Had a transmission shop tell me its the syncro's and they would charge $600 total for a rebuild, including parts. The master rebuild kit can be found for these online for around $250, saving you plenty of money if you can do the work.
New brake pads
new slave cylinder
great tires on 3 SE wheels and one donut
it will come with 2 other SE wheels as well, but they have bad tires.
NO RUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me repeat that NO RUST!!!!!!!!!!!! only some surface rust where the damage is.
door panels are EXCELLENT! i have one off in the pics but they go on perfect.
back seat is in EXCELLENT shape, so are the panels back there
hatch interior is in good shape as well.
clutch is BRAND NEW less that 100 miles on it before tranny started giving out. it was a new clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. cost $225

The bad:
well its $900 and has a strong rebuilt motor so, its not perfect.
interior is not pretty,
Front 2 seats are.. alright, drivers has a rip and passenger has a small one i think.
Carpet is dirty, not destroyed
Shifter console piece is out, but included and in good shape (took out to drop tranny and replace clutch)
dash has one small crack
damage on passenger side shown in pics, fender and rear quarter are fairly dented, some damage on door,
body man told me less than $1000 to fix, or buy a new fender for $40-50, a new door for around $75 or less, then less than $600 to fix the rest.
needs a paint job, back bumper does not match car, would not be expensive since whole car would be painted when repaired anyway.
crack in windshield, low enough to pass inspection

Car WOULD pass inspection as it sits, windshield is cracked, but low enough to pass.
If car is purchased for the asking price i will throw in that Garret turbo pictured in the album, it is in excellent shape.

For pictures click here : 240 part out pictures by qwarnon - Photobucket

For any more info email me at [email protected] , or text/call chris at 573-576-1114
qwarnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
wideride
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
wideride is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice....only if you 100M away from where i am,bee there in a sec...
Old 09-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
basicmods
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
basicmods is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
when motor was rebuilt, was it rebuilt with stock components or was it strengthened at all? I've been looking for a motor to either rebuild for turbo or one already built, and this may be the answer. LMK
Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
if you ever part it out ill take the motor
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

qwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura about
come get it i'd take $400 for the motor. it looks great runs even better.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
basicmods
Zilvia Member

Again - can you give more info on the motor - componets that were replaced, if anything was replaced with better than stock stuff (ie headgasket, head bolts, rods, pistons, any cam differences). Very interested in the motor for a KA-T build. Also - has it been 65k since the rebuild or 65k total on the motor? If so how many miles since the rebuild?

Also - which turbo is that? It looks like a stock sr or ca18det turbo, but i could be wrong. Would be looking for something a little bigger for a KA-t (at least a .64, more preferably in the .7 range)
Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

im sorry i didnt see your first post. it is a small turbo, would work for low boost on the ka but thats it, it is similar to an sr turbo.

the motor was rebuilt to with mostly NEW stock parts, by a professional rebuilder. This is not the original motor that was in the car, it was purchased from a rebuilder. i purchased this car from a friend not too long ago and realized i dont have time for 2 projects, this is what he told me about the motor:

It was rebuilt to close to stock specs, only a few things were changed:
head gasket is aftermarket (he doesnt remember what kind) but not OEM nissan.
bolts are all new throughout the inside of the motor.
new pistons with reconditioned rods.
Has new NGK wires, plugs, K and N filter, and has had oil changed every 3000-3500 miles since new motor.
New motor also has new accessories: distributor, water pump, timing chain, intake manifold etc.

Things i know are from the original car, not new motor:
exhaust manifold (heat sheild is new).
engine fan (i will throw in an electric fan if you'd like)
motor mounts (could use new ones)

feel free to ask any more questions.
also i know alot of ppl going to school in rolla!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
basicmods
Zilvia Member

hmm..that seems like a pretty good deal - do you know if the values, seals, and guides were all replaced as well? Also, I assume it's 65k since the rebuild?

Have to talk to the wifey, if she says yes I'll need to try and get a truck lined up to get it. Will also have to clear out some space in the storage to fit it. You are only about 2 hours away so it's not a bad drive, but I wouldn't want to burden the 240 with an engine in the hatch...LOL although its only 375 lbs or so, so the 240 could do it, she just wouldn't be happy..
Old 10-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
basicmods
Zilvia Member

Just picked up the engine. Thanks again! Great seller!