Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
CloudFactory

Trader Rating: (0)
CloudFactory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Saturday July 18th Mineral Wells SuperGymkhana

Welcome Friends!!! Its time for Gymkhana racing in Texas!!!

For those that don't know, Gymkhana is the Japanese version of autocross, in which drifting is allowed and your main goal is efficient technical driving and car control, to allow you to navigate through the course in the quickest time possible.

the course layout is such that the fastest way through is to drift in some sections.

Tech inspection starts at 9:00am, driver's meeting will start around 9:45am. Please be there early enough for this if you intend to drive.

Runs will continue throughout the day, probably until shortly before sunset, or until everyone is tired and no drivers wish to make any more runs for the day, whichever comes first.

All runs will be timed, but only your fastest run will count.

This course will be huge by gymkhana standards taking an avg of 2 minutes to complete.

The course will include barrel racing, reverse section, 180's, and a stop box.

There will be a tech inspection of each car before it is allowed to go on the track, which will include a quick lookover of the car and safety equipment (ie helmet, seat belts, ect.. )

The inspection will also include a J turn. We need to see that your cars suspension is up to the task of keeping you from rolling over so a quick 15 mph j turn will give us a chance to make sure everyone will be safe and have a fun day..

Tech will be strictly enforced to weed out high CG vehicles. Those vehicles that fail tech due to high CG will be allowed to run but will not be allowed to use the reverse section.

Prices for the event are as follows:

Drivers entrance fee - $40

Pit access (if you are not driving but are with a crew or want to hang out in the pits with the drivers) - $5

General spectators area - Free!!!

The top finisher will recieve free admission to the next Cloudfactory sponsored Mineral Wells event, and we aim to make these a regular thing.

The #1 finisher will recieve free admission to the next event.

The track will be located at Mineral Wells Airport.. In the back on the old tarmac...

CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAP!

orange is racing line red is reverse section red dots are stop box blue dots are barrel racing section

Thanks and I hope to see you there!!!

rollcall time whos coming ??

Last edited by CloudFactory; 07-02-2009 at 06:25 AM..
CloudFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I'd like to make it out to this. Perhaps if I get my car back here in time, I'll sign up.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
CloudFactory

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
I'd like to make it out to this. Perhaps if I get my car back here in time, I'll sign up.

we will be glad to have you.

please note people this will be a ton of seat time, lunch and drinks will be available for purchase on site so no need to drive into town to eat . this will be a chance to get 3+ hours of actual seat time.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
Krimlin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Krimlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudFactory View Post
we will be glad to have you.
I'll do what I can, but I'm in Lindale, and my car is 1500 miles away in Pomona, CA. lol

I really doubt that I'll make the event, but if I get my car back over in time, I'll try to make it out.

No promises though. lol
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
CloudFactory

i have added another class entry for this (competition class) will be 75.00

Winner of the comp class will receive a New Comp Turbo ordered to there specs in journal bearing up to specs of a 35R, meaning you want a GT28RS, GT2871, 30R,35R, you can get the journal bearing equivilent, you can also have one made to your specs, or the winner can pay the difference and get it upgraded to a triple ball bearing center section.

[/QUOTE]
Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
CloudFactory

11 days left