Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
dbenavides
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
dbenavides is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S14 Z32 brakes & master cyclinder upgrade

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Z32 brake conversion on my S14. I have installed the front & rear Z32 calipers, rotors, and emergency brakes on my car. I then installed the Z32 brake master cylinder on my car. I bleed all four corners and then bleed the master cyclinder on the car from the lines. I did not bench bleed the master cylinder off the car. The problem i'm having is that my brakes feel week and if I let the brakes sit for a while and then go to press the pedal it almost goes to the floor. once I pump the brakes a couple of times I get pressure. I have tried bleeding all four corners 4-5 times now and I even bleed the new master cylinder on the car 3 times. I dont know what else to do. Should I undo the 3 lines from the master cyclinder and get a bench bleeding kit and try that? Does anyone know what else I should try?

Any help would be great!
Thanks!
dbenavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
dbenavides
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
dbenavides is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think I have found my problem. I installed my rear calipers backwards. The bleeder valve is on the bottom. I will have to switch the calipers and bleed the system again. I read in one forum that this will not allow all the air out of the system. Can someone confirm this?
dbenavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenavides View Post
I think I have found my problem. I installed my rear calipers backwards. The bleeder valve is on the bottom. I will have to switch the calipers and bleed the system again. I read in one forum that this will not allow all the air out of the system. Can someone confirm this?
Correct. Bleeders most be on the top side of the caliper.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote