Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
MudRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thumbs down Why does the population need to learn how to do this?

Do Donuts - Wired How-To Wiki

Do Donuts
From Wired How-To Wiki

Want to whirl around in tight circles like Michelle Kwan pulling a triple axel? Tanner Foust, last year's Formula Drift series champion and stunt driver in films like The Bourne Ultimatum and The Dukes of Hazzard, tells us the best technique for spinning like a pro. Try it after you drop off the kids at school.

1. Get the right ride. For best results you need a rear-wheel drive with manual transmission, a few hundred horses under the hood, cheap tires and a limited slip differential (which allows the wheels to spin at different speeds). You could practice with a rental — not that we'd ever condone such behavior. Ever.

2. Position your tires. While stopped, turn the steering wheel until it's almost fully locked.

3. Rev the engine. In first gear with the clutch in, hit the gas until you get up to about 3,500 rpm.

4. Dump the clutch. Simultaneously remove your left foot from the clutch and jam your right one onto the accelerator until you're just below the red line. This part is the hardest on your car. If you don't do it quickly enough, you can burn out the clutch.

5. Ease off. Before you're too dizzy, gradually lower your left foot onto the brake — with your right foot still on the gas — and you'll slow down the car enough to begin steering. (If you have a front-wheel drive, follow the same steps but drive backward.)

I understand the curiosity from the general population, but the last thing you need is a bunch of people doing donuts in parking lots and streets and causing all sorts of trouble.

-
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
probably for the same reason there are how-to's on bomb making in the internet..

just for fun...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
someone was doing donuts in the intersection in front of my parents house today in their newly swapped sil-40 lol
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRacer View Post
(which allows the wheels to spin at different speeds)
-
something tells me that's not the point of having an LSD...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
something tells me that's not the point of having an LSD...
haha I wondered the same thing when I saw that, I was like
Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
^^^ lol

and actually, I think this is exactly what we need. if a majority of the general population started doin' donuts all over the place it would have to be legalized! only makes sense.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikNspan View Post
and actually, I think this is exactly what we need. if a majority of the general population started doin' donuts all over the place it would have to be legalized! only makes sense.
Hopefully that keke smiley is your indication of you knowing full well how stupid your little paragraph is right?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Hey, if everybody starts smoking marijuana and going out with prostitutes, it would have to be legalized!

Not.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

haha no. but thats not where this thread is heading. I dont mind newbies trying to donut their car and crashing,

if they crash into a curb, their loss, but if they crash into my parked car, im gonna have to do repairs for no reason. Ive seen way too many kids nowadays trying to do random nonsense.

its just annoying.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Yep.

A few months ago, while I was taking the wifey to Starbucks, some random coupe popped out of a random street into this 4 lane wide street(one I was on), did a quick donut, and zoomed back into the street he came out of.

I wish cops would see more of these stupid ass kids in order to crush their cars and throw heavy fines at them.

Modifying your car is one thing, but acting like a complete jackass in a public road is just idiotic.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^haha yah that reminds me of this time when i was cruisin university ave and some kid in a white fc saw me, he decided he would bust a drift u turn and follow me, smile and give the nod, then do another drift u turn to go in the direction he was originally heading, he rode up onto the curb lol.. Dunno if he thought the j-turn would score points with me or with bystanders or what, a simple thumbs up and smile will do, but that was unnecessary. lol

i have a subscription to Wired mag that someone gave to me as a gift, i saw that in the issue, but didnt bother to post..
There was a similar article in a Maxim or FHM on how to drift, i think it was samual hiburnette(sp?) who did that one, again i dont recall..

Its mostly just to fill/add content to the magazines and for entertainment purposes.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Hopefully that keke smiley is your indication of you knowing full well how stupid your little paragraph is right?
you know it.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #13
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Vaughn Gittin Jr. Drifting in the Streets of LA 9/6/2008
Old 10-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Come up to Oakland.

They do this shit all day. Everyday. lmao.

stupid ass's.

hella hyphy!

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #15
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
^^^^ side shows son. all day long thats all we do up in the yay area. yeeee. Thizz mother fucka haha.

tofu man: Don't be cheap, and buy shitty high offset rims
Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #16
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alindeman1989 View Post
^^^^ side shows son. all day long thats all we do up in the yay area. yeeee. Thizz mother fucka haha.
ZOMG I saw the little special on that awhile back...
Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #17
SqueekyClean
BANNED

SqueekyClean is an unknown quantity at this point
I would think that learning how to do a Donut could save your life.

Lets say there was a car accident ahead, and there's nowhere to go, so you would need to turn around fast.

Or there was an Avalanche!! and you needed to turn around fast and go the opposite way.

Or if liquid Magma...was pouring out from the earth and a 3 point turn wasn't sufficient.

See? This could save you from MAGMA!! Hot liquid MAGMA!!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #18
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

hahaha

"Kids!! Do a donut! Save your life!"

That might not work well with parents. Although if you show an advertisement with the driver driving straight into molten lava they might approve of it.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
SqueekyClean
BANNED

SqueekyClean is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't drifting the same Idea?

Drifting is on the verge of doing a donut.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Yo I can't afford track time what shud i do???????????????????/
Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #21
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
YouTube - Bosch Performance Art

yeah lets drift on the streets and tag our names on the ground!

dunno if thats good advertising? imagine ur late to work that day because they decided to block off the streets that day so they can shoot a commercial lol
Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #22
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

firm tofu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Hey, if everybody starts smoking marijuana and going out with prostitutes, it would have to be legalized!

Not.
in amsterdam it is!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #23
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
^Me and some friends were just talking about visiting Amsterdam soon!!!

So epic!!

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 10-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #24
240=180
Zilvia Member

240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about
lol i posted this before but here we go

YouTube - 880 sideshow bay area freeway takeover
Old 10-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #25
240=180
Zilvia Member

240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about
heres a better one on another local freeway

YouTube - Bay Area Freeway Takeover 580 Sideshow
Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 AM   #26
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
LOL this reminds me of how to with Colin Frost oh man. I mean it's good for learning the basics, and Colin is uber sexy. I think they did an article of his old hatchi in like modified mag or somthing on how to do donuts with it hahaha.

YouTube - driftheroes.com - How to Do a Donut (drifting)
Old 10-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #27
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

haha those videos are inspirational to all those newbie 'donut'ers that decide their automatic fwd car can do donuts.

No. dont burn rubber on the streets.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #28
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240=180 View Post
lol i posted this before but here we go

YouTube - 880 sideshow bay area freeway takeover
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240=180 View Post
heres a better one on another local freeway

YouTube - Bay Area Freeway Takeover 580 Sideshow
Okay, that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen... I hate NorCal so much.
Closed Thread