Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
bowflex

Trader Rating: (0)
bowflex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 isis oil pan

I'm looking to by a new oil pan for my sr20 to replace the old tiny one. I don't really have that much money so I found an ISIS oil pan that claims to be an inexpensive alternative to Greddy version. It's $130 as opposed to $375 for Greddy and $400 for ARC. I don't want what I buy to leak or not work either so I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Saw in on enjuku.com just for reference.
bowflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Don't be a cheapass.

Buy a real oil pan or else risk loosing oil and blowing your motor.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
greddy NEEEEEEDs your business. Just do it. It's legit
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
silviakid2790
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
silviakid2790 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i was also lookin at the same pan and wondering the same as well...... if you compare the greddy and ISIS the picture is the exact same, and they have the exact same description
silviakid2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviakid2790 View Post
i was also lookin at the same pan and wondering the same as well...... if you compare the greddy and ISIS the picture is the exact same, and they have the exact same description
Its called copy and paste, Just Buy greddy.
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
knockoff companies killing the real ones but all these guys care about is saving some money.

i hope you blow your motor.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
buy a stock pan and get an oil cooler. i ran extra quart of oil just to be safe in the sr on the track. no need for a 300 dollar pan
Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviakid2790 View Post
yup, that's why they're called knockoffs. They copy greddy's product and do it with little to no quality control and cheaper manufacturing methods. This is why u save money and why their products oftentimes are giant pieces of shit
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
moroso also makes an oil pan for the sr its legit.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
support america.

buy ls6 crate motor.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #11
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post
knockoff companies killing the real ones but all these guys care about is saving some money.

I hope you blow your motor.
+1
Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
sigh this is exactly why im out of a job. support the real companies and buy the legit stuff.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post

i hope you blow your motor.

That's a bit much.
Mangudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #14
Nismo240SX
Zilvia Addict

Nismo240SX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nismo240SX
honestly, after selling greddy and the greddy knockoff years ago... if it were up to me, I'd get the knockoff. Even if money wasn't an object, I'd still get it. In all seriousness, you're paying for the name. We measured every part of the knockoff, and it was just as on as the greddy. If Greddy needs our business, they'll lower their prices and get in the game. I wouldn't cheap out on a few things though... engine internals, suspension, and electronics. Just my $.02 though.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #15
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicit240 View Post
sigh this is exactly why im out of a job. support the real companies and buy the legit stuff.
Yup, what he said. OEM or real stuff, no knock offs.
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #16
ant s13

ant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of lightant s13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ant s13
Has anyone actually blown their motor cause of a "knock off" oil pan? Please correct me.
ant s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240SX View Post
honestly, after selling greddy and the greddy knockoff years ago... if it were up to me, I'd get the knockoff. Even if money wasn't an object, I'd still get it. In all seriousness, you're paying for the name. We measured every part of the knockoff, and it was just as on as the greddy. If Greddy needs our business, they'll lower their prices and get in the game. I wouldn't cheap out on a few things though... engine internals, suspension, and electronics. Just my $.02 though.
Amen.
If i were in your position, id most def buy it.
hope it goes well!
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #18
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
i wouldn't cheap out on anything that is very vital to the engine
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #19
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
After seeing how poorly a Freddy oil pan fit I would never use one. Not a fan of the Greddy ether. Cast Alum that close to the ground on a lowered car...

I would only get the Tomei pan. Can't beat Steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
moroso also makes an oil pan for the sr its legit.
Hasn't been in their stock list for 2-3 years.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #20
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
get the arc pan ... if your going to upgrade something why not get the best ... i mean if you cant afford something wait / save up some money and try to look for one on a discount im sure you can get a arc pan for under 375 ... when you go to the store and see milk thats fresh and milk on sale that expires today .. do you buy the milk that expires today because you want to save .23 cents ?! if you do then you fail lol
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #21
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
DAMNIT !!!! So many ignorant people. Its not just dimension that you can see with your eyes. Grab a damn clue. Quit being dumb. Think about castings, think how the metal is poured into the mold. Think about it. If you want to take real measurements send it into a lab and get the metallurgy of both products. Guarantee you greddy is better.

Stronger castings(stronger product), less porousity. Less chance of oil seeping through the metal.

"If Greddy needs our business they will lower their prices ?" Are you ******* kidding me? Can you just roll a tub of grease down the road and go slide on it please?

Cost of aluminum went up, cost of shipping went up, cost of engineers went up. You think companies that make copies have engineers to develope parts ? No they just copy duh! Thats why copies are cheaper, But because they don't have engineers then they don't know the processess of producing a good product. For that same reason they probably didn't spend the R&D on how to cast the metal to give it maximum strength, superior finish, and less porousity.

You wouldn't cheap out on important things like internals ??? MOFDUGing engine relies on your oil pan !!!!!

I jUsT gOt StUpIdEr ReAdInG yOuR pOsT

V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240SX View Post
Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 AM   #22
Megadang
Leaky Injector

Megadang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Megadang
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka2 View Post
.. do you buy the milk that expires today because you want to save .23 cents ?! if you do then you fail lol
How is that the same as buying a knock off oil pan?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 AM   #23
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I only paid $150 for my ARC pan, is it going to fail on me because I didn't pay full price?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #24
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I don't think it's just the name you're paying for. I've had knockoffs of intercoolers/oil pans/etc and sold them right back after seeing the quality. Do things right the first time. Support Greddy. After buying a XS/Mountain/Stone branded stuff, I realize crap doesn't fit up right, aluminum isn't proper thickness, their casting sucks, leaks everywhere. I'm one for saving a buck, but don't cheap out just cuz it has the same function as the part it's copying and skip out on the quality.

Just because you drive a 240 doesn't mean you should put junk parts on it. Have some class and respect for your car and yourself.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #25
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
I'm with everybody who is for buying the real thing...."You get what you pay for!"
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #26
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant s13 View Post
Has anyone actually blown their motor cause of a "knock off" oil pan? Please correct me.
Maybe, theres really no way to tell. But how often do you hear people in here about getting rod knocks? You get rod knocks on SRs in 2 ways, engine pinging/knocking or oil related issues. Thats where you start asking yourself if you did everything in your power to alleviate oil issues from developing in your engine. Bad oil pan, too thin of oil, dry start, shitty engine, clogged up sump...etc etc.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #27
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
If you're gonna make the mistake of putting a cast aluminum oil pan on a car that's probably going to be lowered, at least do it right and get the greddy one.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #28
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
After seeing how poorly a Freddy oil pan fit I would never use one. Not a fan of the Greddy ether. Cast Alum that close to the ground on a lowered car...

I would only get the Tomei pan. Can't beat Steel.

FTW. greddy or otherwise... cast aluminum oil pan? track only, ok, but you'd be nuts to use that on the street.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #29
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
DAMNIT !!!! So many ignorant people. Its not just dimension that you can see with your eyes. Grab a damn clue. Quit being dumb. Think about castings, think how the metal is poured into the mold. Think about it. If you want to take real measurements send it into a lab and get the metallurgy of both products. Guarantee you greddy is better.

Stronger castings(stronger product), less porousity. Less chance of oil seeping through the metal.

"If Greddy needs our business they will lower their prices ?" Are you ******* kidding me? Can you just roll a tub of grease down the road and go slide on it please?

Cost of aluminum went up, cost of shipping went up, cost of engineers went up. You think companies that make copies have engineers to develope parts ? No they just copy duh! Thats why copies are cheaper, But because they don't have engineers then they don't know the processess of producing a good product. For that same reason they probably didn't spend the R&D on how to cast the metal to give it maximum strength, superior finish, and less porousity.

You wouldn't cheap out on important things like internals ??? MOFDUGing engine relies on your oil pan !!!!!

V
Quote:

V
Quote:

V
Quote:

V
Amen to you my brotha.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #30
rotation3x
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
rotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rotation3x
I have ran greddy pan on both my sr's they fit good and resonable price....If you are worried about driving on the stree because your oil pan is aluminum you can get one of those aluminum skid plates and a oil pressure gauge to be xtra cautious.
rotation3x is offline   Reply With Quote