Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
heyitsmikey

Trader Rating: (0)
heyitsmikey is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Starting Problem on 97 Ka24de

Hi Guys I have a problem and I hope someone can help me out with. I didn't drive my 240 for 3 days and now it is having some starting problems. I couldn't get it to start today so I looked at my tps (fiddled with it is more like it) and that didn't work, checked my evap lines and they look fine. I decided to change my spark plugs and my wires as they are about 30,000 miles old. After that it would start but idle would just drop. It has been kinda cold here lately and it suddenly warmed up 86 degree temperature all of sudden. I don't know if that could cause it too. I tried to start it and it would crank but it would just die so I gave it some gas at start and it started. My motor hasn't had idle problems, and about 25k ago it wouldn't start and my mechanic told me most likely it's an injector, he changed it and it was running fine. My motor is in good shape and I always run synthetic, changing it every 2300 miles. I am beginning to notice the BP invigorate stuff does not sit well with my car. If it is an injector is that easy to change (do I need to do something with obdII when I change it) and how do I figure out which injector is bad. Any help would be great thanks guys.
heyitsmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links