Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MaD ViLLaiN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy im broke as a joke and my car is leaking...

sup all, im super broke i just moved here and havent landed a job yet, and my damn car is leaking coolant, i dont know jack shit about how to fix cars myself and was hoping some awesomely cool person near rosemead could help and show me how to fix it. I just got back from picking up my girlfriends little brother from school and noticed i had a liquid trail following my car, i got down and looked under it and saw alot of coolant leaking from under the engine area, couldnt identify specificaly where the leak was from. On the drive back from the school my temp gauge was raising to damn near the top of the H line, luckily i made it home. I dont have the money at the moment to take it to a shop but maybe i got just enough to fix it myself i dont know. if anyone can help please hit me up thanx!!!
MaD ViLLaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Well, I'm not in California, but where is the leak? If it's coming from the front center of the engine, its most likely the water pump. It's a pretty straightforward repair, although it would definitely help if somebody more experienced could lend a hand.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

im waiting for the engine to cool down a lil bit b4 i go out there and start opening things and whatnot, but when i looked it was kinda towards the engine area and not the radiator. and it was a fast big leak! does that sound like the pump?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD ViLLaiN View Post
im waiting for the engine to cool down a lil bit b4 i go out there and start opening things and whatnot, but when i looked it was kinda towards the engine area and not the radiator. and it was a fast big leak! does that sound like the pump?
Yeah, if it's dripping around or under the crank pulley, it's most likely the water pump. The pump is designed to leak all at once before the seal begins to go bad. If you can't find anybody experienced to give you a hand, autozone can give you step by step instructions on how to do it. The FSM tells you how to swap in a new pump too. Just be sure to bleed the coolant system properly, there are threads on how to do that.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

thanks alot bro i appreciate that. i dont have a whole lot of tools available to me, do you happen to know off the top of your head what kinda tools ill need for the job?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

holy crap, im looking at the step by step from autozone i dont think i can do this alone, without fukin it up. damn
Old 10-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

anyone close by wanna help me with a water pump repair?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

If I remember right, you'll just need a 10 and a 12 millimeter wrench. If you don't think you can handle it though, I would think labor on a water pump at your local garage wouldnt be too much.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
Boostin on you
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Boostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
where in rosemead are you at?

me and my team will help you, just provide us some snacks and drinks.
Boostin on you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

hehe i just went out there to look and i cant even locate my water pump hehe shows homw much i know. haha well i could maybe get a hook up at a toyota dealer got friends there my girlfriend has friends there in the service department, but its not exactly close. ill maybe borrow some money and take it to a shop, or maybe someone close by may see this post a respond to help. anyways thank alot for your help so far bro. i appreciate it!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin on you View Post

i live off of san gabriel blvd. the closest known thing i can think of is up the hill from the wal-greens on garvey and san gabriel
oh im actualy closer to the wal mart. my street is Celito Dr.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
Boostin on you
BANNED

Boostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymore
get a new water pump and well install it for u free of charge..

how far are you from hellman and orange?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

Quote:
get a new water pump and well install it for u free of charge..

how far are you from hellman and orange?
im not 100% sure its the water pump. dont wanna buy it and then you get here and thats not even it hehe
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
Boostin on you
BANNED

how far are you from mark keppel high school or hellman and delmar
Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #15
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

not sure where orange is but i think hellman is parallel to the 10 fwy isnt it?!?! hehe sorry i honeslty just moved here less than a week ago, dont know the streets just yet.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #16
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

im really close to the wal mart.

Last edited by MaD ViLLaiN; 10-09-2008 at 06:46 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
ZenkiMR_S
Zilvia Member

ZenkiMR_S is making a name for him/her selfZenkiMR_S is making a name for him/her selfZenkiMR_S is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiMR_S
He is about 5 mins away from mark keppel if you take garvey.
ZenkiMR_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #18
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

so i refilled the rediator and the resevior. ran the car for a lil bit and after bout 3 mins or so it started leaking from the center area, so most likely the water pump, it also had a small amount of whiteish smoke coming from the top, like between the twincam cover thing and the throttle body. could this be related?!?! it had a faint burn smell to it. maybe burning oil some how?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #19
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Whitish smoke, sounds like coolant not oil get burnt. iirc, oil is black smoke.
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

oh ok good to know, so it seems like its a relatively cheap fix and isolated to only one problem i really hope so, cuz im to broke for anything more grrr! im ex army and cant even get a job haha shitty economy!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #21
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

ok so so far it turns out it may not be the water pump, boostin on you, and some friends came by and saw that it was a leak from a hose instead. So thank you so very much you guys are fukin awesome! so i went to autozone just now and spent 14 bucks on a friggin hose, that will need to be cut to length to fit. but it should hopefuly solve my problem.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 AM   #22
1989rps13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (10)
1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1989rps13
Quote:

what a pal man. I've only seen you and some other people post this kind of stuff up. Its cool to see that many people are not that money hungry
1989rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
sr20alex
Zilvia Member

sr20alex is making a name for him/her selfsr20alex is making a name for him/her self
San gabriel is 5 minutes away from keppel just take 10 E get off on san gabriel, boostin on you, what a great zilvian, mind me dropping by and "try" to help. It'll be a great learning experience for me.
sr20alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #24
Boostin on you
BANNED

just a fucked up hose. Dripping like a rain forest near the firewall. He got a new hose, once we both have time Ill install it. Shouldnt take long

if anyone in the 626 needs help just hit me up and we can check it out. Ive had alot of people on zilvia help me when my s14 was stuck ( gsrxjordan ) in mpk about a year ago. Thanks to him he saved me from getting my car towed/ticketed. So Im more than glad to help others that were in my situation/
Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #25
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
ohh shit...someone helped u already...good lookin out...if there are any issues i can help over the weekend... im near dodger stadium in the 90031 area

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:56 AM   #26
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
if you are broke i would try to collect whatever your car is leaking into a jar and sell it on ebay.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #27
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
ok so so far it turns out it may not be the water pump, boostin on you, and some friends came by and saw that it was a leak from a hose instead. So thank you so very much you guys are fukin awesome! so i went to autozone just now and spent 14 bucks on a friggin hose, that will need to be cut to length to fit. but it should hopefuly solve my problem.
Glad to know it's now fixed and just a minor issue. Just PM Pare if you need other help.

Quote:
just a fucked up hose. Dripping like a rain forest near the firewall. He got a new hose, once we both have time Ill install it. Shouldnt take long

if anyone in the 626 needs help just hit me up and we can check it out. Ive had alot of people on zilvia help me when my s14 was stuck ( gsrxjordan ) in mpk about a year ago. Thanks to him he saved me from getting my car towed/ticketed. So Im more than glad to help others that were in my situation/
Big props to you and your team for helping.. This is what Zilvia is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
if you are broke i would try to collect whatever your car is leaking into a jar and sell it on ebay.
You must be speaking from your experience.. Good for you!!
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

yeah everyone here has been very helpful, well mostly everyone! hehe but yeah its really cool that some people are just honest people wanting to help others! yo i still owe you and your crew lunch bro, i just need a job first haha, anywho i might be takin it to a shop today cuz it appears since its been sitting i am now leaking oil from the rear area near the passenger rear tire??? and also a small gasoline leak right next to the oil leak??? so im gonna try to drive it to a local garage and see WTF is up with this car, cuz none of this shit was leaking when i bought it!!! well thanks again to everyone you guys are awesome!! and hopefully the repairs aint more than 400 all together cuz that really all i got to my name at the moment. anyone know a good HONEST shop near rosemead that aint gonna try to sell my crap i dont need and overcharge me?!?!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #29
Boostin on you
BANNED

Quote:
yeah everyone here has been very helpful, well mostly everyone! hehe but yeah its really cool that some people are just honest people wanting to help others! yo i still owe you and your crew lunch bro, i just need a job first haha, anywho i might be takin it to a shop today cuz it appears since its been sitting i am now leaking oil from the rear area near the passenger rear tire??? and also a small gasoline leak right next to the oil leak??? so im gonna try to drive it to a local garage and see WTF is up with this car, cuz none of this shit was leaking when i bought it!!! well thanks again to everyone you guys are awesome!! and hopefully the repairs aint more than 400 all together cuz that really all i got to my name at the moment. anyone know a good HONEST shop near rosemead that aint gonna try to sell my crap i dont need and overcharge me?!?!

we can do everything for you for cheap.
just drive the car to my garage and well jack it up and see whats wrong, or at least let us know whats wrong with it becuase mechanics charge inspection fee.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #30
MaD ViLLaiN
Leaky Injector

^^ damn i wish i had saw that sooner, i already took it to A & T on san gabriel blvd. So it was more than just the hose, the guys there claimed it was leaking from inside and that they had to take off the manifold or something to get to it, so that cost me $290 for that, i also have a very small leak on my rack and pinion joint but im not fixing that at the moment. And finaly i have a craked gas tank, theyre apparently plastic so they couldnt patch it they claim. and a new one according to them is over 700 bucks?!?! and so im getting a used one from them in good condition for 320 something??!! so im am even more broke than ever now i even had to borrow cash to make this all happen. And to top it all off im still jobless!!! grrrrr this is depressing im a army vet with great computer skills and an awesome resume and cant even get a job at a movie theater cuz this economy crap is going on no one wants to hire anybody. well thats my sob story anywho thanks anyways boostin ill know better next time to hit you up in the future before i go get raped in the ass again for maintenance. oh well. Anyone know of a place hiring in the rosemead area?