Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
boostintt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
boostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
5 lug conversion ?'s

so im doing a 5 lug conv on my 98 kouki. front are easy..

now on the rear....

whats easier.

-take the rear spindle off and then replace the hubs?

or

-take the axles off, leave spindles on and replace hubs?

im sure its easier to just take off the axles, just wanna make sure this is the right way. i took a peak today and i'll b getting to it tomorrow.
boostintt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
when we did mine we disconnected the RUCA, toe rod, and axle so we could tilt the spindle enough to get an impact driver back there to get the bolts. then we used an air hammer to slowly work the hubs out.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Pank
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. search.
2. search
3. a hot dog
4. search

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
boostintt
Leaky Injector

boostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choicesboostintt has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
when we did mine we disconnected the RUCA, toe rod, and axle so we could tilt the spindle enough to get an impact driver back there to get the bolts. then we used an air hammer to slowly work the hubs out.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank View Post
1. search.
2. search
3. a hot dog
4. search
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
THEMkris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
THEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
do you really need an impact gun to do the job? i mean a breaker bar is sufficient enough.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
boostintt
Leaky Injector

what other front hubs will work on my 98 kouki?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
any s14 SE hub should work
blackrms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
boostintt
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrms13 View Post
any s14 SE hub should work
how about from any other car model?? any of the infinitis? any other nissan?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
blackrms13
Post Whore!

blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
rear Z32 NA hubs
Old 10-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrms13 View Post
rear Z32 NA hubs
What are you talking about? Rear hubs will not work on the front of his S14. The only ones that will work are S14 hubs or aftermarket conversion hubs. That's it.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
blackrms13
Post Whore!

oh i was saying rear z32 na hubs work on the rear

front just get oem s14 hubs
Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
boostintt
Leaky Injector

will oem 5lug rear s14 rotors work with the rear 300zx hubs?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #13
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostintt View Post
will oem 5lug rear s14 rotors work with the rear 300zx hubs?
If the hubs are the same (which they are, you know that from this thread), how would the rotors not work?

Think about it.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #14
Touge180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
Touge180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If you need S14 front 5 lug hubs/spindle let me know I just got a set!
Touge180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #15
mikeyyy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
will the front hubs from a z32 bolt right onto a s14 with no problem? Also, does it matter if the z32 is a turbo or not for the front?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
THEMkris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
THEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura aboutTHEMkris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
no. only s14 fronts or aftermarket hubs only work for the front
Old 10-21-2008, 04:33 AM   #17
apex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
apex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEMkris View Post
do you really need an impact gun to do the job? i mean a breaker bar is sufficient enough.
dont forget the PB blaster
Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
mikeyyy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anybody have any good reviews on aftermarket hubs they have used for the conversion? i have done some research and havent been able to find anything that i think is reputable. Also, when converting from 4-5lug, are the calipers interchangeable? i know you'll have to change out the rotors for sure, but ive heard of people using the same calipers. Just want to confirm since i myself am going 5-lug next week.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #19
apex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
apex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyy View Post
anybody have any good reviews on aftermarket hubs they have used for the conversion? i have done some research and havent been able to find anything that i think is reputable. Also, when converting from 4-5lug, are the calipers interchangeable? i know you'll have to change out the rotors for sure, but ive heard of people using the same calipers. Just want to confirm since i myself am going 5-lug next week.
s13
Ichiba bearings go out i had mine for 9 months now and need new bearings already
but can get new ones for 60bux

yea u can use same calipers u can use the same rotors to if u redrill them to
5lug if its s13 just but se s14 rotors same size if u dont redrill ur old ones
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #20
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
The easiest way to do it is

Take off wheels

Disconnect brakes (Use transmission if you need to stop the rotating assembly)

Rotate axles to get to the 4 bolts in the spindle that hold the hub in place

Get all four bolts out

Hit hub on top and bottom with a BFH til the hub is loose

Replace old 4 lug hub with 5 lug hub

Reinstall in reverse order.

I've done it so many times I can do the rears by myself in like 20 minutes.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #21
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Baron Fel is making a name for him/her selfBaron Fel is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone know the torque spec for the nut that attaches the hub to the spindle for the front?

now accepting funds for the LS1 swap!
Baron Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #22
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyy View Post
will the front hubs from a z32 bolt right onto a s14 with no problem? Also, does it matter if the z32 is a turbo or not for the front?
Did you not read what I posted already in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlush View Post
The only ones that will work are S14 hubs or aftermarket conversion hubs. That's it.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote