Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
gthbryce

Trader Rating: (0)
gthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with removal of fanclutch and waterpump pulley

Ka24de stock.. I need to replace the water pump because bearings are goign out. I have remove everything in the way to get access to it. THe fan clutch is still on the water pump I assume i remove that first? How do I go about doing that?

Last edited by gthbryce; 06-19-2008 at 08:54 PM..
gthbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Four 10mm bolts on the fan, four 10mm nuts holding the clutch and pulley on.

also you should loosen the belt tensioner, i think it's on the Power steering pump.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
gthbryce

gthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymore
How do i move the belt tentioner

I lossened the bolt on the tentioner which is on the power steering but which way and how do i move the thing...It seems like its never been moved so it very well may possibly be caked on. please help
Old 06-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
Bboy/dorikun88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
Bboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the roughBboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the roughBboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the roughBboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the roughBboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the roughBboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the roughBboy/dorikun88 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bboy/dorikun88
yeah i did a water pump replacement couple months back on my car and the tensioner didn't move either all i did was make shure the bolt was loose and hit the tensioner bolt down with the end of the hammer and it went down dont kno if thats any help but here ya go.
Bboy/dorikun88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:20 AM   #5
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
smack it..... so it gets loose... after loosening... then unbolt the clutch fan...... replace the belt.... also... if it looks old while ur at it...
Old 06-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthbryce View Post
I lossened the bolt on the tentioner which is on the power steering but which way and how do i move the thing...It seems like its never been moved so it very well may possibly be caked on. please help

There are two things you have to loosen on the PS to move it (easily)
1) the lower nut for the tensioner
2) upper pivot bolt. Its behind the pully, spin the pully and look through the holes on the pully and you will see it, just loosen it and you should be able to push the PS pump down.

as everyone said before for the fan

1)grab 10mm wrench
2) remove all 4 nuts from WP
3) smack the crap out of it 180* apart simulaniosuly
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
gthbryce

*Progress Update* Please Help

After took the fan off I'm left with the fan clutch, waterpump pulley and waterpump still on the car. I have been trying to remove four nuts from behind the clutch but whenever I turn it, it turns the pulley with it; I even tightened the belt. I have gotten two nuts off so far, that was by using an ajustable wrench and a 10mm wrench. The adjustable wrench keeps slipping and I have two bolts to go. I'm assuming I need to purchase another 10mm to hold one nut to stop the pulley from moving while I loosen the nut with the other. But what happens when there is only oen nut left? How am I supposed to stop the pulley from moving when I try to loosen the last nut? ... Am I doing this all wrong? Btw it seems like this fan pulley has not been removed for a very long time and I have sprayed tons of PB bolt lossener on all the nuts. I need to get the clutch and pully off so I can get the water pump off and get the new one I purchased on A.S.A.P. Please help!

Last edited by gthbryce; 06-19-2008 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Errors
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
MangoDorifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
MangoDorifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The trick is to take the fan and clutch assembly off together as one young grasshoppa. Take a prybar (or screwdriver) and wedge it between the stud and pulley, opposite of the nut your trying to take off. hold the pulley in place with the prybar in one hand and break the nut loose with your free hand.work smarter not harder
MangoDorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
gthbryce

Thanks

Haven't tried this yet but hopefully it works