Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Saviorsoul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Saviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-knownSaviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-knownSaviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-knownSaviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Walbro Fuel Pump

So I was talking to my friend about getting a Walbro fuel pump and upgrading my injectors, but he says no matter what if I'm not running boosted, I'm gonna run a little lean, and being how gas prices are I don't want to "WASTE" my gas... I have MSD Blast Coil to ignite a lil more fuel, think I really will run lean or does my friend just think he knows to much? lol (Though I give it to him, he is USUALLY right)
Saviorsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There is ZERO reason to buy an upgraded fuel pump, nor injectors. Your car won't run leaner because of those upgrades.

The fuel pump will be useless because your fuel pressure regulator will still only allow a certain amount of fuel to get past based on how much you need.

Only thing that will happen is the upgraded fuel pump will accelerate the chances of your fuel pressure regulator failing.

Zero reason to buy bigger injectors. Your car isn't asking for more fuel than your stock injectors can provide.

Not to mention your ecu isn't programmed for larger injectors.

So pretty much, don't buy either unless you are running some sort of forced induction/injection system.

It's a huge waste of time/money which will only give you problems if you try to put that on your na.

So your friend is on the right track telling you not to do it.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
Saviorsoul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Saviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-knownSaviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-knownSaviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-knownSaviorsoul is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good points.. Thanks
Saviorsoul is offline   Reply With Quote