Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-30-2002, 08:23 PM   #1
stil bil
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
stil bil is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey do you guys think that a supra side mount will work well with my t3 setup???

also for piping

did the S14 Silvias have a sidemount intercooler?? if so where was it mounted(yeah side i know)

if all is true do you think that the silvia piping and a supra side mound will work good, because sleeper look is nice, and i wont have the 700-800 to spend on the fmic at the time i get it all put on...

thanks guys
Old 10-30-2002, 08:34 PM   #2
240racer
Zilvia Junkie

240racer is an unknown quantity at this point
the MKIV intercooler is nice.  The MKIII intercooler is crap, just wanted to clear that up, since I didn't know which one you were talking about
My friend made custom tanks to put a MKIV side mount where the stock side mount is on 2g DSM.  it worked pretty well, I saw it in person a couple weeks ago.  It's a nice intercooler, but I don't think you will be able to use the stock tanks, it's a custom fitment issue.  You could try a DSM sidemount, it's better then nothing and you can pick them up on ebay for $50-$100 or so.  The should work okay.  The difference is they are mounted on te passenger side, instead of the drivers, but shouldn't be much of a big deal.

'88 Celica All-Trac turbo
stock, but no more ecu codes!!
240racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:07 PM   #3
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Yea... MK III intercoolers are big, heaping, steaming piles of horse shit.  They are 60% efficient at 60mph (80% is bad, like 1g eclipse ICs, and new spearco are 98-99%), and worst of all, they have a 3psi pressure drop across the IC at ONLY 7PSI!  Spearco cores have a .3psi drop at a much higher psi.  
MKIII = Shit.
-Jeff
Old 10-31-2002, 09:15 AM   #4
stil bil
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys, so jeff do you think it would work well with the T3 on the KA?? (either ic 1gdsm or mkiv supra)

also what about the sr piping would i be able to use it?
Old 10-31-2002, 02:17 PM   #5
240racer
Zilvia Junkie

240racer is an unknown quantity at this point
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do you think it would work well with the T3 on the KA?? </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

this isn't really the question you want to be asking. &nbsp;No intercooler (just intake piping) can work fine with any turbo and any engine. &nbsp;It's not a compatability issue. &nbsp;It's a performace and effieciency issue. &nbsp;A larger intercooler is almost always better. &nbsp;However, if it's too big then you loose throttle response. &nbsp;Either way and reasonable sized intercooler should work fine in any configuration you will see in a 240. &nbsp;

you should be able to use most of the sr pipes, but the intercooler interface will probably have to be custom

'88 Celica All-Trac turbo
stock, but no more ecu codes!!
240racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
stil bil
Zilvia Junkie

alright, thanks for clearing that up 240racer!!