Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Industry Drift Day #4 - El Toro AFB (Socal) : Come Drift With The People You Lowball!

Industry Drift Day vol. 4
When: December 1, 2007
Where: El Toro (Irvine, CA - just off the 5 fwy and Sand Canyon)
Drivers: 50 max
Cost: $115.00

Course Lay Out:

Skid Pad:
Donut
Figure 8
Manji or J-Turn
*JUST ADDED* AUTOCROSS

Section 1 & 2:
The air field strip at El Toro is narrow allowing sweepers and switch backs. Section 1 & 2 will most likely be 2 and/or 3 gear courses.

Additional Information:
* Lunch and drinks will be provided for drivers.
* Drivers will be allowed 2 pit passes all others visitors will have to pay a fee to get in.
* Please let visitors know to be aware not to park in other people's pit area.
* This is a private event.
* Standard rules from prior events will apply.

For those who aren't aware where El Toro is, or how close it is for us Socal folk, google map:

14972 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618-2100, USA

To register, please visit the Industry Day site:

http://www.industryday.org/index.php...emart&Itemid=1

Or if you are having trouble or just want to do it faster, just paypal:

Include the following info when registering:

Full Name:
Car (Make / Model):
Tire Brand:
Skill Level:
Referred by: A Spec

Send $115 via confirmed paypal to [email protected]

When it asks you what company you are with, type "A Spec Referral" because this event is typically only open to those in the aftermarket industry

This is a great chance to rub shoulders with both manufacturers and shops, and maybe develop relationships that would be beneficial in the future!

Any questions or issues feel free to contact me.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
damit, its on the 1st? I gotta go to WSIR on 2nd

Not enuff tires.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hmmm.....might do this. just need to make sure my motor survives this weekends event.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection

Do what you guys gotta do to make it!

Nah, I know things come up, but El Toro is such an easy venue, just cause its literally just a drive into OC, rather than trekking up the 14 to WSIR

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i need to move to socal...... damn
Old 11-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
i might do this shit if I cant make the 17th.

I want to blow up some tires with my retared torque curve.

Its not going to be a total cluster fuck like GymKhana will it?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
SICK IM THERE!!! I hope!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
titoray

Trader Rating: (0)
titoray is making a name for him/her selftitoray is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SICK EVENT!
I wish!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
is it 50 peeps total or 50 drift & 50 grip? either way i'll join on friday!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
i might do this shit if I cant make the 17th.

I want to blow up some tires with my retared torque curve.

Its not going to be a total cluster fuck like GymKhana will it?
Yeah I was planning on doing the 17th DD but I couldn't make it as well

Gymkhana was a different situation, mainly because a gymkhana course took longer to run through, and there were a lot more drivers

But like any other race event / drift day, by signing up you gotta suck it up and deal with whatever happens that day, I can't guarantee how much driving time, etc you will get

This event should be the same as any other Drift Association day, in regards to run time/setup/layout

If anything, with that autocross setup, it might pull some drivers off the drift course, which might equate to more drift time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismornr View Post
is it 50 peeps total or 50 drift & 50 grip? either way i'll join on friday!
No, 50 drivers TOTAL

I'm not sure how big the autocross course will be at the moment, so those who are going for pure autocross might want to wait until the layout is posted

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
nice! i might go and film or see if this guys wanna do this. I might take the ferio for autox.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
whats the deal with tandem?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #13
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
whats the deal with tandem?
I'd say nay on the tandem

I don't think I've heard of tandem being allowed by Drift Day for a while, at least at the El Toro location

I'll find out

I want a smoothie

Talk to cha boy get me one

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 11-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #14
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
Why cant Ohio be next to Cali? i hate winter... Maybe during the summer ill bring the crew out.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #15
bRUt@L`S13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
bRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
its at a airforce base?

thats sick... spectators?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bRUt@L`S13 View Post
its at a airforce base?

thats sick... spectators?
Talk to "steve shadows" he is an expert on this

Yes, spectators, I think usually its like $5 or $10 to watch (for parking), so you could stuff a car or carpool with a friend driving the event

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP

Last edited by A Spec Products; 11-14-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #17
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
See you there brah! El toro is a ton of fun!!! I jus hate them cones!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 AM   #18
Skullavera
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Skullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Skullavera
Hmmmm....I may go to this one.

Reviews/Feedback!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #19
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanS14 View Post
Haha, that is your "beater" car anyway

Cones smones!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #20
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
Additional Information:
* Lunch and drinks will be provided for drivers.
* Drivers will be allowed 2 pit passes all others visitors will have to pay a fee to get in. And that fee is ????
* Please let visitors know to be aware not to park in other people's pit area.
* This is a private event.
* Standard rules from prior events will apply.

.................................................. .........
Old 11-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
.................................................. .........
Were you wondering about the fee? It's prob the same as regular drift days, gymkhana too I think held @ El Toro Base...

Quote:
Yes, spectators, I think usually its like $5 or $10 to watch (for parking), so you could stuff a car or carpool with a friend driving the event
Any new info on the size of the autox course & expected # of runs if I only did autox?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #22
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx View Post
Any new info on the size of the autox course & expected # of runs if I only did autox?
was wondering the same thing... any news on the autocross? whats the rules for the autocross as well?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #23
steve shadows
Post Whore!

I dont like baiting and switching.

it rings of shitty gymkhana day and putting up with event officials who ran the gamet like they were fired police man working as secuirity witha chip on their shoulders.

be up front in the OP

what is the cost for spectators?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #24
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
I dont like baiting and switching.

it rings of shitty gymkhana day and putting up with event officials who ran the gamet like they were fired police man working as secuirity witha chip on their shoulders.

be up front in the OP

what is the cost for spectators?
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...6&postcount=16

Post #16

I forget, but I believe they charge per vehicle that enters (as a spectator)

Should be like $5 or $10 bucks

If you are driving you dont pay that fee obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx View Post

I'm currently finding out more info on this

I talked to the organizer, he said they are having a meeting tonight about the auto-x

So once I get the info I will post it

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP

Last edited by A Spec Products; 11-13-2007 at 05:32 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #25
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukikat180sx
*** UPDATE!!! ***

We are changing things up and adding something new! We will still have our drift section, but for all of you "non-drifters" we will have an "Industry Day's Free For All" course. (Similar to an autox course). To register for this its $75. We are limiting it to 28 drivers. Keep in mind that a usual autox will cost around $60-75 and you will have to work the course. You will not have to work the course. Not only that you usually only get around 12-16 runs. This event you should get 20+ runs. Bring extra tires. We will still have a section for drifting which costs $115 (limited to 40 entries). If you pay $115 you will have access to both of the sections. At the end of the day we will have a little competition. (Great prizes to be announced! ) Sign up ASAP!

(BTW... i like the title of this thread. )
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #26
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
too bad my car doesnt run rite now...

but will this ever happen agen?

^^^click^^^
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #27
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo2o View Post
too bad my car doesnt run rite now...

but will this ever happen agen?
Thanks Kat for clearing up the details!

Events like this happening again depend on the support that is given

i.e if you want to see more events like this, come out and run them!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 AM   #28
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
CAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CAPTAINNEO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanS14 View Post
yo. it's scott.
time to change your screename fool.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #29
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...6&postcount=16

Post #16

I forget, but I believe they charge per vehicle that enters (as a spectator)

Should be like $5 or $10 bucks
I dont want "or"

i want a definitive price.

this is bullshit

also

you all drive me up the fucking creek when you call it an AF base.

It was never an army base, nor army air corps base, nor Air Force base EVER

it was however NAVY way way way back when tustin was used to house Air Ships and then Marines, known as El Toro Marine Corps Air Station.

NOT Air FORCE

it has always been marines, never AF
Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #30
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Cool, sounds like the autox will be fun.

A few follow up questions -

1) What is the approx length of the course - i.e. either in terms of miles or expected lap times (40 seconds, 60 seconds, etc)

2) Is timing going to be done/calculated/displayed real-time, i.e. you know how fast you went immediately after you run? Or will it be not available or you have to ask someone for your time?