Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
vbl
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
vbl can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Q: Gap Spark Plug

Hi everyone, this is my setup: GT2871R .64 Turbo, 780cc Injectors, Greddy Manifold, HKS Fuel RAil, Fuel Pressure REgulator. U guy know what gap i should gap for my NGK spark plug, thanks.
vbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
s13rookie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
s13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13rookie
What motor?

Is your ignition system stock? Most people i think run a close to stock gap-maybe a bit smaller, but go with a diff heat range plug
Old 09-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #3
vbl
BANNED

motor: SR20DET Redtop
Old 09-07-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yeah run bkr7e at leat
gaping
i think .028 is what mine are at.

.028 or .28 whatever it is
i think its .028 - .030 is fine
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ I love how Aaron posts up like he doesn't really know lol, like maybe he's never changed plugs. HAhaHA.

Anyhow, your gap should be determined by the heat range of your plugs and the boost pressure - more pressure = more risk of detonation = smaller gap, but that makes for a less powerful spark. Long story short, run 28 thousanths (.028").

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #6
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Haha

Just bought my gaping round coin tool thing yesterday.

Just happened to see it at Kragens and remembered I bought a set of SP from Justin.

Yeah the gap is 0.028 from what Justin told me when I bought them.

I hope he's right.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
no i change my plugs every two events. not because i have to, but car runs so nice w/ new plugs and so smoooooth. its probably overkill and uncessssary but i do the same w/ the oil. doesnt hurt and cos is maybe 50 bucks for everything. no biggie.

i only have the one measuring guy because i threw the rest away. so it must be the .028
haha
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
vbl
BANNED

so if i boost around 16-18PSI, then do i have to use the heat range spark plugs or i can gap different size instead .028.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Is it O.K. to go any lower than .28? Ive heard some people suggest .23.