Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
HKS hi powerr or Greddy racing TI C?

who's running HKS hi power or the Greddy TI C , just like to know how do u like it? kinda tend to go for the HKS Hi power so far.
asking this question cause im getting it next week
thanks
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
drftrps13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
drftrps13 is making a name for him/her selfdrftrps13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
got hks, its great but running na and im losing some back pressure but its ok. but i love hks. hks ftw
drftrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
BattleRoyale
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BattleRoyale is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i got the hks like it a lot a little loud, i would get the greddy, comes witha silencer i think
BattleRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
lazierhobo
Zilvia Member

lazierhobo is on the path to ruinlazierhobo is on the path to ruin
ive got the hks, its not too loud. i have no interior and no sound deadening and when your rockin on the highway it really isnt too loud, but when you romp on it its got some nice sound.
lazierhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazierhobo View Post
ive got the hks, its not too loud. i have no interior and no sound deadening and when your rockin on the highway it really isnt too loud, but when you romp on it its got some nice sound.
u have a resonator at all? or a cat?

im running an hks hi power with no cat, no resonator its loud as a mofo

imo if you want loud, get hks, slightly more quiet down low and at idle get greddy

heres a little vid of my car idling and reving a bit, also the cams are 272s

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SdRYsa2zXaE[/ame]

Last edited by sr20boostn20; 09-06-2007 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: added vid link
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
91rps13
Zilvia Member

91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice91rps13 is just really nice
hks doesnt sound that loud.. it has a nice deep (raspy) sound to it.. i really like the fact that its not annoying...

i run it with a test pipe btw...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #7
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20boostn20 View Post

imo if you want loud, get hks, slightly more quiet down low and at idle get greddy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SdRYsa2zXaE
If i get the HKS im leaving the resonator and no cat here in FL . i think that was kinda loud but sounded good. i like to be kinda like wrx's STI sound
and other thing , how big is the resonator on the HKS ? it looks kinda big on the pic and car is low . one of the thing i like on the greddy is that the resonator is smaller . BTW i saw a 350z with the greddy TI C sounded very very nice
things i like about the HKS = 85mm tip compare to 80 on the greddy . i want a biggg tip . supra look and angle it look, price is about same .the HKS is 500 free shipping here http://www.hopupracing.com/hkshiex2495.html and greddy is 509+16 free shipping also http://www.hopupracing.com/grratiexni24.html
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #8
HWYKING
Nissanaholic!

HWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to HWYKING
both are real nice, i installed the greddy ti-c on my cousins 240 this weekend. its a real nice piece. nice deep tone at idle, and throaty at full throttle. full 80mm piping with no taper, and doesnt sit too low. those with the HKS know what im talking about, the resonator scratches everywhere. this greddy piece is a lil more higher. i have pics i can email if you want.
HWYKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #9
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
roidmonkey what do you have an sr?

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
lazierhobo
Zilvia Member

lazierhobo is on the path to ruinlazierhobo is on the path to ruin
im running with a test pipe and resonator. i really dont think its too loud. i have a friend running it without the resonator, and it is a good deal louder. he kept trying to get me to trade. yeah the back of mine does hit the ground every so often, but show me one lowered car with an after market exhaust that doesn't ever hit its kinda the cost of lowering a car.
lazierhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
I have a HKS Hi-Power Turbo exhaust on my S14 with Redtop SR. I like it alot. The sound is phenominal, and it looks great. However i have 2 gripes, which may not matter to some people.

1. The piping isnt full stainless like the Ti-C, but to me, it's not that big of a deal.

2. The rear flange is a huge 4 bolt flange and hangs down pretty low right next to the diff. I scrape occasionally on it, but i am pretty low.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #12
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYKING View Post
both are real nice, i installed the greddy ti-c on my cousins 240 this weekend. its a real nice piece. nice deep tone at idle, and throaty at full throttle. full 80mm piping with no taper, and doesnt sit too low. those with the HKS know what im talking about, the resonator scratches everywhere. this greddy piece is a lil more higher. i have pics i can email if you want.
sent u a PM with email , thanks
would like to see that pic
MavericStephenc
im buying parts for now. the engine is coming next week . so far i have a power FC, nismo 740cc inj, HDI boostcont, GT25 (mystery) to play for a bit untill i get a gt2871r, BOV,FMIC, going to get HKS step 1 cams
Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #13
HWYKING
Nissanaholic!

HWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfectionHWYKING is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
sent u a PM with email , thanks
would like to see that pic
pics sent bro. let me know what you think. i was very impressed by the quality and sound. my cousins swap will be completed in oct. so we'll see how is sounds on the sr then.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #14
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
imo cause i run an sr also, get a full apexi gtspec system from the dp out, thats what i have

1. full stainless
2.awesome flow
3. no weird flanges
4. I also run a test pipe, and its not loud until you really get on it

,nuff said

edit:we also have similar mods

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
pics sent bro. let me know what you think. i was very impressed by the quality and sound. my cousins swap will be completed in oct. so we'll see how is sounds on the sr then.
Thanks for the pics . to be honest i think it looks better than the HKS for sure . and that was what i needed to see . im sold with the greddy
Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #16
BattleRoyale
Leaky Injector

BattleRoyale is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20boostn20 View Post

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SdRYsa2zXaE
had a test pipe for a while was hella loud, put the cat back on and it quieted down a little bit.

i would get one with a silencer so the cops won't mess with you to much

but N1 canister style exhausts get a lot of unwanted attention

if i had a chance to choose again i would get an rsr ex mag oe looking with flat black canister
BattleRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #17
HWYKING
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRoyale View Post
had a test pipe for a while was hella loud, put the cat back on and it quieted down a little bit.

i would get one with a silencer so the cops won't mess with you to much

but N1 canister style exhausts get a lot of unwanted attention

if i had a chance to choose again i would get an rsr ex mag oe looking with flat black canister
you are going to get attention regardless what kind of exhaust you are running. so might as well put an exhaust on that you want. as long as you dont drive like an assclown and attract the attention you should be fine.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #18
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
HKS Hi-Power FTW Ive had several exhausts. and my HKS just takes the win. I was gonna sell it a few times, but i just cud never justify selling that sweet Exhaust.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #19
MomentumGT
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
you are going to get attention regardless what kind of exhaust you are running. so might as well put an exhaust on that you want. as long as you dont drive like an assclown and attract the attention you should be fine.
I'll second that! Got my car in 99' , swapped in 00' and have only been pulled over once for a broken tail light. Both exhausts are really nice, but the Hi-Power is a heavy unit almost rivaling the Apexi GTSpec. I'd go with the Ti-C just because its lighter and full stainless.

-Jon

momentumgt.com - "building blocks of speed"
MomentumGT is offline   Reply With Quote