Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
x'ed
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
x'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Call me the GODofSpeed

Not really, but I saw a couple of discussions about the Godspeed stuff last week, anti- sway bars and what not. I called the number of the place listed on the ebay ad and low and behold they were located about 15 minutes from my house, and conveinently on my way home from work. Stopped by today and picked up all the parts you see below for 300 dollars, tax free.

The guys who run the shops have some really sweet cars, a nice s13, two really nice 350z's, and on insanely nice nsx. I was going to take a picture of their rides, but Im not that much of a tool. I think the name of the company was like bigfat head performance or some crap, I forgot. Ill post a link to the ebay ad along with some pictures of what I got. The parts are going on this weeked (yay! for the three day weekend) and I will take pictures of the install and let you know how the parts perform on the street and track, (track not for 5-6 months). All I need now is a new t28, brakes, and coilovers and Im ready to race.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-94...spagenameZWDVW

The parts look and feel really sold, the paint sucks, but who cares about that. Really no complaints thus far.

Here are the pics of what I got. Sorry I used my pool table as a background, didn't really make the best background.

*edit* having trouble uploading photos, give me a minute.

*fixed*

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like a good deal. I just hope it lasts for acouple of years.
One thing that turned me away from their swaybars was the fact that the bends were not mandrel. Maybe I am being anal.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Looks pretty nice... I've only recently been hearing about godspeed stuff. I'm thinking im going to get some strut bars from them... Or should i get something else? idk depends on how broke i am when i decide to buy a set...

I like the table cover btw... I'd get one of those for my billiard room / the other side of the house that we dont use.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
That's funny that their ebay shop name is Kami Speedo

LOL

There is a shop out in the east coast is Kami Speed

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
looks solid, but it'd be cool if they were all one color, ya know? lol

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I think in that price range you really have no room to complain about color.

But yeah I know what you mean.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
kikoeltravieso
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kikoeltravieso is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
what about their FMIC? Has anybody used one? good deal on suspension parts.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #8
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i am rocking one of there small FMICs. seems to work fine,stealth powder coat black, it has taken a beating and hasn't sprung a leak. no dyno results so i can't put numbers to it vs factory rated numbers.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #9
240on430
Zilvia Member

240on430 has a little shameless behavior in the past
how much did the tension rods come out to?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #10
kikoeltravieso
Zilvia Member

kikoeltravieso is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
i am rocking one of there small FMICs. seems to work fine,stealth powder coat black, it has taken a beating and hasn't sprung a leak. no dyno results so i can't put numbers to it vs factory rated numbers.

how long have you had ur FMIC?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Cast rod ends, inferior brackets, thinner shanks.

That's why they're cheaper.

Run off the track then try to come back on... we need some stress testing.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
x'ed
Zilvia Member

x'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymorex'ed is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Cast rod ends, inferior brackets, thinner shanks.

That's why they're cheaper.

Run off the track then try to come back on... we need some stress testing.
Wow, o much hating in one short post from a person who has no experiencec and has never even seen these parts in person before. We will see, what makes the brackets "inferior"? you haven't even seen em im person man. The importance of these type of parts pales in comparisson to coilovers, and I am getting some stance's in a couple of weeks. But I'll be on the track within the next three months, I am getting a turbo rebuild kit from the same guys for 40 bucks. I still need to upgrade my brakes though, and refuse to go five lug, so I will be getting that 4 lug brake kit thats floating around the web.

p.s., I will be getting some poly bushings.

p.s. part two, I speak for those who aren't loaded, bought cheap cars to race, and try and have fun on the track with a limited budget. yay for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 PM   #13
x'ed
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240on430 View Post
how much did the tension rods come out to?
I have no idea, but the whole package was only 300 bucks, but they list the tension rods at 120. Godspeeds website lists the sway bars at like 280 bucks for front and back, this company sells them for 200 I think, so it's obviously a great deal. In my opinion, sways are basically sway, especially when these ones are thicker than most. Apart from not being adjustable (how many people actually have the suspension tuning knowledge or enough track prep time to actually ajust sways, maybe five percen of guys who take their 240's to the track actually adjust them in some significantly beneficial way) I bet they perform at least 90% as well as the highest priced sways. Its just f'in metal man.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #14
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I'm glad you got a great deal, I'm definitely interested to see how they hold up. The things that KADE posted about are all good concerns - those things, plus customer service/warranties, are why most of us shell out the big bucks for BV/SPL/Footwerks/Peak/etc.

About your brakes - do what the rest of us do... get the brakes you want, and re-drill to 4lug. Don't go with inferior setups just because they offer 4lug rotors.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #15
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
I dont want to start another flame war on this situation, but I think I can be safe in saying that out of all of you, 80% of you guys would never push your car often enough to really tell the difference in the high quality parts and the low quality parts. These parts are upgrades from factory, and I highly doubt that by taking them out as a weekend warrior you are going to break them as often as people are making it out to be. I am sure that the stress loads that these parts can handle are alot better than stock, and for the price, the added features of the product out weighs the concern that they may break at an earlier date than the more expensive setup, especially if you dont take your car to a race track every day/week like professionals do.

*edit* Something I am interested in though, is their intercoolers. What is the fitment like on their big one? I plan on running a large turbo setup, and just wanted to know if anyone else has fitted these to their cars, as well as what issues they had. If anyone has any insight please let me know. */edit*
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
chances of shit breaking daily driving on a shitty roads are greater than driving hard on a smooth track and going off road once in a while.

But I've seen busted RUCAs for no apparent reason - guy wasn't going off track or anything - just broke - rust inside and the metal it was made out of was way too thin. I think he even posted them on here.

Go for a deal man - yay for you.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #17
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
take some pictures of the joint of the tension rod
Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #18
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Well I understand shitty roads put a shock stress on parts of course, but I am making an assumption that these parts are indeed better than what you were playing with from the factory. If you managed to go this far on stock parts without detrimental failure, I doubt upgrading can be worse.

Of course, there are instances where the stock part is better to keep (I.e softer bushings to help absorb impurities in the road), but as far as brackets go, I doubt you are going to have a problem.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by x'ed View Post
Wow, o much hating in one short post from a person who has no experiencec and has never even seen these parts in person before. We will see, what makes the brackets "inferior"? you haven't even seen em im person man. The importance of these type of parts pales in comparisson to coilovers, and I am getting some stance's in a couple of weeks. But I'll be on the track within the next three months, I am getting a turbo rebuild kit from the same guys for 40 bucks. I still need to upgrade my brakes though, and refuse to go five lug, so I will be getting that 4 lug brake kit thats floating around the web.

p.s., I will be getting some poly bushings.

p.s. part two, I speak for those who aren't loaded, bought cheap cars to race, and try and have fun on the track with a limited budget. yay for me.
I'm not loaded but I believed that nothing was more important than the car. The car was priority number one and all spending that was not related to making the car handle or stop better was suspended.

I don't need to see the parts in person. I've seen and handled superior parts in person and can make the comparison just by looking at pictures. The bracket material is thinner, the welds are worse, and you can just tell the rod ends by the price. Good rod ends are not cheap.

I dislike because if a camber arm fails, you all of a sudden have a wheel in the wheel well and your ass on the ground. If a tension rod fails, you have a slew in that direction. You may be on the track at the same time as me, and you may hit me. That is a very serious problem to me.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #20
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
progress sway bars would probably only be a little bit more and give you solid endlinks as well, which are a huge improvement over the stock endlinks

you were cheap and bought cheap shit thats prolly cheap quality why fight it, just admit it
the thread title was gay enough already
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #21
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
Well I understand shitty roads put a shock stress on parts of course, but I am making an assumption that these parts are indeed better than what you were playing with from the factory. If you managed to go this far on stock parts without detrimental failure, I doubt upgrading can be worse.
You think that these parts are better why?
Because advertising says so?
Manf have strict regulations that they have to pass, if part fails they're liable for it or do a recall.
An aftermarket part manf puts a sticker on the box that says "for off-road use only" and if you happen to kill 144 people, you're the one guilty not them.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #22
x'ed
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
progress sway bars would probably only be a little bit more and give you solid endlinks as well, which are a huge improvement over the stock endlinks

you were cheap and bought cheap shit thats prolly cheap quality why fight it, just admit it
the thread title was gay enough already
you always have some shit to talk, you should really try and be happier with your life bro, seriously, most of the things I see you post here are negative.

And to the guy above you, if you think you can tell the superiority or inferiority of parts through blurry pictures taken by a shitty camera, your opinion doesn't mean much to me. I don't think any engineer would make a claim that they could tell how good something was or not soley based on a picture.

Look, I know they are probably somewhat cheaper quality (even though, to me, metal is still metal, especially when you feel these pieces, they are very solid) but the fact is these parts will make a minimal positive change in the handling ability of a car compared to coilovers. If you spend a shit load of money on the rods, I think thats a waste of money, unless you are running some hardcore endurance races, not 4-8 laps at a time.

What kind of track racing do you do Ka24des guy? Yyou come across as a serious professional racer and engineer, I dont plan on going pro with my 18 year old car any time soon.

p.s., still have the vlsd for sale?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #23
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
if you admit that you're not going pro and you're not taht serious about driving fast, then why not just admit you got c heap shit and you're justifying your purchase

sheesh

ka24desssthreeone commenting on the quality of your parts based on your picture is no more ludicrous than you judging the quality of metal be "feel"

unless u got some x-ray vision and shit
Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #24
x'ed
Zilvia Member

[quote=OptionZero;1525773]if you admit that you're not going pro and you're not taht serious about driving fast, then why not just admit you got c heap shit and you're justifying your purchase

sheesh

ka24desssthreeone commenting on the quality of your parts based on your picture is no more ludicrous than you judging the quality of metal be "feel"

unless u got some x-ray vision and shit[/quote

Im do admit its cheap, I just don't believe that there is a huge variation in actual track performance between my parts and *superior* parts that the KA guy was talking about. I am serious about going fast, which is why I am getting stance coilovers, have an sr20det, and am upgrading my brakes. I just know I am not going pro, if you are over 20 and aren't in any sort of fully sponsered race car, chances are your not going pro, I can live with that. Im just looking to build a good car that will do well in hpde and prepare me to race when I graduate law school and have the funds to support real wheel to wheel racing.

Fact is, the single most important part in braking well and turning well is race rubber, and thats very expensive stuff, not some metal parts that help reduce body roll. Anti-sways just aren't that important man, not enough to justify dropping huge money in to, thats just my opinion. Sways will improve the feel of a car, steering response, but aren't going to make a HUGE difference with you cars actual ability to grip.

So in short, the parts were cheap, I don't know how they perform, I will be able to tell you soon. People on NICO forums have had alot of success on the track with these anti-sways (read-no broken parts), that was enough justification for me to get this. But don't say I am not serious about going fast, I just happen to be 24, carrying a mortgage, paying for three cars and in law school. Seems like guys that rock KA's always get all bent out of shape when it comes to suspension parts.

P.S., I will be putting at least the anti-sways on tonight, I wish you hater guys could come see these parts, they feel very substantial. Trust me, I am not new to this game, my last track car was a 1979 rx7 with a second gen turbo II motor running through a wolf 3d ecu, gen 2 rx7 tranny, 85 rx7 gsl-se rear end with lsd, fully stripped, tipped the scales at 1700lbs, made 300whp. I have been handling these types of parts since I was 13 years old, used to hang out with Sonic racing crew (the first racing crew in so. cal, mostly alhambra) when I was 13. I have touched and felt these types of parts before, I am not an idiot, just new to nissan. My roomate has a 300zx tt which we just finished dropping a new motor, turbo, and tranny into last week, he sorta turned me on to the nissan thing.

Last edited by x'ed; 08-30-2007 at 04:23 PM..
Old 08-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #25
Bizzytony
Leaky Injector

Bizzytony is on the path to ruinBizzytony is on the path to ruin
one of the biggest tuners down here in hawaii used the ebay stuff for his suspension tie-rods rucs ect. he never broke one in is 440hp 2jz s14. but to each his own. i guess we'll see in the long run how it works out. x'ed lmk how it works out for you, i was thinking of getting this stuff when i am in the mainland just to regain tire life.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #26
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Mad props for reviewing these parts!

Can't wait for the reviews!!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #27
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've had my intercooler running on 5+ months now. it is beat and bent from being too low, but still holding up fine as far as is visually able to determine.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 AM   #28
t . b o z
Leaky Injector

t . b o z will become famous soon enought . b o z will become famous soon enought . b o z will become famous soon enough
You get what you pay for. Period.

I doubt those control arms would withstand my usual 70+ mph spinouts over the rumble-strips, at our track. Those rod ends are cheap as dirt... Probably not self lubricating or self cleaning...hell, probably not even sealed for that matter.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:42 AM   #29
t . b o z
Leaky Injector

t . b o z will become famous soon enought . b o z will become famous soon enought . b o z will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by x'ed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
if you admit that you're not going pro and you're not taht serious about driving fast, then why not just admit you got c heap shit and you're justifying your purchase

sheesh

unless u got some x-ray vision and shit
Im do admit its cheap, I just don't believe that there is a huge variation in actual track performance between my parts and *superior* parts that the KA guy was talking about. I am serious about going fast, which is why I am getting stance coilovers, have an sr20det, and am upgrading my brakes. I just know I am not going pro, if you are over 20 and aren't in any sort of fully sponsered race car, chances are your not going pro, I can live with that. Im just looking to build a good car that will do well in hpde and prepare me to race when I graduate law school and have the funds to support real wheel to wheel racing.

Fact is, the single most important part in braking well and turning well is race rubber, and thats very expensive stuff, not some metal parts that help reduce body roll. Anti-sways just aren't that important man, not enough to justify dropping huge money in to, thats just my opinion. Sways will improve the feel of a car, steering response, but aren't going to make a HUGE difference with you cars actual ability to grip.

So in short, the parts were cheap, I don't know how they perform, I will be able to tell you soon. People on NICO forums have had alot of success on the track with these anti-sways (read-no broken parts), that was enough justification for me to get this. But don't say I am not serious about going fast, I just happen to be 24, carrying a mortgage, paying for three cars and in law school. Seems like guys that rock KA's always get all bent out of shape when it comes to suspension parts.

P.S., I will be putting at least the anti-sways on tonight, I wish you hater guys could come see these parts, they feel very substantial. Trust me, I am not new to this game, my last track car was a 1979 rx7 with a second gen turbo II motor running through a wolf 3d ecu, gen 2 rx7 tranny, 85 rx7 gsl-se rear end with lsd, fully stripped, tipped the scales at 1700lbs, made 300whp. I have been handling these types of parts since I was 13 years old, used to hang out with Sonic racing crew (the first racing crew in so. cal, mostly alhambra) when I was 13. I have touched and felt these types of parts before, I am not an idiot, just new to nissan. My roomate has a 300zx tt which we just finished dropping a new motor, turbo, and tranny into last week, he sorta turned me on to the nissan thing.
Do you know what on Earth you are talking about?? Besides quality shocks, swaybars are one of the BEST things you can do to make a car handle better. Tires are very important as well, but you're basically trying to justify your reasoning behind buying eBay stuff. If it were up to me, I'f rock a junk-ass KA that burns 4 quarts of oil a week, than put janky parts on my car.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #30
x'ed
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t . b o z View Post
Do you know what on Earth you are talking about?? Besides quality shocks, swaybars are one of the BEST things you can do to make a car handle better. Tires are very important as well, but you're basically trying to justify your reasoning behind buying eBay stuff. If it were up to me, I'f rock a junk-ass KA that burns 4 quarts of oil a week, than put janky parts on my car.
Yeah, coming from a guy who got really excited about his headlights who drives a bone stock 240, your opinion carries the weight of a flee's left testicle. of all the parts that help you handle better, anti sways have the least amount of impact on the amount of speed you are able to take through a turn. Tell me where YOUR great knowledge comes from. My roomate who has been a mechanic for 10 years told me the things I am saying. I doubt you have that kind of resource backing your opinion. Just don't hate until you see what I can do with this car on the track.
Closed Thread