Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
ballr858
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ballr858 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sr 240sx impounded in san diego

My car was just impounded in San Diego. I was originally pulled over for not having a front license plate. I had 2 police officers circling my car for some time while another officer was writing me a ticket. I have a very noticeable front mount intercooler and it looked like they were paying special attention to it. The bad news is they impounded it for not being registered in over 6 months, and I also received a ticket for no front license plate and no proof of insurance (I had it in my room). The good news is they never popped my hood or asked about any illegal modifications. I was shocked! The officer writing me the ticket seemed pretty cool and was telling me about a car that he has that can't pass smog, so I have a feeling he knew my car was modifed and was understanding about it. So i'll be getting my car out of the impound tomorrow after I hit up the DMV and get stuff squared away. I just hope the fukkers at the tow yard aren't practicing drifting in their yard.

Anyways, just wanted to share.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
LUCKY...I got pulled over in my SR for a supposedly too loud exhaust (3 inch w/testpipe, no resonator) and the cop was pretty cool about it and let me go with a warning. Even though 2 other squad cars showed up.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
ecuastyle84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ecuastyle84
damn ballr858 that sucks...your lucky they didn't check under the hood...how long has it been since it was impounded and how much is the storage fee gonna be?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
yah you get towed for registration no matter what car you have.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
ballr858
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS13COUPE View Post
LUCKY...I got pulled over in my SR for a supposedly too loud exhaust (3 inch w/testpipe, no resonator) and the cop was pretty cool about it and let me go with a warning. Even though 2 other squad cars showed up.
My exhaust is sorta loud too but I guess not loud enough to piss them off. I have the rsr ex-mag so i guess they thought it was stock LOL. Good thing too because I have an 80mm turbo back exhaust with a test pipe.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
ballr858
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuastyle84 View Post
damn ballr858 that sucks...your lucky they didn't check under the hood...how long has it been since it was impounded and how much is the storage fee gonna be?
Yeah I am extremely lucky they didn't check under my hood. This is the first time i've been pulled over in this car since it's had an sr so I thought for sure I was doomed. It was impounded this morning after not being registered since March 2006! I just got off the phone with the towing company and if I get it out tomorrow it will be a total of $418 (what a rip!). There is a police department fee, towing fee, extra labor fee because it took like 40 minutes to get on the flatbed (lowered), storage fee, and another $68 for an additional day if I can't stop by before 9:00am. There's no way I can go to the DMV and be done by 9:00. Why does it have to be Memorial Day? If it wasn't a damn holiday i'd take care of this sh!t right now.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
ballr858
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
yah you get towed for registration no matter what car you have.
Yeah I knew I had it coming.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
spinitsidewayz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
spinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her selfspinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please don't tell me you drive around with no registration...

You sure they pulled you over for no front plate? Or was it because your tags are expired? Or because you can't have a front plate because you are driving without a front bumper...

I've been driving around with no front plate (didn't have one when i bought it) passing by a good number of cops and i haven't been pulled over yet, although now im getting a little paranoid.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
ECR33S14
Leaky Injector

ECR33S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ECR33S14
i am glad we dont have as much shit to go through with our cars over here. sucks to hear what happened though man.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
HEATHE
Leaky Injector

HEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymoreHEATHE is not welcome here anymore
they are impounding cars like they get to keep them up here in fresno in vegas they never bothered us unless they caught us racing after i moved to fresno i wanted to move right back to vegas
Old 05-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
lucky for me i traded my sr for a KA... wait... that did not sound right....
Old 05-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
Chez
Leaky Injector

Chez is making his/her stupidity well-knownChez is making his/her stupidity well-knownChez is making his/her stupidity well-known
man in the north east i could put a 302 in a festiva and the cops would prolly clear the highway for me to see how fast i could get it up to 150! lol and in cali they bust you for having a turbo on a car that in america didnt come with one but in japan it was stock. that just doesnt make sense. this is america land of the free. or so we thought....

Old 05-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
ballr858> My car was just impounded in San Diego.

- not having a front license plate
- I have a very noticeable front mount intercooler
- not being registered in over 6 months
- no proof of insurance (I had it in my anus)
- illegal modifications.

I just hope the fukkers at the tow yard aren't gang-banging my car

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiot

Serious, were you NOT expecting these things to happen to you? This is darwinism at its best. The LEAST you can do, is keep your car registered. The plate, yeah.. a lot of people dont like front plates. Intercooler, yeah.. not everyone wants to be covert, ok.. fine.. your risk. Illegal modifications, whatever.

But how fucking STUPID do you have to be to NOT have insurance with you and to keep your POS registered? Serious. They should set your car on fire, staple the registration and proof of insurance to your forehead - maybe that will help refresh your memory for future incidents.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #14
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ What he said times three.

"Hey guys, I'm the most ignorant fuck in the World for driving a car without any sort of registration or proof of insurance, hope they don't pop my hood and get me for more violations".

You deserve to lose both your license and your car for that bit of stupidity.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 05-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
ballr858> My car was just impounded in San Diego.

- not having a front license plate
- I have a very noticeable front mount intercooler
- not being registered in over 6 months
- no proof of insurance (I had it in my anus)
- illegal modifications.

I just hope the fukkers at the tow yard aren't gang-banging my car

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiot

Serious, were you NOT expecting these things to happen to you? This is darwinism at its best. The LEAST you can do, is keep your car registered. The plate, yeah.. a lot of people dont like front plates. Intercooler, yeah.. not everyone wants to be covert, ok.. fine.. your risk. Illegal modifications, whatever.

But how fucking STUPID do you have to be to NOT have insurance with you and to keep your POS registered? Serious. They should set your car on fire, staple the registration and proof of insurance to your forehead - maybe that will help refresh your memory for future incidents.
hahahaha. agree.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #16
switchflip
Leaky Injector

switchflip is making his/her stupidity well-knownswitchflip is making his/her stupidity well-knownswitchflip is making his/her stupidity well-known
800$ of crap

i think you got it easy- a few weeks ago after working all weekend then drinking on the last night i got two hours of sleep to wake up to a phone call from my friend telling me my car is on top of a tow truck.

i went out side my car was on a truck the bitch parking lady called the cops because i started pulling shit out of my car cop cam then i almost got taserd (o she towed it because it was not reg but i had tags from my old car on so i dont know why she checked plates)

i went to go find reg found out it was like 200$ then i went to get my car and the towing people said i had to get a a from from the police so i went back 115$ for that then back to get my car 150$ and when i got my car she left a 85$ ticket.

oh and thats not all when i drove home my alignment was all fucked up but i thought i went off because of the tow soo i did not drive for two weeks so i could save up to pay for all that and when i took my car to the shop turns out they hooked my car by the tie rod and bent the shit out of them.

so the next day i was gonna go get some new ones i pull out of my parking and my left tie rod snaped after 10 feet so i went back to the tow place nope they did not own up to it. o ya i had to get smoged another 150$ thats my story life sucks.

reg 200$
police from for car 110$
tow150$
ticket 85$
smog 150$
tie rods(that they broke) 40$
alignment 60$
having a taser gun pointed at you free

800$ just to get my car running on the street after a tow
Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #17
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
the guys are the tow yard is calling their buddies right now.
they are going to treat your car like a king actually queen.
here's tip go over there as soon as you can talk to someone and tip him to look after your car.
GL
Old 05-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #18
jdmspooge
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
jdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
^ What he said times three.

"Hey guys, I'm the most ignorant fuck in the World for driving a car without any sort of registration or proof of insurance, hope they don't pop my hood and get me for more violations".

Times FOUR and then some.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #19
sr20detfreak

sr20detfreak is an unknown quantity at this point
damn harsh.......but true i guess
Old 05-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchflip View Post
i went out side my car was on a truck the bitch parking lady called the cops because i started pulling shit out of my car cop cam then i almost got taserd (o she towed it because it was not reg but i had tags from my old car on so i dont know why she checked plates)

i went to go find reg found out it was like 200$ then i went to get my car and the towing people said i had to get a a from from the police so i went back 115$ for that then back to get my car 150$ and when i got my car she left a 85$ ticket.

oh and thats not all when i drove home my alignment was all fucked up but i thought i went off because of the tow soo i did not drive for two weeks so i could save up to pay for all that and when i took my car to the shop turns out they hooked my car by the tie rod and bent the shit out of them.

so the next day i was gonna go get some new ones i pull out of my parking and my left tie rod snaped after 10 feet so i went back to the tow place nope they did not own up to it. o ya i had to get smoged another 150$ thats my story life sucks.

reg 200$
police from for car 110$
tow150$
ticket 85$
smog 150$
tie rods(that they broke) 40$
alignment 60$
having a taser gun pointed at you free

800$ just to get my car running on the street after a tow
english mothafucka, do you speak it!?
Old 05-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #21
switchflip
Leaky Injector

switchflip is making his/her stupidity well-knownswitchflip is making his/her stupidity well-knownswitchflip is making his/her stupidity well-known
thats fucked up the why some of you talk shit for not having registration or insurance you know all of us are not made of money some of us have family we have to help are bigger things we have to take care of and some of us wood rather risk our last 100$ on helping out the family are save to go out to a event the pay for insurance
Old 05-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post

this is almost as good as nitekids running from the cops, except this guy isnt badassed.

seriously, i vividly remember that day like it was yesterday. waking up, going to the computer to eat my bigass bowl of cereal and seeing a picture of henry's car with the police car drifting side-by-side.. ah yes, the wonders of photoshop.

nowadays, we just get stupid posts like this. tear... i miss those days.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #23
Zetto*
Zilvia Member

Zetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
english mothafucka, do you speak it!?
Just 24 more hours and I can rep you.

Common man what were you thinking driving an unregistered car? Not having your proof of insurance in your glove box where it belongs doesn't help. Life is tough but don't make it any harder on yourself.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
switchflip
Leaky Injector

wait a min i think i got it all wrong are we supposed to put people down here crap! dam i thought this was a nice place
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
LOL, you must not have learned much about Zilvia, in your year of being a member.

Seriously, you were asking for it. They didn't even pop your hood but you not being registered nor having a proof of insurance broke the camel's back.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #26
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
thats fucked up the why some of you talk shit for not having registration or insurance you know all of us are not made of money some of us have family we have to help are bigger things we have to take care of and some of us wood rather risk our last 100$ on helping out the family are save to go out to a event the pay for insurance
Really? hmm last time I checked, Insurance was required by law. Registration was required by law. Driving is a privilege not a right. If you have a family and your driving without reg or Insurance then you should be put in Jail. Your endangering your family and your ability to support them far worse by ignoring those simple rules and requirements.
If you can't afford to keep your car registered and insured you should not be on the road.

P.S. your right up there with the OP in the brilliance department.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #27
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
That's the biggest fucking load of BS yet. If you're going to lie about shit, at least make up a good story. Though I don't know exactly what you said because your typing skills are on par with a tree stump, you seem to be saying your family needed the money more so you chose to not pay insurance on your car. That's great. Let me ask, are there any modifications on your car? How'd you pay for them? Do you let other family members drive it? If so, then they're just as responsible. Here's what you meant to say:

"I couldn't afford to pay my insurance because after I got that mad tyte SR dropped in I was broke and my parents cut off my allowance".

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 05-28-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection

this isnt myspace....

get a grip, there is reasons why we have laws in place....

Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #29
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I don't know why I didn't lock this before anyone posted.
I invest too much faith in you fuckers sometimes.

And I write too!
Closed Thread