Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
turknjd
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
turknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
keeping the cruise control after wheel swap

I searched and found this thread where someone mentions a faq somewhere that discusses the cruise control being kept after an aftermarket wheel install, but i cant find it. does anyone know where it is, or do you have any information on how to keep the cc after doing a swap like this one.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...=remove+airbag

im going to follow these steps with the exception of the quick release. also, is there a danger of the airbag detonating upon removal? someone told me that could happen.
turknjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Just make sure you unplug your battery and wait a couple of mins afterward before you thinker with the wheel.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
www.importnut.net has the best detailed writeup that I know of, which you could have found by using google. Amazing how that works.

The bag will not detonate unless triggered, if it's unplugged there's no way for that happen. That's just common sense.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
turknjd
BANNED

turknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
www.importnut.com has the best detailed writeup that I know of, shich you could have found by using google. Amazing how that works.
thats a cool link, i like how when i click it, nothing comes up but a bad page.

Quote:
The bag will not detonate unless triggered, if it's unplugged there's no way for that happen. That's just common sense.
i figured that, i just thought id double check though, but you sure are cool. my main question had to do with the link i posted, i mostly wanted to know whether i could save the cruise control using the hkb hub. Most methods are using momo or sparco hubs which do not save the airbag like hkb does.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
hehe you could get one of those wheels with the cool "nos" buttons and just wire the cruise set button there, cause its about the only one used, and have the other as the horn.

anything can be done if you know how to wire it (i dont tho sorry)

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
The Zilvia homepage used to have a way to do it, I wish I had saved it.

It was alot of work IIRC, but worth it when you're driving SUPER far.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #7
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
FK that, cruise control is awesome when you're too lazy to push the pedal in the morning (me)
I use it every day.
I didn't save it either, but I know which thread you're talking about.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
So the site is down, but a google search yielded a few results as well. Better yet, I kept it on mine without even reading a writeup, it's called, again, common sense. Move the switch to another point on the car, wire it, then install it.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was .com too, turns out its .net...here's the link:

http://importnut.net/steeringswap.htm
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #10
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hmm for some reasont I thought the Importnut was a how-to writeup in a forum.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #11
turknjd
BANNED

yeah, i already found that one. the question i was asking was if anyone knew of infor for use with the hkb hub. it might be a similar process, but i wasnt sure.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
bibbyjenkins

bibbyjenkins is on the path to ruinbibbyjenkins is on the path to ruin
thought id throw up a couple pics. the only thing i did different was instead of using the horn attachment, i just reconnected the cruise attachment which includes the horn wire. the control is conected to the hub, so i can move it if i want.

bibbyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
seanc
Leaky Injector

seanc is an unknown quantity at this point
my plan was to take another one of the 2 way switchs for the dimmer switch and put it into an extra spot. then just use it for the increase and decrease function. no real need for the cancel button. you can use your brake pedal for that. not a simple plug and play but it should only be 4 wires or so.
seanc is offline   Reply With Quote