Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Kognition meter panels S13, S14

This is the first of a 2 part summer GB. This is an open GB which means there is no minimum. We are the manufacturer. End date is July 29th!
Our meter panels are designed to hold multiple instruments and maintain structural integrity in high temp and high vibration environments. We have customers around the world using these panels. Constructed from 1/4" aluminum honeycomb core, bonded with vacuum infused fiberglass panels on both sides. The top panel features a dry carbon fiber finish in 2X2 twill.
S13: Requires silicone application underneath panel, it is tapered and fits flush mount.
S14: Drops in with no hardware.

Models available:
S13/ Blank / $35 shipped inside the USA
S13/ 2 hole / $45 shipped inside the USA
*Outside the USA add $5.00

S14/ Blank / $55 shipped inside the USA
S14/ 3, 4, 5, 6 hole / $65 shipped inside the USA
*Outside the USA add $5.00

Special cuts: $10 ea. Things like AVC-R and Defi Link controller we can do.
If you have something unique, we need exact dimensions. But we will do our best to cut what you need. We accept Paypal, our address is <[email protected]> (619)961-8945 for technical questions on cuts.

<BR>
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow, nice worksmanship and fair prices. I wish I hadn't just shelled out $40 for a new OEM S14 radio trim piece, I could have paid a bit more and gotten one of these and had a place to mount gauges, to boot.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know I'm in for a S13 un-cut.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #4
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Thank you. You can always purchase thru our authorized U.S. dealer in the future. Panda Garage dot com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631
Wow, nice worksmanship and fair prices. I wish I hadn't just shelled out $40 for a new OEM S14 radio trim piece, I could have paid a bit more and gotten one of these and had a place to mount gauges, to boot.

Last edited by kognition; 07-18-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 07-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
skyhawk7311

skyhawk7311 has made poor choicesskyhawk7311 has made poor choicesskyhawk7311 has made poor choicesskyhawk7311 has made poor choicesskyhawk7311 has made poor choicesskyhawk7311 has made poor choicesskyhawk7311 has made poor choices
Are there any pictures of it installed in an s14?
skyhawk7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Third picture down on the right is the panel installed in an S14 dash. As well as the bottom picture on the left.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
I'm definately in for an uncut s13...just what I was looking for!
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #8
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
do we need to put in the paypal msg that we're from zilvia to recieve the special price?....lmk b/c I'm gonna order one today...oh and could you clarify on the silicone "thing" for the s13 panel?..I can't believe these prices!!!!
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
whooha1217
Zilvia Addict

whooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to whooha1217 Send a message via MSN to whooha1217
is it possible to fit 5 60mm gauges, 1 52mm gauge, and defi link, also blitz turbo timer (about .75"x3" not exactly sure just a rough estimate) in there??? if so, how much would it cost me?

FOR S14
whooha1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
kognition
Premium Member

Yes, make a note that this is for the Zilvia Group Buy. While the panel fits flush, putting a bead of silicone around the outer perimeter on the backside gives it the monkey grip to stay in. Comes with instructions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat
do we need to put in the paypal msg that we're from zilvia to recieve the special price?....lmk b/c I'm gonna order one today...oh and could you clarify on the silicone "thing" for the s13 panel?..I can't believe these prices!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #11
kognition
Premium Member

No, if 60mm gauges are involved, you can only fit 5 total on this panel and nothing more. Three across on the top, and two below that. Or three across on the top, and your defi link and turbo timer below that. Because of the size of the panel relative to a 60mm gauge, there isn't much room for structural material to exist between each meter hole. Price: Hole cut panel is $65, and two custom cuts are $20 = $85 shipped US or $90 shipped out of country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooha1217
is it possible to fit 5 60mm gauges, 1 52mm gauge, and defi link, also blitz turbo timer (about .75"x3" not exactly sure just a rough estimate) in there??? if so, how much would it cost me?

FOR S14
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #12
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition
Yes, make a note that this is for the Zilvia Group Buy. While the panel fits flush, putting a bead of silicone around the outer perimeter on the backside gives it the monkey grip to stay in. Comes with instructions as well.
You got paypal!!! I can't wait b/c I've been wanting one of these for awhile but w/the price of cf going up and all I figured I would have to wait but then you came along and brightened up my day
Old 07-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #13
kognition
Premium Member

I get that alot. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat
You got paypal!!! I can't wait b/c I've been wanting one of these for awhile but w/the price of cf going up and all I figured I would have to wait but then you came along and brightened up my day
Old 07-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #14
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What is GB 2. Also these look like they are clear coated or something mine is just dry carbon from Rare Trick Im still after the S-14 sunroof delete.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #15
kognition
Premium Member

You bought an early generation of our dry carbon panels, which had a kind of rough dry finish. Our new panels are made using a new process that gives it a clean hard finished surface that is not prone to scratches. It is the true dry carbon finish like that on the HKS dry carbon Evo.
*Rare Trick is no longer a dealer for our parts. Just an fyi.

Group Buy 2: Interior parts for the S14 guys, and one or two interior parts, and exterior B Pillars for the S13 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy
What is GB 2. Also these look like they are clear coated or something mine is just dry carbon from Rare Trick Im still after the S-14 sunroof delete.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
whooha1217
Zilvia Addict

whooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of light
you wont be abel to make 3 60mm across the top, and 2 60mm on the bottom towards the side and 52mm in the middle?

and also if i have 5 gauges already, did you mean thats all i can get? i will not be abel to fit defi link unit on the bottom?

let me know, i'm interested in 2 sets
Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #17
kognition
Premium Member

The Defi unit would be positioned in a bend area of the panel, but i think we can do that.
RE: Meters
It would be a tight squeeze, and because of that, we would need to add an extra 2 layers of glass to compensate for surface area loss, but it can be done yes. You are really scrunching parts together though with 60mm. gauges. We will need some diameter numbers from you to make sure the gauges wont bump against eachother when seated.

Quote:
you wont be abel to make 3 60mm across the top, and 2 60mm on the bottom towards the side and 52mm in the middle?

and also if i have 5 gauges already, did you mean thats all i can get? i will not be abel to fit defi link unit on the bottom?

let me know, i'm interested in 2 sets
Old 07-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #18
whooha1217
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The Defi unit would be positioned in a bend area of the panel, but i think we can do that.
RE: Meters
It would be a tight squeeze, and because of that, we would need to add an extra 2 layers of glass to compensate for surface area loss, but it can be done yes. You are really scrunching parts together though with 60mm. gauges. We will need some diameter numbers from you to make sure the gauges wont bump against eachother when seated.

basicly i have 5 defi bf 60mm gauges and plus one AEM uego wideband gauge.... i dont know if you guys have the reading on that... but i can find in couple days...

also do u guys happen to have any pictures of finish product with 5 defi gauges on them....
Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #19
kognition
Premium Member

We really don't have a full set of meters in the shop right now to show how it would look, but i don't think it would be to hard to envision what it would look like. We are perfectionists here so if it can be done, we will make it look good.
I suggest anyone considering this buy to take advantage of our cutting services.
These panels are not that simple to cut yourself without the correct tools. And unless you make a paper template done correctly in a program like photoshop etc, to trace out your holes etc, misallignment is highly likely.

Quote:
basicly i have 5 defi bf 60mm gauges and plus one AEM uego wideband gauge.... i dont know if you guys have the reading on that... but i can find in couple days...

also do u guys happen to have any pictures of finish product with 5 defi gauges on them....
Old 07-22-2006, 01:49 AM   #20
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
would u be able to do this:

1 cutout for a 60mm defi gauge (one guage)
1 cut out for the defi control box
1 cut out for a profec B greddy boost controller?

i can send u a pic of how i want it arranged.
it would be for a s14

also i have to see if u can do me a special project. ill pm you.
lmk
thanks.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #21
kognition
Premium Member

Sure, just pm the dimensions for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
would u be able to do this:

1 cutout for a 60mm defi gauge (one guage)
1 cut out for the defi control box
1 cut out for a profec B greddy boost controller?

i can send u a pic of how i want it arranged.
it would be for a s14

also i have to see if u can do me a special project. ill pm you.
lmk
thanks.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #22
kognition
Premium Member

UPDATE: We will make available in G.B. part 2 next month, S13 and S14 gauge panels, which will fit into your gauge for mounting your meters and Tach. Same honeycomb core and dry carbon finish. Thank Dousan for passing that suggestion on. Those will run $105 shipped stateside, and $110 abroad.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #23
Jookmasta
Leaky Injector

Jookmasta is an unknown quantity at this point
well id love to see pics of those gauge panels that u have coming shortly. also, would there be any way for you to cut that piece for a normal din radio and an safc and a greddy MSS (is no bigger than a profec spec 2)? if not, what about just a normal din radio (in factory location) and an safc? this is for an s13 btw...........thanks in advance.
Jookmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #24
kognition
Premium Member

We really need dimensions before we can answer your question. But if it fits under the radio, we can likely do the cuts.
RE:Gauge panel. We are working on that this week among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jookmasta
well id love to see pics of those gauge panels that u have coming shortly. also, would there be any way for you to cut that piece for a normal din radio and an safc and a greddy MSS (is no bigger than a profec spec 2)? if not, what about just a normal din radio (in factory location) and an safc? this is for an s13 btw...........thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #25
Jookmasta
Leaky Injector

Jookmasta is an unknown quantity at this point
well here is what i have currently. ill have to get u the dimensions when i get back in town but here's to give ya an idea of how it would sit...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6533DSCF0011-med.JPG (49.7 KB, 120 views)
Jookmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #26
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
I've purchased a blank one from him and the quality is top notch. Awesome unit. Very Stealth!
TheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #27
kognition
Premium Member

Glad you likey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf
I've purchased a blank one from him and the quality is top notch. Awesome unit. Very Stealth!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:25 AM   #28
kognition
Premium Member

Okay, this open G.B. has concluded.
We thank you for the interest and those of you who purchased.
Now, as a heads up for G.B. part 2 in August, mostly player parts. Interior S14 trim kit which consists of A/C Bezel, Radio Bezel with ashtray cover, shifter trim (auto or manual), and our highly regarded armrest cover. So this is a 5 piece set, and will run about $250. The fabric orientation is the same for each part in this kit.

S13, Outside B Pillars in carbon , armrest cover, and i am working on a cup holder drop in. This will take place mid august.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #29
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
S13, Outside B Pillars in carbon , armrest cover, and i am working on a cup holder drop in. This will take place mid august.
this is exactly what i was hoping for, and as for the cup holder I was gonna pm you to see if you could make me one, but you beat me to it. I already purchased a blank s13 panel and I have to say it fits like it was a factory option. Great product, great job!
Old 07-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #30
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
Yeah i realy need a cup holder, but im not willing to pay for the 60buck ones on ebay. =] Keep us updated!
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote