Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #121
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well that track your movements to turn on is not correct, you must vocally tell it to turn on as it only draws enough power to listen (supposedly, it's too early to tell). That and you can also disable that feature (supposedly, it's too early to tell), or if you are really paranoid just unplug the thing when you hack up the next door neighbor on your living room floor.

Yeah this whole NSA thing was kinda inconvenient of a time for MS, but there is some stuff left out of that whole MSNSA thing, unless the facts have changed since yesterday they could only listen to skype calls placed to conventional phones, which they already can tap anyways so its not really like its skype is to blame but instead Verizon, ATT, Tmobile etc. It seems like the Kinect thing has kept the public off the other companies who are named like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and so on, it could very be a strategic diversion in the news by some of these companies onto the backs of a already PR fucked company.

Just speculation but some food for thought on a fucked up situation.

Edit: So it seems they could tap any conventional phone system but also asked for the skype to skype stuff, that was not included in the few things I read yesterday, and neither was the fact that Skype has been doing this since before MS, not to say MS would not have joined but they bought into the program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #122
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Well that track your movements to turn on is not correct, you must vocally tell it to turn on as it only draws enough power to listen (supposedly, it's too early to tell). That and you can also disable that feature (supposedly, it's too early to tell), or if you are really paranoid just unplug the thing when you hack up the next door neighbor on your living room floor.

Yeah this whole NSA thing was kinda inconvenient of a time for MS, but there is some stuff left out of that whole MSNSA thing, unless the facts have changed since yesterday they could only listen to skype calls placed to conventional phones, which they already can tap anyways so its not really like its skype is to blame but instead Verizon, ATT, Tmobile etc. It seems like the Kinect thing has kept the public off the other companies who are named like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and so on, it could very be a strategic diversion in the news by some of these companies onto the backs of a already PR fucked company.

Just speculation but some food for thought on a fucked up situation.

Edit: So it seems they could tap any conventional phone system but also asked for the skype to skype stuff, that was not included in the few things I read yesterday, and neither was the fact that Skype has been doing this since before MS, not to say MS would not have joined but they bought into the program.
Devils advocate: I don't do anything to harm this country so I have nothing to fear.

Also, I love how, a discussion on a gaming console has slowly derailed into an NSA conspiracy thread. ONLY ON ZILVIA LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #123
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Devils advocate: I don't do anything to harm this country so I have nothing to fear.

Also, I love how, a discussion on a gaming console has slowly derailed into an NSA conspiracy thread. ONLY ON ZILVIA LADIES AND GENTLEMAN
No, trust me. Lots of car forums I frequent are making this connection.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #124
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

The "nothing to fear" argument is understandable. I'm personally not afraid of NSA snooping.

But it seems like everyone thinks America is done. Like America has been built, established and is running on autopilot now. But it's not. America isn't perfect and there are still a lot of battles (political, social, civil, and so on) to be fought. Things can still change very quickly, we are not immune to the problems many other governments face.

Right now it might be used for good but what about 50 years from now? What if the government becomes as corrupt as conspiracy theorists think it is?

What if there's a civil war? The winner could easily be the group who can track everyone... but are they going to be the ones we want to win?

What if another MLK comes around and tries to rally the people for change? Will he be able to do anything if the people who don't want the change can track him?

They say they need a court order to pull the records. What does that mean? How easy would it be for some rich guy with an agenda to pay an NSA employee to pull the records for him? They make it sound like the only thing stopping them from pull records is a law. Laws are easily broken.

I don't really know how I feel about this whole NSA thing. It seems like a double edge sword. It can be used for good or evil extremely easily without anyone knowing it's happening. Sitting back and saying "well I have nothing to worry about" isn't a good idea though. It really isn't about effecting you directly, because it probably wont, it's more about it effecting America and it's future. Just my opinion, sorry to derail this thread even more.
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #125
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
So lemme get this straight.

Microsoft Xbox One has a built in Kinect that is on at all times, and able to track your movements in order to 'turn on' the system.

Microsoft is complicit in PRISM, the NSA program centered around pretty much spying on Americans.

Does nobody else see a problem with this? George Orwell ring a bell?
this!!! ^^

im sad that i wont be playing any of the newer Halos,,, since ill be dropping Xbox for a ps4
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #126
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow40 View Post
The "nothing to fear" argument is understandable. I'm personally not afraid of NSA snooping.

But it seems like everyone thinks America is done. Like America has been built, established and is running on autopilot now. But it's not. America isn't perfect and there are still a lot of battles (political, social, civil, and so on) to be fought. Things can still change very quickly, we are not immune to the problems many other governments face.

Right now it might be used for good but what about 50 years from now? What if the government becomes as corrupt as conspiracy theorists think it is?

What if there's a civil war? The winner could easily be the group who can track everyone... but are they going to be the ones we want to win?

What if another MLK comes around and tries to rally the people for change? Will he be able to do anything if the people who don't want the change can track him?

They say they need a court order to pull the records. What does that mean? How easy would it be for some rich guy with an agenda to pay an NSA employee to pull the records for him? They make it sound like the only thing stopping them from pull records is a law. Laws are easily broken.

I don't really know how I feel about this whole NSA thing. It seems like a double edge sword. It can be used for good or evil extremely easily without anyone knowing it's happening. Sitting back and saying "well I have nothing to worry about" isn't a good idea though. It really isn't about effecting you directly, because it probably wont, it's more about it effecting America and it's future. Just my opinion, sorry to derail this thread even more.
While I have nothing to hide, the govt has no business snooping on me just because.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #127
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

But until one of us has the means and the will (you really do need both, will only gets you so far) to rise up and lead that fight it will just be a million cries in the darkness as it currently is. First things first this voting system needs to go, the majority of the american public is smart enough to vote now, we don't need this proxy system we have now.

And I will leave the conspiracy crap at that, back to the Xbox. Any exciting games that may not have been discussed here already? Exclusive, or multi system regardless.
Quote:

Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #128
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsastr_clan View Post
this!!! ^^

im sad that i wont be playing any of the newer Halos,,, since ill be dropping Xbox for a ps4
Just get Destiny, it's also made by Bungie.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #129
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
XBOX ONE = TRY HARD PIECE OF CRAP
Just my two cents love it or hate it.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #130
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Xbox One "May Not Work" in Unsupported Regions | TechnoBuffalo

Not entirely a shocker IMO
Old 06-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #131
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Yeah the 360 did not sell there so why waste the time in allowing it to be one of the countries. Granted it would be better if there were no restrictions but hey it makes sense to not waste any resources on a place that is not a market for your product. At the same time though a simple VPN service can solve this issue. My friends 360 would not allow him to view videos in the UAE so he set up a VPN to the US, works like a charm.
Quote:

Old 06-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #132
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Japan is not a shocker after how the 360 is a special model in Japan. I know someone that bought a JP 360 just to play certain Japanese market games.

Which begs the question of the new Kinect. Will it be far sighted like the current model?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #133
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

It is supposedly not as bad, it can accept small rooms without glasses like the 360 version. What I want to know is will it be better with voice control and not just randomly pause and not pause when I tell it to?

So I just found an app to order Pizzahut with Kinect on the 360, now we can yell our orders at the TV just like a half aware cashier. Not quite sure how I feel about it.
Quote:

Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #134
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #135
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
^-- That's The Internet for ya
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #136
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Told ya. No always online, used games are fine now. MS isn't stupid. Took em less than a month to change policy.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #137
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

But the issue is that it took an outcry from their customer base to do it...unlike Sony.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #138
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
It is supposedly not as bad, it can accept small rooms without glasses like the 360 version. What I want to know is will it be better with voice control and not just randomly pause and not pause when I tell it to?

So I just found an app to order Pizzahut with Kinect on the 360, now we can yell our orders at the TV just like a half aware cashier. Not quite sure how I feel about it.
Voice Control on the 360 was always a "Beta" feature. They have been doing voice recognition training on the kinect for a while now. You can go into settings and use the learning tool.

I saw an ad on TV for Pizza Slut the other night and they had iPhone, Android and XBL icons at the end of the ad. I was like WTF? The phone app is horrible compared to web. No sales or specials Just build your pizza and pay full price.
Quote:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Told ya. No always online, used games are fine now. MS isn't stupid. Took em less than a month to change policy.
Quote:
Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.
Please Sir, can I have another?
Quote:
You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you.
I guess a post by post beat down is how you show love these days.
Quote:
Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.
What I thought, Japan is a special case like the 360 not region locking.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #139
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
But the issue is that it took an outcry from their customer base to do it...unlike Sony.
What the fuck does it matter? If anything I view that as a good thing they are paying attention, and not stubbornly telling everyone to shut up and take it. You are kidding yourself if you think Sony wasn't watching too. They went viral with their ads a few days after the outcry started. Bet your ass if noone woulda complained, and this took off Sony would have followed suit. They would be dumb to let a revenue stream like that go.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #140
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Welp I am now sold on the one. Glad to see they came to their senses.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #141
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Thank god people didn't lay down and accept this as 'the future'.

Tis a good day.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #142
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Just goes to show that the guy blabbing 360 if you don't like it is really only an actor. MS isn't stupid, granted we just lost the ability to share games with friends at the same time as we are playing them but that was not going to be a big selling point anyways.

And Sony is not this innocent company they would have you believe, they did everything in their power to gain the upperhand and secure your money, and if the outcry is any indication it worked.
Quote:

Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #143
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I honestly feel this was all planned by MS to get people talking about it and get everyone fired up.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #144
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I'm still getting a PS4, MS and the XBox can suck it. Unless an outcry from the customers gets them to step up the hardware specs of their system too...
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #145
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
I honestly feel this was all planned by MS to get people talking about it and get everyone fired up.
Haha it worked if that was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
I'm still getting a PS4, MS and the XBox can suck it. Unless an outcry from the customers gets them to step up the hardware specs of their system too...
You act like there is some large difference like last gen, the systems are closer than you think. Not saying don't buy a PS4 just saying your argument is not that strong lol.
Quote:

Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #146
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Jews didn't do anything to Germany....

I think the abuse of power in the EPA and IRS should be more then enough to cause you fear.

So you tell a friend on a phone call you are pro gun, or you send an email saying Gay marriage is stupid... how do you know this won't then come back and be used against you in some sort of subversive insidious way? Apply for federal loan - rejected... cause someone put a tag on your file.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #147
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Jews didn't do anything to Germany...
That is history unwritten.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #148
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Yes they did.
That is history unwritten though.
Can we keep the Holocaust, and the conspiracy theories out of our nerdgasm orgy please?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #149
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Starting to see what the argument is now? MS changed their policies and we already all know the system will be changed by the time it releases. I secured a pre-order for ONE and I will not be changing my mind.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #150
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Can we keep the Holocaust, and the conspiracy theories out of our nerdgasm orgy please?
Not as long as Microsoft is still connected to PRISM!