Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #571
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
My tuner with the 1/4 mile world record for sr20 powered irs s-chassi is running a 4 counter weight crank in is sr21vet .
However, that is a very minor datapoint to me unfortunately. That is a full bore race engine. I am looking for longevity data for someone running them at trackdays, daily, etc in the 400WHP range reliably. Not quite the same
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #572
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
However, that is a very minor datapoint to me unfortunately. That is a full bore race engine. I am looking for longevity data for someone running them at trackdays, daily, etc in the 400WHP range reliably. Not quite the same
I have no data points to offer, however, the FCW will be significantly heavier than the 4CW. The 4CW will obviously help with revs, but not vibrations. You'll probably want that extra balance when spinning 8-9k quite often, especially in a track oriented car. Paired with an ATI damper, you should have quite a bit of longevity for your motor. Now obviously there are other factors to consider and forces at work. 400whp is a pretty tame SR these days. I think you'll be fine with whatever you chose to run.

Something to think about, factory DET crank is forged and pretty damn balanced from the start. There is always room for improvement, but the 4CW will need more attention.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #573
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
The 4CW crank isn't recommend on most of our builds, the FCW crank is stronger and has been proven in many of our builds. The 4CW also has deflection issues.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #574
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

SR20VE Cam Profile

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #575
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
What are yo guys using for aftermarket upgrades for Fuel Rail as in brand names for the P12?
Also anyone having P12 VVL solenoid Clearance issue being at the firewall for the s13. I know the P11 VVL clearance issue and S14 but what about on the S13??

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #576
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
What are yo guys using for aftermarket upgrades for Fuel Rail as in brand names for the P12?
Also anyone having P12 VVL solenoid Clearance issue being at the firewall for the s13. I know the P11 VVL clearance issue and S14 but what about on the S13??
1) Autotech, G-SPec, JMR, PLM, Custom Steel (not sure if they are still producing), Taarks (may not be able to buy with the manifold), and Maxworz (same as Taarks in terms of purchasing) are all folks that make top feed rails. Prices range from ~130 to ~200

2) P12 clearance will be an issue with the S13 depending on what mounts are used.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #577
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
1) Autotech, G-SPec, JMR, PLM, Custom Steel (not sure if they are still producing), Taarks (may not be able to buy with the manifold), and Maxworz (same as Taarks in terms of purchasing) are all folks that make top feed rails. Prices range from ~130 to ~200

2) P12 clearance will be an issue with the S13 depending on what mounts are used.
Our -10AN fuel rail is "universal", you can order it with just the standoffs to weld to your manifold. It would bolt directly to our manifold though.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #578
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Never mind

Found it
Old 03-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #579
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If a 4cw can take 800+whp on a mustang dyno . Do 8.14 on the 1/4 mile and we only refresh the engin at the end of every season that says it all .

Every 3 or 4 event we take the oil pan of to check the bearings for safety mesure . But we are not rebuilding the engin

For a dayli 400whp i would run a 4cw anyday

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #580
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
For what ever reason I cannot locate the shims used for the VE in this thread. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are suppose to be Vrod shims at 10mm?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #581
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
http://www.rhdjapan.com/flatwell-int...o-vvl-rwd.html
😭😭😭

Anyone ever succesfully use a oem ve intake on a rwd setup?
Is anything more involved than cutting it and flipping it and welding it back?
Or s14 intake with ve flange welded on? I like the oem look any help appreciated alot!
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #582
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
For what ever reason I cannot locate the shims used for the VE in this thread. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are suppose to be Vrod shims at 10mm?
yes, but i'm told there is a husqvarna or ktm part number thats the same thing and also cheaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post
������
Or s14 intake with ve flange welded on? I like the oem look any help appreciated alot!
theres a whole thread with info about this, lemme see if i can find it. some dude here on zilvia did that exact thing

heres the post
http://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=5804065&postcount=24

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...65#post5804065

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #583
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Yea i saw that he never finished it though. So i don't know if it worked or not. Pmd him hasnt gotten back to me yet. Thanks for looking out though brndck.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #584
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Hot Cams 10.00mm Valve Shim Refill Package 1.85mm to 3.25mm HCSHIM31*

I have also used the Vrod shims because I had a dealer near me that I could just pick the ones I need.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:01 AM   #585
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Hot Cams 10.00mm Valve Shim Refill Package 1.85mm to 3.25mm HCSHIM31*

I have also used the Vrod shims because I had a dealer near me that I could just pick the ones I need.
spot on ... hot cams or any 10mm diameter shim kit will do .... i use 1 or 2 vrods because i didnt had enought of one size in my kit (only 3 of each size)

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 03-10-2017, 03:12 AM   #586
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
😭😭😭

that intake is like the Tonnka inlet manifold ... he must make them for that companie or he rebadge his to is companies name

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tonnka-CN...-/262315802073

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 03-10-2017, 03:34 AM   #587
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
speedingmofa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Awhile ago, i was actually looking at modifying the stock sr20ve manifold for use on a rwd. I'm not sure how others went about it, but if i take a close look at cutting and flipping the manifold, it seems the runners would never match up? No matter if i decide to cut it at the lower or upper (runners would be miles out) runners. So I'm really curious how others have done this too.
The only example i've seen is in this picture, but let's be honest.. u can't see s**t here:

So now I've bought an s14 stock intake which i could chop up and weld it to an sr20ve flange much like this:

Or maybe chop off all the way up to the fuel rail and weld on an sr20ve piece on there.

That was until my buddy offered to build me an intake which i can directly mount to the sr20ve lower runner which would be awesome of course so i couldn't turn him down on that
But who knows, if I ever decide to go the s14-chop/weld route, i'll let yall know
Old 03-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #588
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
You can also just buy the Xcessive plenum and bolt it to the stock VE lower manifold. The only problem is that if you run the Q45 throttle you have to chop the flange off and angle it down more or it will hit the hood.

https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ni...ve-p11-bp.html

Personally I would weld the plenum to plate.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-11-2017, 03:20 AM   #589
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

The thing that bothers me most bout the xcessive plenum and other plenums that bolt onto the lower runners is that it shortens the runners to almost half their length. It's low end grunt im not willing to trade in for. Just that makes me choose the s14 route over the xcessive route.
The custom plenum i'm having built will retain 75/85% of the oem runner length
Old 03-11-2017, 05:02 AM   #590
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
It's low end grunt im not willing to trade in for. Just that makes me choose the s14 route over the xcessive route.
The custom plenum i'm having built will retain 75/85% of the oem runner length
The VE is a high strung 4cyl, what is this lowend grunt you speak of?
Old 03-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #591
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Speedingmofa good point. I suppose it doesnt matter though as 90% of ppl who do this swap want 450/500+ hp. At that point i would imagine the extra runner length would start working against them. The xcessive is just ugly imo. It has that ugly X on top of it, it mounts really weirdly and it doesnt seal. Id just rather oem with a ve flange welded on. I'm using oem exhaust manifold aswell with the codyace wategate port.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #592
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

The factory ve manifold has a reverse taper on it too as it get to the head. It doesn't exactly match up with the port size at the head.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #593
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The VE is a high strung 4cyl, what is this lowend grunt you speak of?
LMAO this cracked me up ha

Well let's put it this way, i intend to retain as much of the low end this thing has to offer. But that's cuz i want my setup to be as streetable as possible. I'm not aiming for top hp nrs as much as low/mid torque nrs

Quote:
The factory ve manifold has a reverse taper on it too as it get to the head. It doesn't exactly match up with the port size at the head.
I've never measured the ins and outs of the runners. Maybe u have? Is it possible a bit of porting would taper the runners towards the head? Or at least get them to the same size for the sake of removing the reversed taper
Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #594
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
600supersport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What's your compression ratio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
600supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #595
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
I've never measured the ins and outs of the runners. Maybe u have? Is it possible a bit of porting would taper the runners towards the head? Or at least get them to the same size for the sake of removing the reversed taper

Yes you can port it out of the stock manifold. I think nissan did the reverse taper to try and increase velocity.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-13-2017, 02:39 AM   #596
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600supersport View Post
What's your compression ratio?
According to the calculations, currently 9:1

Bore x stroke: 88 x 86mm
HG x bore: 1.2 88mm
Chamber x dome: 42cc (sr20ve chamber), -16cc (CP SC73261V-4)
Deck: (assuming) 0mm

I'm debating whether to go lower (1.8 @ 90mm = 8.5:1) as i will only be using pump fuel (comparable to 93 octane in the US).

Quote:
Yes you can port it out of the stock manifold. I think nissan did the reverse taper to try and increase velocity.
Good info! Thx for sharing
Old 03-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #597
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

My dynamic compression ratio drops quite a bit with 11:1 static to 8.4:1 dynamic on the high lobe with the N1 cams and doesn't seem handcuffed with 93 fuel or 93 with torco & WMI for higher boost levels. The DET may be more knock limited, but the VE seems quite VE...

Old 03-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #598
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Ive heard alot of pros about the ve head. But i'm more interested in its pitfalls.
To where does it need improvement from factory form? Or any other tips/expierences on how to not fuck up.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #599
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

I haven't fucked up my VE yet, but I'd say oil system performance is paramount in any SR, especially the VE...along with fuel delivery, ignition control, proper electronics and making sure you tighten all the bolts before you drive away.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #600
jr_ss
Post Whore!

For those of you running CBR coils, what spark plugs are you running? I'd prefer to stick with NGK plugs.