Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Rear end stub shafts

So I am in the market for some stub shafts to keep my cusco rear end in my s13. I just recently swapped a 2jz vvti into my s13 and am going to shooting for 550-600hp. Problem is that the factory axles wont hold the power. I want to run these, picture below is rear stub shafts from Get nuts lab (forrest wang) out of Vegas. They have made these to be able to run 350z axles which is a far better route money wise then spending serious money on some 900hp axles from drive shaft shop.
My only problem is since they are obviously busy with formula d this time of year they don't have any of these in stock nor will they be making more in the next few months because of FD. Has anyone else seen or heard of someone else making these types of parts? I do not want to go out and source skyline rear end parts because I would like to keep my cusco differential.
(picture is from a local nw build not my picture)

PS: I hope this is in the right section, i searched and it hasn't been covered before. Please move thread if needed or point me in the right direction before closing.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I know this isn't helping, but that's a slick idea there...can't say I've ever seen or heard of it myself.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
yeah i emailed getnuts about these a month or two ago and they said they don't have any plans at the moment to make more. basically, from what i understand, they just cut the stub shaft from a s-chassis and welded on the flange from the z33.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
Yup, when that thread came up on NWN I had to ask about it too. There's not a lot of guys in S13 chassis in the NW who make enough power to snap an axle. I fear I will break an axle soon too (surprised that I haven't already popped one). If you come up with an option, send me a PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Seraphim, I am currently working on a few ideas with psi. I will most likely keep this thread alive or make a new one if we get something in the works.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
MomentumDrift-Tyler
Leaky Injector

MomentumDrift-Tyler is an unknown quantity at this point
i am willing to purchase 2 sets also, if that helps some
MomentumDrift-Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
Cool. Psi has tuned two different engine configurations in my car.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wish companies made a stronger stub shaft out of a better material!! i went ahead and installed an R230 into my car as they have slightly larger stub shafts than any R200.. How ever that wasnt a bolt in affair.
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Do people really snap stub axles? I just wanted to run the more stout z33 axles.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #10
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
The only thing with that which would conern me is making sure it's 100% dead nuts...you dont' want it out even a smidge radially, as that can wreck bearings.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #11
WeirPerformance

WeirPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
We have been making these modified stub shafts for a while now. In fact our very first set was used on the Garage Boso car which ended up in Forest Wangs car in 2013. Odi bakchis is also still running our shafts in his FD car. The difference in our shafts is we start with a new blank flange, weld it in place, then finish machine the flange face, CV register and drill all the bolt holes after fabricating. In order to do this for customers all we need is a good pair of stub shafts sent it to us. For more information just give us a call. Thanks,

Spence Weir
Weir Performance Engineering
707-315-6638
WeirPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #12
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Thats the answer I was looking for!!! I will be calling you guys in a few days!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #13
specialk2003
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
specialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sorry to revive this old thread, but when using Z33 axles on an S chassis, are there any other mods you have to do to make them work (i.e. different hubs, etc.)?
specialk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No, the hub splines are the same. You guys could also go with an axle spacer that adapts the s13 stub to the 350z axle.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #15
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

I was told you have to run q45 hubs? Is this false? I can buy z33 axles and just run different axle stubs?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Idk at long beach brandon wicknick told me he was using factory s13 hubs with z33 axles and get nuts modified stubs. But he was still breaking axles even with z33.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
welding stubs... ah man, this sounds too crazy for me.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #18
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
No, the hub splines are the same. You guys could also go with an axle spacer that adapts the s13 stub to the 350z axle.
Hind sight is 20-20, doesn't work unless you want to extend the rear lca's because this makes the z33 axles too long.

Proper way if you don't want to mess with lca's is the stub shafts with z33 flanges welded on. Although I haven't been able to try this myself, been seeing more cars with this mod recently. Hard to stay in contact with GetNuts, but Villians Drift makes them as well, and Weir as posted.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #19
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Anyone actually running these modified diff stubs with success? Have been holding off on doing this for my car but feel that it's soon necessary.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #20
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I saw the figs engineering guy doing this not too long ago (makes lexus stuff), but he was welding up Nissan stub shafts.

I couldn't get the nuts lab page to load (yes I realize OP is 4 years old). FYI for anyone looking for this service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
welding stubs... ah man, this sounds too crazy for me.
right? so many variables and so much to go wrong! lol
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #21
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Villians does this mod.

http://villainsdrift.bigcartel.com/p...b-for-s13-diff
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:51 PM   #22
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Get nuts , villains drift , weir performance all make the stub conversion

Weir performance is about to release a chromoly 1 piece vr. Of it ... https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcv0A3gH8no/

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #23
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
oooooh DIY flangies. I forsee some of these diy jobs in the diw thread.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote