Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
PurePontiacKid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
PurePontiacKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
S130

Thought I might start a build thread here for my 280ZX.

bought her back in 2008 lookin like this:

got her cleaned up a little bit, threw on $70 coilover sleeves and drove around for a while

got hit by a Ford Ranger

went through and replaced all the suspension bushings and redoing the front coilovers. powder coated all the suspension parts as well. (instead of doing bodywork like I should have :| )

blah blah blah got it back on the road again, rode on stockies some more, and picked up a super rare OEM ZXR whale tail for free

finally got some wheels

dialed in front fitment

finally got actual coilovers for the rear, picked these up off here for cheap

scored big time at the junkyard and got OG Kaminari Aero, all busted to hell. fiberglassed it back together and:

blah blah blah, put together a Hybrid VLSD/axle with modified crossmember.

ended up eventually breaking ALL of that shit.

now I'm rocking a welded diff with stock axles, and control arms modded with heim ends, bolted to a solid-mounted subframe.

now I'm drifting.

modded some knuckles because stock angle sucks, installed some Roll Center Adjusters, etc. car was driving better than ever

(have since changed to Negative Camber RCA's, straightened the LCA out even further)

I have a couple more degrees now with the clearanced LCAs and NCRCA's as well.

Sideways Sunday #2 (uncut) - YouTube
DISCLAIMER: that is not illegal, that is U-Drift. I paid to drive there and it was sanctioned lol

tired of the shitty Megans. Stance wouldn't go low enough, but wanted their valving, voila custom built super low STANCE coilovers:

these ALL the way up are similar to Megans ~1" from full low. rocking 14k springs on them.

went driving again, and these coilovers are fucking amazing. can't express how happy I am with them!

then I drove the dumb car to Long Beach to attend JCCS; had a fucking blast there, too.

bought a Cusco strut bar while I was there (also at some point previous I had also converted to dual SU carbs, and all of the other stuff I've done under the hood as well lol)

new long-term project:

because the stock suspension sucks, and S13 is kind of close to fitting.

anyways, that's it for now. if I get more time later I'll go more in-depth on some of the things I've done.

I'm also building two other sets of wheels (14s and 16s).

And an event this weekend that I'm super excited on.

other than that, I haven't been doing too much besides maintenence lately.

Trying to get my other shell brought home to start working on it and prepping it for a full shell-swap.
PurePontiacKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links