Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #3421
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Like completely ruin it wonders.
That is Reece's goal at all times.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #3422
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what do you do for a day job? and holy crap amazing thread i aspire to be able to do the things you are doing!!!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #3423
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
I will end you
Don't worry JY. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm a part of the Ganador club. I think they flow better with your setup.
hahaha. I do like them for sure. I'll probably just change them back and forth all winter while the car sits to give me something to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradillusional View Post
craftsquare...

ha, couldnt resist

looking great!
haha, this guy. Happy late birthday by the way sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostzilla View Post
Just read this entire thread. Great work on the car ! I definitely miss my 180 after reading this.
Thank you, appreciate it! I've been trying to go through and update old images that have broken links as I have time. I should have never used Image Shack all those years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Hurricane mirrors would do wonders to this car
I actually had a brand new pair a few months back that I ended up selling. I just wasn't confident I would like them. I do think they look cool on Joe's blue car though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousBlackX View Post
what do you do for a day job? and holy crap amazing thread i aspire to be able to do the things you are doing!!!
Thank you for the kind words! I'm a graphic designer.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #3424
SilviaForTheWin

SilviaForTheWin is an unknown quantity at this point
New on here and I read your entire build thread over the last few days at work because its been so slow around the shop, you sir are an inspiration, your car is a work of art. Love the attention to detail, I hope one day that atleast one of my silvia's will be as clean as your s13!
SilviaForTheWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #3425
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaForTheWin View Post
New on here and I read your entire build thread over the last few days at work because its been so slow around the shop, you sir are an inspiration, your car is a work of art. Love the attention to detail, I hope one day that atleast one of my silvia's will be as clean as your s13!
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the read.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #3426
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Still one of my favorite cars on zilvia
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:21 AM   #3427
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Well, it's Friday- always a good day to update your long neglected build thread, right?

A fair amount has changed with my car since the last set of photos I posted. While I was determined not to mess with the car at all over the winter, I finally caved and made a slew of changes. Many will argue that the car has since gone backwards, but that was sort of the point in a way.

While I loved the state of the car and could have easily left it alone, I began to long for simplicity. While the Hot Road aero and Koguchi Power hood looked awesome, both came with a set of inconveniences. I ultimately decided that I missed the look and quality of OEM kouki 180SX aero and sold my Hot Road aero to a gentleman from Ohio.

I debated my next move and even considered attempting a chuki front end again for a time. I also thought about running the OEM kouki 180SX front bumper with chuki sides and a Supermade rear wing just for something a bit different than I had done previously. But in the end, I couldn't deny the fact that I wanted full kouki aero again.

I sourced all of the necessary items, had them painted, and installed them with the goal of doing everything as properly as possible. I went with all OEM lighting and installed the necessary connectors, something I had never done before. I spent a long time trying to get the front bumper fitment right and installed a pair of new OEM fender liners like I had done a few years prior to clean everything up as much as possible. Finally, I had a pair of OEM metal front fenders refinished as my previous pairs have always been marked with dings and other blemishes.

A number of things were removed from the car: Hot Road aero, Koguchi Power hood, Ganador mirrors, Bride seats, Defi gauges, Do-Luck rear floor bar, etc. I picked up a set of kouki 180SX seats from a friend and decided to install the rear seat. A clean OEM dash was installed to fill the holes left from my gauges once they were removed. Finally, I replaced my Kakimoto exhaust with a new DMAX unit like I had on the car previously.

I am currently in the process of finishing up some suspension work- Stance Super Sport coilovers, GK tech roll center adjusters and tie rod ends, etc. I dropped to a 225/40 rear tire and moved my 11mm rear spacer to the rear to bring the specs more in line with my silver set of TE37s I had years ago. I also installed a NISMO 2 way LSD, but I am beginning to question if that was the right choice or not. While I am interested in trying drifting, the car really only sees normal street driving (if anything) at the moment.

Here are a couple shots of how the car sat prior to installing my exhaust and the GK tech/Stance suspension components:

All in all, the car is much simpler now. These changes have not only freed up some cash for me, but have made me appreciate the car in a cleaner and more simpler form. Ideally I will finish the suspension updates this weekend, get an alignment soon, and enjoy driving the car on the street when my time as a dad allows.

Moving forward, I would like to pick up a bucket seat again as the factory seats feel a bit odd. I want to take care of some small details like installing the 180SX headliner I was finally able to secure thanks to a friend in Canada, replacing the carpet to get rid of the holes from my old roll cage, and things like that. At this moment I really only feel like replacing things that will offer vast improvements without compromising streetability- small improvements like SPL suspension arms, a one piece driveshaft, etc- but I'm enjoying the calm at the moment.

Anyway, that's my rambling for today! Hopefully that brings you up to speed. I'll post some more photos of the car once it's "completed" and I've had a chance to clean it up. It's still very dirty right now from winter storage.

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #3428
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Much much better.

Either throw a Giken lsd in, or an s15 helical. Off the shelf giken drives like an open diff -- no clunks, no bs.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #3429
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
Beauty, can't beat simplicity.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #3430
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
S15 seats are comfy as hell. Ever looked into those?
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #3431
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
OS Giken is nice for sure. Get you some recaro recliners. Feel good, still have mobility. Night and day difference over stock r32 GTR seats. Hell, I even use my spares to play video games in lol.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:55 AM   #3432
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
If you're wanting to drift I advise against the helical differential. I have run a shimmed j30 vlsd for 3 years and it locks up great, but it does clunk/chirp tires at really low speeds, so that may not suit your needs either.

The car looks amazing, as usual. I would love to see that thing out on a track.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #3433
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Simplicity is king. I'll miss the ganadors, but the car still looks killer.

Flawless execution.

Last edited by tlieberman240; 07-20-2016 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: oops
tlieberman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #3434
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Much much better.

Either throw a Giken lsd in, or an s15 helical. Off the shelf giken drives like an open diff -- no clunks, no bs.
That's what I have heard- just don't have the loot sadly. Maybe someday, haha. VLSD is fine for street cruising which is all I am really doing these days (if anything.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbberish View Post
Beauty, can't beat simplicity.
Thanks! Simple is definitely nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
S15 seats are comfy as hell. Ever looked into those?
They definitely are, just feels a little out of place to me in an S13. Almost like they are too big for such a small car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
OS Giken is nice for sure. Get you some recaro recliners. Feel good, still have mobility. Night and day difference over stock r32 GTR seats. Hell, I even use my spares to play video games in lol.
Yeah, aftermarket recliners sound pretty nice right about now. More on that in a future post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
If you're wanting to drift I advise against the helical differential. I have run a shimmed j30 vlsd for 3 years and it locks up great, but it does clunk/chirp tires at really low speeds, so that may not suit your needs either.

The car looks amazing, as usual. I would love to see that thing out on a track.
Good to know. I probably won't end up drifting this car. I was keen to give it a try and pretty pumped up for it, but in all honesty it's probably not going to happen, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Simplicity is king. I'll miss the ganadors, but the car still looks killer.

Flawless execution.
Thanks! I miss them too. I think they'll be making a comeback soon.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

So, let's see here. I've had the itch to mess with the car a bit lately. Keeping it completely "stock" inside and out was the goal and I was enjoying it, but I just can't handle the boredom. You know how it is for me. Despite my best efforts I am not sure that's ever going to change.

I completed the install of the Stance coilovers and GK Tech components. I'm finally going to take the car in for an alignment on Monday so that it will track straight for my wife and I's drive up to Final Bout SSC in Wisconsin next month. I was also able to install my 180SX headliner to finally remove the annoying gap that has been there for years.

Replaced a bad wheel bearing and cut/installed my modified front fender liners too while I was at it.

It's been fun to take the kids to daycare and to get ice cream in the car lately. Pretty cool to have the rear seat belts in place (I removed my NeXt Miracle Cross Bar in order to make this work.) I ended up attending the Eyes on Design car show again on Father's Day and my girls came out to keep me company.

I replaced my Raybrig headlights with HID kit for some Hella E Code housings and bulbs. Not as cool/aggressive looking but the light output is good so that's nice. The car doesn't see much street driving anymore anyway, but I figured this was a good idea. I might end up with another pair of Raybrigs someday and keep the Hellas so I can swap out the lighting as my mood changes.

Speaking of lighting, I ended up removing my OEM front lighting and went back to DMAX clear side markers and dual position lights. The amber and OEM turn signals were a nice change, but ended up wanting the more aftermarket look again. I kept all of my stock lights so that I can swap back if I decide to.

While I was at it, I also finally caved in and attempted the front license plate cutout. It's a subtle change but I really like what it has done to the look of the car overall. I scored a pair of new in box OEM N1 ducts too, so those might make their way onto the car soon- still deciding on that but at least I'll have them on hand if I decide to go for it.

I finally took the time to replace the stickers on my TE37s which cleaned them up a lot. Also repaired a minor power steering leak and gave the car a once over ahead of our road trip next week. Hopefully it holds up well!

Finally, I picked up a pair of new in box Aero Marker mirrors. I was going for an Itoh inspired look, but I am just not sold on how they look on the car. I really like them on a lot of cars, but something just doesn't look right to me. I am hoping those sell soon. I am planning to grab a pair of Ganadors at Final Bout.

Messed around with the engine bay a bit as well. There are a few things I would like to do in here sometime soon- a new intake pipe and filter, a catch can, new blow off valve, etc. I might just wait until winter to take care of those things.

Overall I am just putzing around with the car as I have the time and enjoying summer. I'll probably have some more updates soon!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #3435
Cortius017
Leaky Injector

Cortius017 is an unknown quantity at this point
The aero marker mirrors look great! Can't wait to see this car at final bout next weekend. I can't contain my excitement for next weekend haha
Cortius017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #3436
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortius017 View Post
The aero marker mirrors look great! Can't wait to see this car at final bout next weekend. I can't contain my excitement for next weekend haha
haha, thanks! I am really excited too. Should be a good time as always!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #3437
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
As much as I love Ganadors, the Aeromarker mirrors scream 90's and are so subtle!!! I test fitted mine on my hatch and they flow so well with my origin overs, They do look really nice with your setup!!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #3438
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
As much as I love Ganadors, the Aeromarker mirrors scream 90's and are so subtle!!! I test fitted mine on my hatch and they flow so well with my origin overs, They do look really nice with your setup!!
Thanks man, I dunno! They make the car look too "skinny" to me if that makes any sense. I think they work better with a brighter colored car or more aggressive aero. That's just me though... maybe I would like them more with a vented hood. It just feels like something is missing to me with them on my car!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #3439
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get some Recaro Sportster CS's!

Pic for reference. They are amazing.

innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:07 PM   #3440
Cortius017
Leaky Injector

Cortius017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovation View Post
Get some Recaro Sportster CS's!

Pic for reference. They are amazing.

They look super comfortable but I'm not sure if they would fit the style of the car.
Cortius017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #3441
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, a friend has a pair of those in his Audi R8. They look really cool and comfortable, but they're definitely out of my price range. That and they just don't have that "period correct" vibe I am after.

I've got something on the way that I think should fit the bill just fine. Pretty excited.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-22-2016, 10:31 PM   #3442
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Still one of my favorite hatches of all time. Love this build! Keep em coming Damon!
Old 08-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #3443
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yeah, a friend has a pair of those in his Audi R8. They look really cool and comfortable, but they're definitely out of my price range. That and they just don't have that "period correct" vibe I am after.

I've got something on the way that I think should fit the bill just fine. Pretty excited.
Bingo. $3,000 per seat for a 25 year old Nissan is a bit ridiculous, and they wouldn't match the car at all.

I say hell yes to N1 ducts. Aero mirrors look rad, but Ganadors are so good. Lol I knew you'd be getting another pair, but I didn't think it would be THAT soon.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #3444
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
I vote for Recaro SR lll or lV. I have one in my coupe and you can't beat the quality and style.

Your car is very inspiring to me. I try to keep mine the simply way as well, as it's also my DD hahaa.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #3445
Amar 240sx

Amar 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Well, here is another mockup. The rear valence I got for this side is a dark green, so I didn't have to alter it in photoshop any- all I touched was the side skirt (made it black). I think it is going to look good, but I want the center section to go across the rear now.

I really hope to have this stuff in to paint by the end of the week and the hatch in somewhere for the glass install.
What lip, side skirts ,and rear skirts are those?
Amar 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:58 AM   #3446
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar 240sx View Post
What lip, side skirts ,and rear skirts are those?
Xenon front lip, OEM 180SX side skirts and rear valences.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-22-2016, 09:44 AM   #3447
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow that doesn't even look like the same car haha!

I think you need to source a 180sx rear hatch Nissan emblem
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #3448
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Checking in just to say it still sexy af.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #3449
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I think you need to source a 180sx rear hatch Nissan emblem
Eh, I have always thought that emblem looked a little out of place/cheesy on the car. The front is mandatory though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCesar! View Post
Checking in just to say it still sexy af.
Too kind, thank you!

__________________________________________________ ______

The end remainder of the summer has been very quiet around my garage and I expect this winter to be more of the same. The only real change I have made to the car since my last post is the addition of a pair of red Brix 1.5 seats and Bride MO seat rails. I loved the 180SX seats, but it is nice to have something a little more fun again. I think they pop just enough to give the car that extra something.

Not much else to report! I put a solid amount of miles on the car this summer including two trips to and from US Air in Wisconsin, about an 8.5 hour drive one way. I might try to perform some preventative maintenance this winter, but otherwise I don't really have any plans for the car. We'll see what happens but for now I plan to leave it alone and ride out the snow until nice weather returns to Michigan.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #3450
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How did the car perform on the trip? Any subtle hiccups?