Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My super slow build project!!! Pic heavy for now...

Okay first things first this is the car.

This is what she looked like day one. I got her for 4k with s14 sr20det/BBt28 swap, pmb coils, engine temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, boost gauge, 3 inch down to test and 3 in catback, z32 ront calipers and 4/5 rotors, with some knock off rims, 6 puck clutch, welded diff (of course) and we cant forget its 1990 goodness.

First thing i did was find a way for tuning so i grabbed the ecu and sent it to Australia for the nistune daughterboard.

so now that I can get her tuned cant tune without a wide band so installed me one and grabbed a shitty volt meter to fill the pod for now

after driving for a while I was tired of seeing my hands and having black on them so I stalked the forums and found a good deal on an nrg quick release /short hub and wheel for 225 so I jumped on it

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

The car was 100% covered in a thin thin layer of plasti-dip. It’s the bane of my existence, so I took a whole week to wd-40 / acetone the whole car and rub off the shitty dip job. One of the worst weeks in my life but now that she has a base coat I can paint her later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taBO9wkmeDU

So after looking at the rear end I decided to drop the rear subframe and replace all of the bushings, I did the rack and pinion, front and rear sways but no pics sorry here is the rear subframe out and pictures of the subframe bushings.

I am currently waiting for my finger to heal to push the bushings out and so I decided that I would try to pull out a dent … didn’t work…

While it is out I was looking for a set of 5 lug mb battels of course but found some old acura nsx rims for super cheap on the local craigslist

Well seeing that I spent what felt like an eternity peeling the car the rims has this weird ripple effect to the whole rim and I couldn’t figure out why it looked like the way it did. So I went to the store bought some paint stripper and when I got to it, I found out the top layer of paint was of course painted on top of …plasti dip….

So in couple of weeks the 5 lug hubs will be ordered pics to come…
In the mean time I found some s14 seats on craigslist for $150 so I snatched them up and put them, in to add some love to the inside!! I also grabbed up a new bezel that wasn’t all scratched up and had the shift boot adapter to add a shift boot to the ghetto shifter. (Guess I made I more ghetto with the crown bag lolz)

Old 02-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

23 Feb 16
Of first things first I (with my broken finger) went to use a press to push out the old bushings all of the arm where easy…..the knuckle/lower control arm not so much the arms went easy peasy put them on the press get them out, the others I had to break down and burn them out.. When trying to get the lowers out I had a brain fart and forgot that they were directional so after I started to sawzall the outer metal sleeve easily pushed them out.

Here is a pic of the arms done

Here is the bushes

I still have to finish the rear control arms to throw everything back together…. So close I can taste it…
So subframe I don’t have any buddys that work on cars or have anyone with common knowledge I had to lift my subfrabe up with 2 jacks… all alone

After I got it in that’s when I posted my bushing problem (http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=624299) and here is how I fixed it… so the subframe has the upside down cone washer well the cone washer wasn’t sucking the subframe up due to me taking the inner metal sleeve out so I followed this thread. http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=382213 and threw 2 washers under the bushes and sure enough canceling out the cone effect sucked it straight up to the frame.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

I also forgot to add that I replaced the steering column bushing/rubber. no pics though
Old 02-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
And I thought I have the slowest build on the board.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
And I thought I have the slowest build on the board.
Neither one of you do and no, I'm not boasting....

Yo BlackX, I couldn't stop laughing while watching the 'Plasti dip rant'

Keep on with the 240, you'll have it ready by summer.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

I'm almost there honestly all I need to do now is throw the last 4 lower control arm bushes in and get my 5 lub hubs and a paint job, and I'll be happy.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

25 Feb16

So instead of fucking with the holy shit hard bushes I decided that it was time for the rims to be introduced to some paint. I have 0 experience with paint other than plasti dip which was normally rather easy to use. So I removed all old paint, power washed and acetone the surface and wished the best. I taped off the tires and hopefully after they dry they will look sweet….I left the garage open to much on the first one so some dirt and sand hopped on the wet paint….

These where the first 3 and the last one.

My opinion is even if it looks terrible I did it for $30 and at least they don’t look wrinkled anymore. I think no matter what they will stay how they look just because they aren’t my dream rims any way. One day I will move up, gata live within my means.

Last edited by AnonymousBlackX; 02-25-2016 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: typo
AnonymousBlackX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 PM   #9
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Neither one of you do and no, I'm not boasting....
Keep up the good work.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

26Feb16
So fuck this guy, parked right behind his ass…At chipotle

I finished up the rear lca bushes today and tomorrow might just throw everything together….#WhyWidebody #LegDay

Old 02-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #11
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

26.5Feb16
So after like 4 hours of rocket league I was feeling a bit worthless so I grabbed all my new arms and knuckles and decided to mount everything back up. I just kept the old adjustments for the rims cause I Don’t know what I will have to do for the new ones yet. Now to wait for a 5 lug set up, I’m still weighing my options on that route…….here are the finished pics of the energy suspension install…I’ll do the front lowers when I have no time and break another finger lol.

Last edited by AnonymousBlackX; 02-26-2016 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: wrong date
Old 02-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #12
rangerjavi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
rangerjavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Wish you had more updates ����

Being a Floridian is a birth right!
rangerjavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:33 PM   #13
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I like your anti plastidip stance
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:11 AM   #14
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjavi View Post
Wish you had more updates ����
Don't know if sarcastic or serious....

I'm doing my best for my first build/project car,

FUCK PLASTI-DIP
Old 02-28-2016, 04:38 AM   #15
warningx

Trader Rating: (0)
warningx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wish I had stuff to even do to mine lol. I'm sitting here being broke and buying new wheels at the rate of one a paycheck looks good!
warningx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #16
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by warningx View Post
I wish I had stuff to even do to mine lol. I'm sitting here being broke and buying new wheels at the rate of one a paycheck looks good!
I got lucky and got my rims for $175 and paint/stripper and paint booth plastic for around $30. So new rims and paint for $200 I got lucky
Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #17
warningx

Nice. I'm doing a 5-lug conversion. Got the hubs/bearings and my wheels aren't stupid expensive, but not cheap either. And I'll have to run new tires and I'm doing a meaty 275/255 set up so they're not super cheap either. Lol. I'll have $2,100 in wheels/tires.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #18
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by warningx View Post
Nice. I'm doing a 5-lug conversion. Got the hubs/bearings and my wheels aren't stupid expensive, but not cheap either. And I'll have to run new tires and I'm doing a meaty 275/255 set up so they're not super cheap either. Lol. I'll have $2,100 in wheels/tires.
That's more than half of what I paid for my car....
Old 02-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #19
warningx

Same. lol. I got mine for $2,700
Old 02-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #20
yardy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
yardy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You're doing great bro, at least you have the weather, space to work and a car. Can't wait for it to warm up and go get mine to continue working on it. Keep up the great work bro.
yardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #21
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardy View Post
You're doing great bro, at least you have the weather, space to work and a car. Can't wait for it to warm up and go get mine to continue working on it. Keep up the great work bro.
Thanks appreciate the love, I need to relocate the fuse box wires in the wheel well befor they get eaten through, I might do it this week depending on the shipping on my 5 lug set up
Old 02-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #22
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

29 Feb 2016
So I looked under my wheel well making sure everything was okay and ready for the 5 lug. Well I noticed the my old tires had started to rub on the drivers side harness so.. time to tuck. I notched and zip tied both the ledges and hammered the corners in and flush so I wouldn’t cut into the harness. On top of that I wrapped the harnesses like 20 times to prevent any unwanted wear. I didn’t take the plastic wrap off the drivers side harness so I had to take it off the fender again and re wrap a little of the bottom but no showing wires. When I pulled the bumper and the fenders tried to push out the dent in the right front fender kidna worked… and the dog is for moral support.

I cannot wait to get a paint job…. Soon enough just did taxes yesterday… we shall see, felt like crying when cutting the frame….
Old 03-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #23
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

11Mar 16
So yesterday I finally got my spacers in for the rsx rims so I mounted them and got the car off the jacks. Today I went to jump start and it absolutely wouldn’t jump start. After taking a break I got it to turn on I grabbed a buddy and took it to Walgreens to let her charged grabbed some brews and went home. I put her in garage and shut her off hoping that the battery charged enough to turn her back on and as soon as I turned it off boom completely dead no gauges nothing. Last time I went and took her for a long ride it would at least so me what the low voltage is, but not this time she is dead I mean dead. So now I need to go trouble shoot electrical and ima hop over to the small question and star asking dumb questions till I figure it out.
Here are some photos of her new stance (LOL) and what she looks without plasti dip.

The hood is up due to the shitty latch not letting it go sometimes

Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #24
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

today I finally bought the same $125 battery and checked for a parasitic leak and nothing i guess my old battery just kicked the can. i am looking into tucking the fuse boxes we shall see
Old 04-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #25
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

17 apr 16
So a few weeks ago I bought a z32 maf and some nismo 740cc injectors I got the maf on and updated it in nistune so no problems….. well its running super lean now that the z32 maf is 3 in intake but I haven’t driven it and don’t plant to until I can get a new tune with the 740cc installed

Well I don’t know if I majorly screwed up or just have a long time investment but I was directed to a 240 by a friend the guy had a not working ka24de and stripped interior so I jumped on it for a couple hundred bucks. Here is what it looked like when I met it 5 hours outta town I was scared that I just fucked up big time..

Me and my right hand wifey started taking everything out of it and separated everything in 2 piles 1 keep, 2 trash we had wheel barrels full of trash, the hoonibro I bought it from has a few dumb stickers and the door panels rear seats gone and a bunch of rat shit….. this was after I cleared the hatch

From there w took the seats out with the plan of installing the ok ones that I had at the garage but I want to clean the carpets first or at least vacuum so we left it seat less and trashed the old ones

All the stuff I wanted to keep was left in the hatch with the spare shark nose. Both of the bumpers are bent oddly because they sat in a hot car for 3 years

After that I put the front fenders and pignose on and snapped a few pics.

So from here I need a radiator cause the old one was toast and full of rust and a new battery and a fuck ton of ka knowledge but the plan for the car is to get it running. That’s it get it running. Then instead of throwing my sr on the track I will learn on this one and chill. I might look for a new powerplant if this one is toast

End of post
Old 04-23-2016, 08:21 PM   #26
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

23Apr16
So today I decided I was going to try and turn over the half apart 240sx I went to fill the cooling system and get a new battery. Me and the wife vacuumed it out and got my old seats thrown in there and I started on the radiator.

When I got the new radiator in and started to fill it up I heard water coming out of the engine somewhere…. There is a massive hole in the crankcase right next to the motor mount..

GG Gents GG. So I think I’m going to try and source an engine and replace the ka24de with another one but this time I want it done right I am going to do the wiring and learn up on it. So for now I will wait till I can find a harness and engine I think I’ve found an engine but I want a new harness.
If you guys want the vlog of the day on it here it is https://youtu.be/e11bZFTbETs
END OF POST
Old 05-26-2016, 09:48 PM   #27
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

26 may 16
So the reason I have literally stopped all mods on the 240 is because my 100% passion motorcycles has beckoned me to spend more money >

I just bought this 2012 Wr450F and I just dropped 1500 bucks on going supermoto so here is a little of the recent art I have found around ABQ and the new rims on their way… Enjoy

I bought other parts aka ecu, pipe and ignition all this will be on the channel if you are interested
Youtube.com/AnonymousBlackX

END OF POST
Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #28
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

10 Jul 16
I know this isn’t 240 related but this has been taking like 90% of my time and here is the finished product, So one day I started at 4 am and half ass finished at 3pm. (I’m a slow worker), this is what was done. Full coolant flush alongside an oil flush (did it 2 times) and replace both with better oil/coolant. Then went to the trail tech vapor, put in the engine temp sensor and the power and tach then moved onto the speedo. From there installed the new fork guards and exhaust from the header back. After the exhaust I moved into the new rims and brake relocation bracket, the rims took me the longest by far due to the 5 inch rear… PAIN IN THE ASS… then in the middle I rolled my ankle tripping over my ratchet still hurts today and this was about 2 weeks ago… so here are some loving pics of my new 2012 wr450F/SM

Thanks for looking!!
END OF POST
Old 06-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #29
KojiKP

Trader Rating: (3)
KojiKP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Love the WR! I sold my CRF450SM last year and am now looking into a WR.
KojiKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #30
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

15 july 16
Hey guys as you know I am a giant avid for motorcycles and all I do is 240sx and bikes everything…. That being said I have been all over the place these past 2 day and just thought I would throw some craziness in for comical fun….. So the goal for these past 2 day where to post my red Honda 919 up for trade for a Honda Grom right? All I wanted to do is get my wife a bike to ride with me. So after I posted my 919 I saw a post for a 2007 xt225 so I instantly asked if he would trade for my 919 and he said no of course so I just waited everything out, a few hours later I got a text form a number asking if I would trade my 919 for a 2006 Suzuki RMZ 450. I was like yeah (thinking I could trade for the xt225) of course the xt225 guy wanted the RMZ so I set everything in motion…..so I thought. After work the day before I was supposed to trade for the RMZ I went to look at the XT225. It was in the absolute worst condition bike I’ve seen in my life.. The WHOLE bike top to bottom was scratched and torn up. I mean like unrepairable gouges to the engine. So I wasn’t about to trade this clean as fuck RMZ for the XT225 . Well after I look at the RMZ we waited another day to do the trade so I could get some bill of sales. Going back to the initial reason for posting the 919 I had no bike for my wife and was running in a circle. Well later that evening I get a call from a guy who is interested in my 2007 r6. I have had like 30+ people offer payments and low balled the shit out of me and I wasn’t even wanting to sell it so I didn’t care if it sold or not. So I wasn’t budging much on the price. Well the guy looks at it and instantly tells me that he wants the bike and we set up a time to transfer the title. The next morning we do the title thing and I made 1800 over what my loan had so I checked Craigslist one more time for a Grom and another XT225…. I found one a XT225 3 hours away in Farmington, conveniently enough he wanted 1900 after a little bit of talking he said he would take 1800…. FUCK YES that means a bike for my wife. So we got a loan for her to build some credit. After a 3 hour drive we see this Pristine XT225 so we pay the man and head home. Now back to the RMZ, we meet up and we do the trade…..

Overall I sold the r6 just to buy an Xt225 for my wife and traded my ole faithful 919 for a RMZ 450… It was crazy and fun but time to get back into the 240SX.. If you got this far thanks for reading hope you enjoyed

If you want to stay posted om my craziness go watch my vids….
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj3...uMIHGjJTmH7igA
End Of Post

Last edited by AnonymousBlackX; 07-15-2016 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: forgot picture