Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Air Cup Coilover Addons

While reading the Speedhunters Article on the Bensopra 380sx build (here if you havent seen it)-> http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/...ensopra-380sx/ I got super intrigued by the use of 'air cups' over the adjustable coilovers the car is running. The article claimed that they were for increasing stability on high speed runs at the Nardo Ring, however after looking at the Roberuta air cups in particular that the 380sx runs I found the primary use is the modern supercar-esque 'lifter system' for increasing front ride height when dealing with speed bumps and the like. Ive personally never been a fan of air suspension on S-chassis and the rarity of our cars running on bags seems to echo that sentiment. Its interesting to me personally because the biggest claim of these air cups is that they dont affect performance or the normal operation of the coilover because they are not activated (thus they dont have air in them) during normal driving, only when you encounter some obstacle like a speed bump or a steep incline, or when loading onto a trailer. It seems you can get full kits relatively inexpensively https://www.stanceparts.com/product/...it-front-rear/ while there are a couple kits that run in the $2000+ range all the way up to the Roberuta kits nearing $20k for some applications.

I bring this up because it seems like its still a fairly new modification, or at least a semi-affordable one. At least one kit seems to still be in a beta stage as well. I also think this would be a fairly useful mod for our cars, seeing as a lot of us run pricey fiberglass bumpers or splitters that arent exactly obstacle friendly. It could also increase the usability of slammed cars, as 3 or so inches of lift when needed could save frame rails/exhausts every so often while still maintaining the #framebanggang look.

All that being said, anyone have any personal experience running these, or know anyone with a setup like this? Really looking into this as a possibility for my own build, just looking to see some other thoughts on it.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links