Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #151
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are you guys running solid mount on engine/tranny ? Maybe a reason why you guys get vibration ?!?

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #152
loucal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
loucal has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'll be on nismo mounts all around. Not a fan of solid mounts. Will let you know how it feels once its all back together.

-Lou
loucal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #153
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by loucal View Post
I'll be on nismo mounts all around. Not a fan of solid mounts. Will let you know how it feels once its all back together.

-Lou
I'm on stock mounts. Fresh motor mounts up front and reused the stock trans mount.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #154
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
maverickmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
Drove to work today. Clutch chatter is definitely more noticeable. Also in getting a fair amount of vibration on the freeway around 2500-3k rpms. I don't think it's bad just a side effect of the large trans in a tight tunnel
We noticed this vibration with the R&D car(joes car).

There are a few spots where the transmission will lightly touch the tunnel and cause a vibration. It depends on motor mounts but with a small amount of hammering you can get the noise to quiet down quite a bit.

Sr to VQ transmission adapter, dual caliper brackets, high angle tensions rods, and more!

http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/collections/all
maverickmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #155
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
On my set-up ill be running most likely a stock tranny mount and a set of ForcedFab engine mount up front ! Ill make sure to double check the tranny to tunnel clearence

I also have a question ! My tranny need 1 / 2 and 3 gear with the synchros . Do you guys have a good place to buy those parts ?

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #156
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i've always had solid engine and trans mounts on my sr (billet blocks with a hole through the middle) so i'm not expecting any more vibration than I already have haha.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #157
loucal
Leaky Injector

Anyone want to post there Speedo solutions? Not a fan of the GPS setup. I'd like my Speedometer to actually function.

-Lou
Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #158
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

They already been discussed. Dakota digital converter is really you best choice for oem functionality.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #159
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Just got a 06 z33 tranny for 250$ today ... i wont need to rebuilt my orher one in a rush to drive my car !

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #160
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Nice pickup! Going with george's adapter?
Old 04-13-2014, 12:20 AM   #161
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Yeah for 250$ i took a chance on the tranny ! Its not a cd009 but it will do thw job

I have the autotech motorsport adaptor plate ! Just waiting on my friend to machine the bellhousing

My first trany is a cd009 and im pretty sure it needs a rebuilt (syncro on the 2 and 3 gear ar use in * / * compare to * < * )! This new one looks alot lile my first one (syncro) but ill just slap it on and see if i can drive it lile that for abit !

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #162
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

600 miles later and the concentric slave failed.
I used a brand new nissan slave when installing the trans and somehow it has failed already. 0 clutch pedal pressure and I can see clutch fluid seeping out of the bell housing.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #163
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Great... Now I have something to look forward to when I do my trans swap :'(

Do you think you got a bad slave? The only upgraded slave i know of is like 400 dollars!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #164
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (63)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
This is the internal slave your peaking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #165
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Yes i havent taken the time to pull it apart yet, but it has fluid leaking from the bell housing seam, that is clear as the clutch fluid i put in. And i can see it surge when my friend pushes the clutch pedal. 0 pedal pressure, has to be manually pumped.

I found a zspeed one for about $200, which looks to be the only option for a CSC to work with aftermarket pressure plates.

Last edited by ultimateirving; 04-24-2014 at 09:39 AM..
ultimateirving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #166
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Yeah I think that might be the one I found also. I really don't want to have to spend that much on a slave cylinder! Ugh... I guess i'll see how long my oem one lasts...
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #167
battosaii930
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
battosaii930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ouch that sucks, so far so good for me im not having any problems other then my tranny being a noisy bitch lol but im just complaining cause ive been spoiled by the comfort of luxury german cars man im getting old!

no leaks no issiues other then noise, when idling in neutral the throw out bearing has a high pitch sound if i slightly press the clutch it gets a bit louder and if i fully press the clutch the sound goes away completely and i chatter like a mofo but thats normal for a non dual mass flywheel.

im glad i went with the external slave set up i dont have to drop my tranny if i have slave issues but that sucks ultimate let us know how it goes
battosaii930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #168
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
maverickmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Yes i havent taken the time to pull it apart yet, but it has fluid leaking from the bell housing seam, that is clear as the clutch fluid i put in. And i can see it surge when my friend pushes the clutch pedal. 0 pedal pressure, has to be manually pumped.

I found a zspeed one for about $200, which looks to be the only option for a CSC to work with aftermarket pressure plates.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/recall-no...e-t306435.html

They recalled certain VIN ranges on those.

Either way the OEM one is made of plastic and is pretty weak. Apparently the 350z/370z community is having issues with them as well.

Sr to VQ transmission adapter, dual caliper brackets, high angle tensions rods, and more!

http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/collections/all
maverickmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #169
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Anyone tried and successfully removed the transmission after it has been installed. I gotta replace my CSC and haven't gathered the energy to start pulling everything back out. I just paid to have the a/c recharged before it failed.

So I'm trying to see if anyone has been able to jack up the car loosen the engine mounts and remove the z33 trans without pulling the whole engine.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:25 AM   #170
battosaii930
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Anyone tried and successfully removed the transmission after it has been installed. I gotta replace my CSC and haven't gathered the energy to start pulling everything back out. I just paid to have the a/c recharged before it failed.

So I'm trying to see if anyone has been able to jack up the car loosen the engine mounts and remove the z33 trans without pulling the whole engine.
what i do with the a/c is i just losen the ac belt and pull it off the compressor pully then i just unbolt the compressor from the engine and leave it in the engine bay when i pull the motor that way i dont have to mess with the a/c

now being able to pull and reinstall the tranny w/o pulling the engine im not sure let me know how that goes and if you run into issues etc
Old 05-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #171
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
http://forums.nicoclub.com/recall-no...e-t306435.html

They recalled certain VIN ranges on those.

Either way the OEM one is made of plastic and is pretty weak. Apparently the 350z/370z community is having issues with them as well.

Hmm, I wonder if my trans would fall under that being that it came off an 08 z. Is there a vin on the trans that I could run?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #172
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hmm, I wonder if my trans would fall under that being that it came off an 08 z. Is there a vin on the trans that I could run?
Yes follow the link and it guides you to the vin check, but by 08 it was corrected(supposedly)
I still think the current Z owners have issues with the OEM units when going with heavier than OEM pressure plates.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #173
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

So pretty much most aftermarket sr20 pressure plates will be heavier than the oem Z plate...

Thinking I should have held out for an external slave trans...
Old 05-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #174
norcalta

norcalta is an unknown quantity at this point
Right now I have the 4.08 rear end still in but have a 3.90 j30 with abs sensor and Dakota digital right now waiting to go in I've been lagging mainly because I want a turbo and if I don't get a turbo before i swap rears the car might slow down a little and i just love the way it feels with the 6speed. At 65mph i turn 3000 rpms in 6th
norcalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #175
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

That's not even that bad idk why you want to go to a taller rear end. Might have to run at 4k on the freeway but I do it all the time anyways.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #176
konjiki7

konjiki7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Throw out bearing question

Has anyone been able to use a longer rod with the 350z throwout bearing?

I'm just about to startup my sr20ve-t build...

How much longer was the slave cylinder rod extended?
konjiki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #177
Upetr

Upetr is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah - I am using a longer rod but I can't tell you exactly how much longer. It was probably in the region of just over an inch.

You could also get a longer bearing carrier compared to the sr20det one which is 24mm. I got a 30mm one (from Nissan) but I am not taking the box off just for that since I have been driving it fine for a while now.
Upetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #178
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Well i pulled out the old concentric slave, it did have a tear in the rubber part. Not sure how it tore/burst but i replaced it with another new CSC. Got the engine reinstalled into the car and thats where i left it for the night.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #179
loucal
Leaky Injector

Hoping to have mine up and running this weekend! Will keep you all posted.

It was hell trying to get the motor and trans in with this bigger trans.

-Lou
Old 05-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #180
battosaii930
Leaky Injector

awesome ultimate glad you got it fixed.

Lou yea it is a pain to get the engine mounts to drop in place with the larger tranny but glad you got it done im happy people are doing this swap!

now as for me i was messing with the 2 step fuction on the AEM and i have a good set up but im not able to use it at the moment because i just dont want to have a switch to activate the 2 step but the AEM EMS has an option to activate the 2 step depending on the vehicle speed, basicly i can have it set up to only be activate at a certain speed or below im going for 0-4mph but for that to work i need my speedo to work so i guess you guys know what that means.

Tomorrow im going to stop being lazy and attempt the Dakota Digital install with pictures and lots of info on how i did it. if i am successful hell maybe a burn out video!