Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:19 PM   #9361
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I could take him.

I'm even wearing a Havana Peach polo today!!

That article is 4 years old. I know he still owns it. I doubt it is the same as it was in the article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #9362
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah! Two most active and entertaining threads on Zilvia...

DIW - basically trashing talking 240sx and the "community" of Hooligans destroying them.

Future - Basically talking about anything NOT 240sx!
Yep, these two are basically the only threads I check, along with DIR every now and then.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #9363
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hey, why not!

With 63 miles on it...

Cobra life.

At least it did it where I could enjoy a cool breeze, running water and some shade on this 90 degree day.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #9364
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i still kinda sorta want a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost... but yeah, im buying a house soooooo thats not happening for another 20 years hahhahah. would be nice to have a brand new car with like 8 miles on it, but honestly anymore i cant see myself buying something new for the most part. i guess i just view it as a waste of money that i couldve dumped into go fast bits on a clean used car thats 1/4 of the price

id just be happy with another IS300 in blue... i totalled my black IS300 back in March stupid fucking anti-lock brakes!!! at the moment im stuck with my 03 Protege5 as my daily.

though im still curious as to what nissan is going to do with the next Z...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #9365
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Damn Corbic what happened?

I hope Nissan sticks the new VR30DDTT in the Z. The 400 HP one. Bump it up to 435 Lower the N/a price to 25K. Turbo price 29K for the base, lots of factory options, aero, brakes, paint, etc. Boom instant seller.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #9366
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
A Tesla would never urinate in public.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #9367
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

I hope Nissan sticks the new VR30DDTT in the Z. The 400 HP one. Bump it up to 435 Lower the N/a price to 25K. Turbo price 29K for the base, lots of factory options, aero, brakes, paint, etc. Boom instant seller.
I'd be on that like a fat kid on cake.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #9368
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It appears that he was running over a crowd and a stray appendage snagged a coolant line.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #9369
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
It appears that he was running over a crowd and a stray appendage snagged a coolant line.
Got a baby lodged in the radiator.

Well, gassed up at Costco, took off down the road and smelled coolant. Being a new car and super modified and being paranoid me, I immediately pulled into that lot and popped the hood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YyI8mToY1c

And it proceeded to leak out...
Old 06-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #9370
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
It has a new owner, therefore it must try to gain dominance and proceeded to mark it's territory.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:32 PM   #9371
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
You need a Henry.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #9372
Corbic
Post Whore!

Overnighted some parts from JaPennsylvania.

Got the hookup for a Mitsimoto radiator from AM. Hopefully it will be here Friday or Saturday .

Midnight Madness is next weekend. Need to be ready.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #9373
Matej
Post Whore!

The fact that your Mustang Cobra Terminator* wetted the road after only 63 miles of ownership is sad. I am very surprised that this could happen to the greatest car ever made.

However, A+ for parking across two spaces.

*Did Ford crowdsource a classroom of preschoolers to name these cars and then they just went with all of the coolest names?
Old 06-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #9374
Corbic
Post Whore!

"Executive stylist John Najjar, who was a fan of the World War II P-51 Mustang fighter plane, is credited by Ford to have suggested the name. Najjar co-designed the first prototype of the Ford Mustang known as Ford Mustang I in 1961, working jointly with fellow Ford stylist Philip T. Clark"

My understanding is he presented the name and the management immediately locked on too it. However they saw visions of the free running Mustangs of the Wild West and not the airplane.

By 1963 the whole "aero space age" thing was coming to an end. Cars lost their rocket-ship fenders, cool space names like "Galaxy", "Skyliner"etc.

I'd rather a car have a name, even a bad name, over some alphabet soup.

Mazda Protege sounds better the "3".

Challenger sounds better then IS350

Viper is better then GT-R.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:42 AM   #9375
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
In short names sound better than numbers. Naming a car after its literage is lazy to me. I think viper, mustang, cobra, Camaro, cayenne all sound better than 370z, G37, Q45. Is350 etc.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #9376
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Cobra life.
This wouldn't have happened if you'd never owned a 240SX. It's the 240SX curse that will follow you until your end.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #9377
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
In short names sound better than numbers. Naming a car after its literage is lazy to me. I think viper, mustang, cobra, Camaro, cayenne all sound better than 370z, G37, Q45. Is350 etc.
Quote:
If you gentlemen say so. I think most car names are extremely tacky. Even worse when they are ill-fitting of the car.

Unless it is a Suzuki Every Joypop Turbo or Isuzu Mysterious Utility Wizard.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #9378
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
how about a Daihatsu Naked? It's a little shaggin wagon and Daihatsu ain't even afraid to admit it. We need more car names like this.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #9379
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
corbic, did you get rid of your 911 / subaru hybrid?! I was thoroughly enjoying that thread on nasioc
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #9380
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovation View Post
corbic, did you get rid of your 911 / subaru hybrid?! I was thoroughly enjoying that thread on nasioc

Yup. Fuck that noise! Lol.

That engine is for sale for $1,200.

Guy made me an offer on the roller, I tried to keep a straight face and took his money....

And bought a 600whp Cobra that honestly handles just as good as the 911 did, has as nice an interior, is just as rare and is appreciating as well.

Conversion earlier this week.

Friend: Is it hard to drive?
Me: uh yeahhhh
Friend: is it twitchy?
Me: no, but have you ever tried driving with a throbbing erection?

Car is visceral and intimidating.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #9381
Corbic
Post Whore!

Before the radiator popped. 12mpg on 93 Octane.

I had been hoping to get a GoPro and make videos this weekend. Oh well, dropped $600s on a AEM wideband, Radiator and thermostat.

Midnight Madness next weekend.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #9382
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Some dude with a 1200hp 03 Cobra chastised me over xbox live a couple weeks ago for calling it a Terminator. I had always thought that all 03/04 Cobras could be referred to as Terminators, but apparently that is wrong.

He said a proper Terminator is only an 03/04 that has been swapped with a Lightning truck engine or block? That's news to me...

Idk I still call them all Termi's lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:58 PM   #9383
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Never heard that. Terminator was what svt codenamed the car.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #9384
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Some dude with a 1200hp 03 Cobra chastised me over xbox live a couple weeks ago for calling it a Terminator. I had always thought that all 03/04 Cobras could be referred to as Terminators, but apparently that is wrong.

He said a proper Terminator is only an 03/04 that has been swapped with a Lightning truck engine or block? That's news to me...

Idk I still call them all Termi's lol.

What!

Smack that lying bitch in the face!

The 2003-2004 Cobra program had the code name Terminator which was drawn from the movie Terminator 2.

The lighting motor is an absolute piece of fucking shit.

The car was a pure labor of love by the SVT team and an amazing internal battle at Ford. Executives didn't want to waste money on the T56 nor forged internals. SVT won, bean counters lost.

Quote:
Debuting in the spring of 2002, the 2003 Cobra came with a supercharged, 32-valve DOHC, 4.6-liter V8 engine rated at 390 hp and 390 lb·ft of torque.

Code-named "Terminator" by the SVT development crew led by John Coletti, numerous improvements were made to the powertrain and driveline to handle the power increase from the previous model's set-up. A cast-iron block was used, instead of the previous Teksid aluminum unit. The engine has stronger internals including forged Zolner pistons and Manley H-beam connecting rods that were modified with a wrist pin oiling hole by the SVT engineers. These upgrades were critical in order to support the 8 psi (0.55 bar) of boost delivered from the stock Eaton M-112 roots-type supercharger. Other improvements included the use of a lightweight aluminum flywheel connected to a Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission, 3.55:1 rear axle ratio, and stronger 31-spline halfshafts with revised upper and lower control arms.

These modifications enabled the Cobra to go 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and do the quarter mile in 12.67 seconds at 110.11 mph. Although electronically-governed to a top speed of 155 mph, a factory-stock Terminator Cobra can reach a top speed of just under 180 mph if the governor is removed.
It's a factory built engine with basically top self forged aftermarket internals.

This is why 14 years later the cars are still holding their own.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #9385
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
How many guys have you pulled with the stang so far? Far more than a 240 I assume..
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:29 AM   #9386
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
How many guys have you pulled with the stang so far? Far more than a 240 I assume..

Once it's running again the Cobra will be gapping bitches like it works for Brazzers.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #9387
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

And bought a 600whp Cobra that honestly handles just as good as the 911 did, .

Wait, what?
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #9388
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Wait, what?

Ever driven an air-cooled 911?

It's torsion suspension that was designed back in the early 60's and is comparable to a Volkswagen Beetle.

The 1985's wheel base dates back to 1969, so the Cobra has a good 10 years of advancement on it with its 1979 chassis!

Jokes aside,

Cobras have a unique steering rack that is tighter and firmer. They also have 9" wheels up front and 275 tires.... Massive.

My car is also lowered with suspension mods.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #9389
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You are going to start getting some fat sweaty dude asking you to trade for his beat up truck at ever gas station. He proceed to will say he has plans to swap your motor into his truck, then you will wake up at a shitty motel one morning with the motor gone, and will have to see a real life lemon party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 AM   #9390
Corbic
Post Whore!

Some terminology clarification...