Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #9121
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You've obviously never worked on cars....
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #9122
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Dear lord,

If my takata airbags explode, please let them cut my jugular, and not my face, as that is how i make my money

Also please make big anime tiddies real

Amen
Anime titty airbags.

No scratch that. Once they deflate, they'll look like 90 yr old knee warmers.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:38 PM   #9123
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
This poor weeb. Lol
Old 05-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #9124
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Also, pushrods rev plenty high when not stroked to hell and back. The low stroke/displacement LS variants rev at least as high as the inline engines we're used to, they simply don't put out the insane numbers without the displacement.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #9125
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Anime titty airbags.

No scratch that. Once they deflate, they'll look like 90 yr old knee warmers.

Your getting it all wrong fam, in a perfect world with tig anime bitties, no one would age, or if they did, they theoretically would be replaced so it would be a non issue

Got my imaginary harem all planned out, one prayer at a time, my life is obviously very good, as you can tell

I mean i thought of including these perfectly non-sarcastic details in my perfectly rational and serious prayer example , but you know, thought it was implied.

Problem is y"all are a bunch if midlife crisis geezers who are probably like 3-4 years away from divorce and eventual societal castration. If i had more of my demographic here, we could joke more, people would be more chill, but thats impossible, because my whole demographic are fuckbois. So i have to hang out in this purgatory with very serious elderly people who are very serious about they"re contributions to 240 ideology, yet feel the need to hypocritically insult it in a thread about all the new pushrod cars they would rather own. You all want to be iconoclasts to the very culture you have identified with, yet seem to remain in, despite your muttered diatribes about how much better new cars are

Waiting for that espirit de nissan dudes

Sincerely,

Kashira, head of kawaii research and obvious Japanese language proficiency
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #9126
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Had no idea mid 30s was elderly. Well shit, might as well make an appointment with the nursing home since I'm almost dead.
I have no engine preferences. As long as it makes a nice noise, goes fast, and disrupts Al Gore's chakras, I'm down.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #9127
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Also don't wish i was Japanese, i like being tall, blonde,and having a big dick.
American car guy in Japan:
-Joined the armed forces to meet Asian girls
-Stationed in Okinawa, the Florida/Detroit of Japan; does not matter, still Japan
-Dating a really mediocre girl whom the native guys would not date; does not matter, still Asian
-Drives a broken down Sil80, R32, or Hachi Roku (he actually calls it Hachi Roku)
-Life is great

Substitute Germany and wrecking a ratty old BMW on the Nurburgring for an American car guy in Europe.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #9128
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
-dude above has never experienced any of his bullet points and thinks he knows his way around life
-DIW
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:45 AM   #9129
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If we had more of your demographic here we'd be nearly as bad as all the Facebook groups. This place is on life support as it is. We don't need that shit.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:50 AM   #9130
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Your getting it all wrong fam, in a perfect world with tig anime bitties, no one would age, or if they did, they theoretically would be replaced so it would be a non issue

Got my imaginary harem all planned out, one prayer at a time, my life is obviously very good, as you can tell

I mean i thought of including these perfectly non-sarcastic details in my perfectly rational and serious prayer example , but you know, thought it was implied.

Problem is y"all are a bunch if midlife crisis geezers who are probably like 3-4 years away from divorce and eventual societal castration. If i had more of my demographic here, we could joke more, people would be more chill, but thats impossible, because my whole demographic are fuckbois. So i have to hang out in this purgatory with very serious elderly people who are very serious about they"re contributions to 240 ideology, yet feel the need to hypocritically insult it in a thread about all the new pushrod cars they would rather own. You all want to be iconoclasts to the very culture you have identified with, yet seem to remain in, despite your muttered diatribes about how much better new cars are

Waiting for that espirit de nissan dudes

Sincerely,

Kashira, head of kawaii research and obvious Japanese language proficiency
Holy shit this is pretty funny. I can't say for sure one way or the other if you are joking or not. But either way it's funny.

Cars are heavier now. Cars are better now. Doesn't mean old cars aren't cool though. Trust us kid.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #9131
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If we had more of your demographic here we'd be nearly as bad as all the Facebook groups. This place is on life support as it is. We don't need that shit.

For the first time we agree on something.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #9132
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
For the first time we agree on something.
Samesies. Lol
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #9133
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The S-Chassis FB group is Zilvia 3.0. You offer good info that 30 seconds on Google could confirm, and you get shit like "no that's wrong do this" then the kid seeking advice blows their car up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #9134
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That's the reason I got off of fb after like 8 years.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #9135
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
The S-Chassis FB group is Zilvia 3.0. You offer good info that 30 seconds on Google could confirm, and you get shit like "no that's wrong do this" then the kid seeking advice blows their car up.
Sounds like automotive darwinism to me. Fuck em. Let em destroy their shit.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #9136
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The problem is that they blow their shit up then move onto another s chassis. In the time I've had one car they will have destroyed 7.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #9137
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The problem is that they blow their shit up then move onto another s chassis. In the time I've had one car they will have destroyed 7.
This. As someone considers themselves as an actual s chassis enthusiast I hate the thought of so many needlessly being destroyed.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #9138
Corbic
Post Whore!

The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
This. As someone considers themselves as an actual s chassis enthusiast I hate the thought of so many needlessly being destroyed.

Then they brag about how dedicated they are for having owned 7 cars...

I also see guys talk about how they have built and popped 6-8 SRs or KAs.

If you pop just ONE you are doing it wrong!!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #9139
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Then they brag about how dedicated they are for having owned 7 cars...

I also see guys talk about how they have built and popped 6-8 SRs or KAs.

If you pop just ONE you are doing it wrong!!
I've popped 2 KAs and 1 SR. Headgasket, rodknock, and ringlands+rodnock in that order.

Come at me bro.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #9140
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
I've popped 2 KAs and 1 SR. Headgasket, rodknock, and ringlands+rodnock in that order.

Come at me bro.

Get your shit tuned right.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #9141
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Get your shit tuned right.
First one water pump blew on my way to work. I tried to limp it to the gas station after it started overheating to get some water. Barely blew the headgasket but bubbles are bubbles.

Second one was the replacement engine. Completely machined and rebuilt and fresh, out of a parts car. Except the shop (or previous owner) sucked ass and it rod knocked itself while spirited driving. Actually not my fault.

Third one was the SR. Too much boost, actual lack of tuning, completely my fault. Who cares about timing when your AFRs are on point. I ran around on 3 cylinders for a little bit until it died from oil starvation. It's getting rebuilt.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:44 AM   #9142
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/05/24/m...hance-opinion/

Just an opinion but one that's probably spot on.

Man that's a such a good looking concept.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:48 AM   #9143
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Is there some unwritten law that requires all concept cars to look like Hot Wheels?
Old 05-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #9144
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I love the idea of another rotary, just seems impractical in todays world though. It would need to have

-decent gas mileage
-decent reliability*
-make in the high 300's or low 400's in hp
-pass all the government emissions tests

That does not sound like a cheap car to produce as it would likely have to have $$$$ worth of tech in it.

*I know prior to the RX8 the wankels reliability is hotly debated some saying yes others no. I am not arguing it is not. I am more saying it cannot be like the Rx8 was in terms of being reliable.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #9145
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
*I know prior to the RX8 the wankels reliability is hotly debated some saying yes others no. I am not arguing it is not. I am more saying it cannot be like the Rx8 was in terms of being reliable.

The original NA cars had solid reliability... For the 80's.

People don't want to do maintenance on their cars and a Rotary's require oil to be added.

It's part of the process and their is no way around it. Adding/Burning oil is always a red flags to consumers.

Notice how 4 strokes have replaced 2 strokes in power sports and lawn equipment.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #9146
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Rotaries are totally reliable if you aren't a lazy idiot. If you are a lazy idiot they are ticking bombs.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #9147
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
The original NA cars had solid reliability... For the 80's.

People don't want to do maintenance on their cars and a Rotary's require oil to be added.

It's part of the process and their is no way around it. Adding/Burning oil is always a red flags to consumers.

Notice how 4 strokes have replaced 2 strokes in power sports and lawn equipment.
To some extent, 2 stroke is still king in the snowmobile world. They even have direct injection 2 stroke now that have a type of exhaust valve.

The lawn equipment thing though had a lot more to do with emissions. The EPA forced manufacturers hands about 5 years ago, that's why a lot just went to building electric instead of redesigning almost every engine they have.
Quote:

Old 05-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #9148
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
To some extent, 2 stroke is still king in the snowmobile world. They even have direct injection 2 stroke now that have a type of exhaust valve.

The lawn equipment thing though had a lot more to do with emissions. The EPA forced manufacturers hands about 5 years ago, that's why a lot just went to building electric instead of redesigning almost every engine they have.
This, 2-stroke isn't bad at all if you completely disregard emissions.its a very cool and unique engine setup. To bad we can't have 2-stroke car engines in the modern era. There was a time when two stroke was much superior for power and shit when it came to bikes. I don't know if that still would apply to modern four strokes, as we have come pretty far. no one has really worked on two stroke design to the same level as four stroke, since they sorta petered out in the late 70's in bikes and stuff.

Maybe y'all don't love that 2-stroke action because you have only experienced it in bikes and chainsaws and shit. We have this kickass old Detroit semi truck at my parents farm, Its a super-Turbo V8 two stroke. It is the best sounding engine I have ever heard, hands down. It is pretty damn powerful too.

Smokes like a MOFO though
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #9149
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

2 Stroke is alive and kicking in dirt bikes, but it has seen better days. I would not call the new Semi-DI 2 strokes in snowmobiles clean, but supposedly they actually do really well when compared to some of the mid 90s 4 strokes. 2 Stroke by its very nature will be dirty because you are lubing stuff with fuel/oil that gets burned, and by its nature it will also be more powerful overall because it has more power strokes at the same RPM. I would like to see full EFI with a system that can keep lubrication oil out of the combustion chamber. It looks like Honda might be working on just that. Though I doubt we will see that in anything like a RWD car.
Quote:

Old 05-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #9150
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Anybody noticed the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 powertrain?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/resea...rtandhp#page=2

Dual charged, 2.0 4cyl makes 400hp and, get this, 470ft lb of torque! The perfect engine swap for a BRZ/FRS.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote