Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #61
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
rip, my condolences to the families.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #62
Sideways~S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Sideways~S14 is making a name for him/her selfSideways~S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sideways~S14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnys14 View Post

Alex/DirtyOldMan (left)
R.I.P. To Alex and Ej and the Young girl. Its terrible to hear and None of them deserved to die. But the man in the middle of this photo gets to live for the rest of his life with the guilt
Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #63
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Two teens in a district right next to mine were killed last night in a car accident. It's just absolutely shocking, tragic.

I can't even imagine what all of the victims' families are going through.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #64
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
What a shitty event. =/

My personal rule during canyon runs (with passengers): Shift at 5k, and if the tires complain, I'm going too fast. It works out well.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #65
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Sad for the 3 passengers, Fuck the stupid ass driving, I bet he regrets trying to be a badass
Old 11-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #66
nu_born
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ah man...weak - didn't know DirtyOldMan personally never-the-less he was a fellow Zilvian and a member of this community. May he and the unfortunate souls that went with him rest in piece.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #67
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Why can't these kids just keep it off the street??? 3 unnecessary deaths.

This needs to be an example for every young kid on this forum.

DO NOT INVOLVE YOURSELF IN ANY ILLEGAL STREET RACING. Just be safe on the roads.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #68
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
sad to hear, that girl didnt deserve to die for riding with a wreckless driver. =(
Keep it off the streets, if you must do it, then go alone and dont bring your friends along to impress them.

I agree with that last part. I mean I run the canyon almost everyday and I am by myself and will run it pretty hard if there isnt much traffic but even then most times i take it easy just because Im affraid of someone heading the otherway and freaking out and turning into me. If I am ever driving with a girl in my car and want to impress her ill get on it a little but nothing more than like 10 or 15 over. They still think its wicked fast. lol
Sorry to hear about your hommies T.
Drive safe all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
What a shitty event. =/

My personal rule during canyon runs (with passengers): Shift at 5k, and if the tires complain, I'm going too fast. It works out well.
Perfect rule
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #69
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
RIP, my heart goes out to their families and friends. This is sad, I almost wrecked it with a few of my friends in my own car, since then I have never ever driven hard on canyons with passengers. It's not worth risking my fun for someone else's life.

I hope this thread will be a reminder to me and everyone else reading that they should always think about what the consequences are for reckless driving.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #70
pinky121388
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
pinky121388 is making a name for him/her selfpinky121388 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn, this is sad. RIP to the 3 that died.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #71
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Man this is to sad!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #72
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ppl just need to learn

hooked up and modified cars wont make u an awesome driver
experience and knowledge is.

condolences to the families. rip to the victims.

let this be a lesson to everyone. do NOT street race or take advantage of speed especially with passengers in the vehicle. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK....and save a life!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #73
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
People really do need to learn......
Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #74
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Crazy, I just met these kids at the hella norcal BBQ,
Hey Sean was this the white hatch with the carbon flares? If so I took hella pics of it. and I almost bought that silvia front off Alex not too long ago. Sucks to see such cool people go.

RIP Alex and the others that lost their lives.
We all need to realize how fragile we are. And how quickly we can be taken away.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 AM   #75
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Z32TT-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Crazy, I just met these kids at the hella norcal BBQ,
Hey Sean was this the white hatch with the carbon flares? If so I took hella pics of it. and I almost bought that silvia front off Alex not too long ago. Sucks to see such cool people go.
the white 240 hatch with carbon flares was marks car but he was driving ej's wrx which he crashed with the other 3 in the car, mark/driver only survivor

Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #76
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32TT-R View Post
And i was just wit Alex n Mark fri night before all this, so sad man cant believe it, we will hopefully be trying to finish Alex's car to enter it in wek' fest as what was planned since we were discussing it fri night.. RIP Alex,EJ, and Nan all will be dearly missed, as for others keep it on the track please

Alex's RB 240
Wow thats his car? I didn't recognize the screen name, but I sure do recognize the car. I do remember seeing a lot of his post. RIP
Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #77
norcal_black240
Zilvia Addict

norcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to norcal_black240 Send a message via MSN to norcal_black240
RIP. Didn't know him but I've seen his car around.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #78
JDMPalace
Zilvia Member

JDMPalace has a spectacular aura aboutJDMPalace has a spectacular aura aboutJDMPalace has a spectacular aura aboutJDMPalace has a spectacular aura aboutJDMPalace has a spectacular aura aboutJDMPalace has a spectacular aura about
RIP and my condolences to the family and friends of Alex, EJ, and Nan...

I'm still speechless and shocked about this. I mean I was hanging out with them an hour before the accident and I met Nan for first time, and had no idea she was that young. I decided not to go with them and headed home after the meet.

As some one else said, most of us on here have made a poor judgement calls at one point in our lives. Mark and Alex were close friends and this wasn't the first time Alex was sitting next to Mark or their first time on that road.

Personally I just don't see how EJ gave his car to Mark and allowed him to drive it not just on street as test drive but in the canyon.

I'm sure he was speeding and tried to keep up with other drivers. But it's not summer time so I assume the asphalt was cold and wet and Mark with a unfamiliar fast car didn't make the best decisions and couldn't control the car.

I know sometimes it's nice to have a trust and respect for our friends but there is a limit to everything and I don't think EJ he should have let Mark to take the advantage of the car.

Also Mark as driver should have known better. He was driving someone else's car and there were passengers in the car. He should have think about the what if ... but it's too late now.

RIP Alex,

Last edited by JDMPalace; 12-02-2009 at 01:21 AM..
Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #79
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
ugh. My condolences as well to all the families who lost their love ones. Altho the canyons can be fun, it definitely isnt the safest place. Another example of why we should keep it on the track. Ive had a friend crash on the canyons and im just glad he is alive today.

To everyone who thinks they are invincible on the canyons, remember no matter how good you think you are, other factors come into play. BE SAFE!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #80
k0uki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (47)
k0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
rip, my condolences go out to the families.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 AM   #81
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
awful awful story...RIP to all that parted and good luck to the driver...his life is ultimately ended too...

some of you guys are cold...speculating why this girl was hanging out with people older than her...who cares? who are you to judge and question her integrity? 16 to 18? thats a sophomore hanging out with a senior...16 to 20? thats equivalent to a freshman hanging out with a senior? i dont see anything wrong with that...

lesson: take it to the track, havent ever been back up to the canyons in a car ever since the track...but when i did go up and drove:

1. dont ever "test" other peoples cars (i wouldnt even want that financial burden, lets not even talk about danger)
2. dont bring passengers
2. go with at least another car/driver (to make sure someone knows if anything happened) going alone is straight up RETARDED!!! i dont care how much you guys try and justify it...

so very sad, sounded like really nice kids with so much potential...
Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #82
240sxxs
Zilvia Member

240sxxs is an unknown quantity at this point
so in that 3 peoples photo . the middle guy with glasses is the driver ?? wow man.. im asian and i have an asian parents that very superstious and they said .. IF u taken a picture with 2 other peopls , That mean u bringing bad luck to yourself..Wow Now im scurrr
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 AM   #83
s14canyoncity
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
s14canyoncity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
dang... that pretty fucked up.

I remember seeing this car in August when i was wheeling with my FJ in the Azusa Canyon Dirt park. First thought was hope they made it.

YouTube - AZUSA CANYON OFFROAD 8/2/09
Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #84
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxxs View Post
so in that 3 peoples photo . the middle guy with glasses is the driver ?? wow man.. im asian and i have an asian parents that very superstious and they said .. IF u taken a picture with 2 other peopls , That mean u bringing bad luck to yourself..Wow Now im scurrr
if you are a filipino then yea thats an old superstition.

i dont know about other asian culture.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #85
krazycaron
Leaky Injector

krazycaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to krazycaron
hey if anyone knows when alex's birthday was i am having in memory of stickers made up for him and i need his birthday to finish it....... im having them done in black and white so if you are in sacramento and would like one pm me and we can meet up or you can stop by and pick one up.....also if anyone knows how to get ahold of alexs parents please pm me i have a few things that i would like to dicuss with them about helping out with the memorial for alex....thanks guys......
Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #86
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
You will be missed very much Alex.. RIP and my condolences..

Please learn from this.. cause it seems no ones does...
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #87
2toneluv
Zilvia Junkie

2toneluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32TT-R View Post
the white 240 hatch with carbon flares was marks car but he was driving ej's wrx which he crashed with the other 3 in the car, mark/driver only survivor

dude man mark so sad to hear this happend i feel extremely sorry for everyone involved a prayer will be said for the fallen and mark an innocent great guy who was always willing to lend a hand and help me out no matter what

miss ya buddy hope to see you soon
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #88
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
Please learn from this.. cause it seems no ones does...
i know what you mean, i dont mean to go off topic but its like when you loose a friend to a drunk driver, your other friends who knew the victim are like "dam fuck drunk drivers".. then after some time, you hear about them getting shitfaced and driving like its no big deal.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #89
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Seriously.. its almost as if no lesson was learned.. and it kills me inside.. I know we all do it.. but still tho..fuck..Im in the Marines and came back home to Sac for Thanksgiving and this happened the day right before I left..also my neighbor who had a RHD rx7 and an S15 just passed away from drinking and driving.. my dad talked to him an hour before he died.. he died 2 streets down from slamming on the brakes then flipping over his motorcycle into a metal pole.. he left behind a 8 year old and a fiancee whos pregnant..

condolences to all the families involved even yours mark.. my prayers are with you
Old 12-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #90
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
On the real though, nobody will learn a lesson from this.