Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #31
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
man they're serious about keep those diffuser secret, keeps us updated..
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #32
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
sebastian vettel ftw

oh yeah schumi haha. i wonder how he'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #33
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I don't know how well Vettel can run being as how they will only have to pit due to tires.

He seems to run at 110% even when he is ahead of the pack and should be conserving his car.

This is why I believe that Webber will be faster than his teammate.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #34
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
rumored leak pic of USf1

motorcycle style gearbox in front of the engine, giving them more room in the rear to play with aero.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #35
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i'm getting on a plane tues for bahrain (7months), i FULLY intend to catch a race while i'm there. i did a few years back and it was a BLAST.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #36
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
it doesn't looked like usf1 gained much from the moto trans if that's the case. they'd probably been better off with pullrodd suspension and a transaxle, if they wanted room for more aero.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
It's cool.

They will just be there to fill space.

No worries.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #38
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
It's cool.

They will just be there to fill space.

No worries.
guess not

Anyone else see the race?
Sucks for Vettel but man, it's good to see Ferrari atop of their game again
Nico out-qualifies and out-races Schumacher!
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #39
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
read the race report. sounded like a boring race. i hate that refuelling has been banned. it really is going to be a procession now.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #40
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
who has a racing-underground account

i guess mine got closed since i havent logged on in forever. so anyone that i helped out, anyone wanna return the favor?

i did see part of the race though on speed. damn RBR Renault. Vettel was so close.

Quote:
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #41
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
I talked to one of the guys,

He use to do the aero testing.

They have a 5? mile or so underground testing facility to run the cars.

He said they would have him run test aero on chassis with zero suspension.

I guess they run underground so no turbulence, and no one sneaking pictures.
pretty crazy stuff.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #42
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
FIA to clarify diffuser issue

Quote:
The FIA is set to issue a clarification about double diffuser designs prior to the Australian Grand Prix, following concerns about a number of teams exploiting the area for added performance.

FIA's technical chief Charlie Whiting inspected all the cars at the Bahrain Grand Prix and AUTOSPORT understands that there is some unease about teams utilising start motor holes to make their diffusers more effective.

F1's technical regulations state that a hole can exist in the diffuser to allow access for an engine start motor. Article 3.12.7 states: "A single break in the surface is permitted solely to allow the minimum required access for the device referred to in Article 5.15. [supposed to refer to starter motor, although this is Article 5.16]".

There is no definition of what the 'minimum' requirement is though - and some teams have used exotically shaped starter motors to allow themselves to fit sculpted holes in the diffuser that produce an aerodynamic benefit.

It is understood talks took place between the FIA and at least three teams - including McLaren and Mercedes GP – to sort out the matter. The governing body believes that the outfits are exploiting the rules with what they are doing – even if they are not strictly going against the regulations.

Sources suggest that a clarification will be issued by the FIA prior to the Australian Grand Prix. Reports which suggest the designs had definitely been outlawed are believed to be wide of the mark.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said about the situation: "I think Charlie came came down and looked at all the cars in that area, but I am not aware that anyone had any action taken against them over it. There were some concerns expressed.

"There is a discussion between all the teams about what we are going to do. There are holes in the diffuser for the starter, the hole in ours is no bigger than the one on the championship winning car last year. And also no bigger than it is on about four other cars."
Source
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #43
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I watched the race. Happy for massa and his return to f1. Kinda bummed out at schumis result
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #44
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Schumacher did about what I was expecting.

Maybe he will speed up after the next few races.

But I definitely don't see him winning the championship.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #45
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
^yeah, agree
he did seem disappointed though in post race interviews
wonder what will come out of this new diffuser squabble?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #46
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
who knows man.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #47
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
I guess I'm the lone Lewis Hamilton fan on here?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #48
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you are not my dear friend....
LH #1 win or lose...
Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #49
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
LH #1 win or lose...
LH 4 lyfe, homie!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #50
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
for those who missed it, you can watch them any time on BBC Iplayer website.. you just need to setup a UK proxy ip, use firefox and install the foxyproxy plug in, then find a free UK ip proxy address and put it in, then go to the iplayer website.

The broadcast blows the crap out of speed tv, all the lil pre-race show, animations and the way they explain stuff is just soo much better, i dont blame average americans for finding F1 boring, or limited broadcast lacks even tho the speed guys are good.

Bruno looks alot like Ayrton

Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #51
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I guess I'm the lone Lewis Hamilton fan on here?
As if. Lewis forever.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #52
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
The broadcast blows the crap out of speed tv, all the lil pre-race show, animations and the way they explain stuff is just soo much better, i dont blame average americans for finding F1 boring,
I totally agree. I work overnights and made it home just in time to see the podium ceremony. I downloaded the BBC broadcast of the race but was pissed that it didn't include the pre-race show. Since I already know the result, I'm almost close to refusing to watch the race until I find a torrent that includes the BBC pre-race and will also stream thru my PS3...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #53
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
wish i had to wake up at 7:30am.. us Westcoasters wake up at like 4am!!! lol
Quote:
pfff. comcast HD DVR. greatest thing to happen to US F1 coverage since, uh, well, ever, probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I totally agree. I work overnights and made it home just in time to see the podium ceremony. I downloaded the BBC broadcast of the race but was pissed that it didn't include the pre-race show. Since I already know the result, I'm almost close to refusing to watch the race until I find a torrent that includes the BBC pre-race and will also stream thru my PS3...
The ones I get off newsgroups usually do.

Lewis, phffff......
he was good those couple of years only because Alonso was setting up/developing the car
look at last year for proof

honestly, although I'm a Schumacher fan I think Alonso in a Ferrari must be a nightmare to the other drivers

Bruno may look a lot like Senna (well, at least his helmet does) but he behave like him
they showed and brief interview of him with Coulthard and the guy is all smiles and friendly... not Senna-like at all
Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #54
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^You crazy. Lewis only teamed with Alonso one year (his rookie year) and that year he lost the championship by 1 point. The following year he won the championship. The year after that, poor performance was attribted to the diffuser fiasco of 2009. Mid way thru the 2009 season, Lewis was hauling ass like old times... but it was too late to catch the front runners.

Lewis is a damned beast. But I love that he and Jensen are on the same team. Jensen's tire conservation skills will make their friendly rivalry interesting, IMO.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #55
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
LH #1 win or lose...
Quote:
LH 4 lyfe, homie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
As if. Lewis forever.
High fives for everyone!

Quote:
LH #1 win or lose...
Quote:
LH 4 lyfe, homie!
Quote:
^^^You crazy. Lewis only teamed with Alonso one year (his rookie year) and that year he lost the championship by 1 point. The following year he won the championship. The year after that, poor performance was attribted to the diffuser fiasco of 2009. Mid way thru the 2009 season, Lewis was hauling ass like old times... but it was too late to catch the front runners.

Lewis is a damned beast. But I love that he and Jensen are on the same team. Jensen's tire conservation skills will make their friendly rivalry interesting, IMO.
THIS! (All of it!). I didn't really think about Jensen till you mentioned it. That should be a nice rivalry this season as like you mentioned, he is wonderful at conserving tires....
Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #56
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
THIS! (All of it!). I didn't really think about Jensen till you mentioned it. That should be a nice rivalry this season as like you mentioned, he is wonderful at conserving tires....
Yeah man, the British 2008 champ and the British 2009 champ together on a British team is a great sentimental backdrop for the season. It seems like they had a decent working relationship prior to being teammates so I hope there's no friction like there was with Alonso. And we can be sure Jensen can keep up and score points, unlike Kovalainen.

Lewis and Jensen will need all the teamwork they can muster to pull off a winning season. Seriously, the grid is stacked with powerhouse teams this year.

Massa and Alonso together? Best team of rivals ever IMO. I used to hate them both, but now I have to view them with a grudging respect. You might not like them, but you're still awed by their display of skill. What Alonso did with that bullshit Renault car for the last two years was fucking incredible. And Massa? The little fucker was like the anti-christ to me. But he had so many heart breaking races in the past two seasons, how could you not start liking the guy?

The only person I hate now (and forever) is Vettel. He's forever on my shitlist for almost costing Lewis his championship in 2008 at Interlagos... Thank GOD for Timo Glock's poor tire selection in the wet!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #57
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Malaysian GP Practice coming up on Speed at 2AM EST.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #58
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
mrchomponthis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Australian GP was amazing, Hamilton was on the tear!!! So nice to see Lewis back in the race for top spots.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #59
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Malaysia is another semi borringass track imo.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #60
ManoNegra

Malaysia in the rain is awesome...
on this one attrition due to heat should be interesting
so expect Red Bull to break down again?