Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #4591
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I stopped by the dealer yesterday and had to actually teach the sales manager about this car, he was like a kid at NASA as I told him about it. He had no clue and didn't know where to start with me wanting to be notified when it was available for pre-order other than to take down my name and number on a post-it note.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #4592
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I enjoy this alot. I can only hope its an "FRS Killer". The chance of them making it lightweight, manual trans and turbo is pretty small though.

Could still be a fun car if they want to put some real development into it though!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #4593
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
...This is Nissans attempt to reach out to the youth of Japan... JAPAN... who are not interested in buying a new car...
Actually, thats most of the world now. The younger generations are getting more and more out of touch with the automobile, which is really sad

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #4594
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Actually, thats most of the world now. The younger generations are getting more and more out of touch with the automobile, which is really sad
Agreed. Sadly, to them, it's more about cars having the same functions as your cellphone/laptop now, instead of performance and design.

Wish this thing would be at the LA Auto Show. I'd definitely want to experience its dimensions in person.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #4595
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
ughhh, the more i look at it the more i hate it. Never been a big fan of 510's anyway, eventhou it was a great car. Why do they have to go so "futuristic"? That's the beauty about the frs; eventhough it looks like a modern car it still sticks to those classic bodylines we love so much, none of this futuristic flying cars body lines crap.
case in point

Maybe Nissan needs a joint venture with Toyota.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #4596
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Classic lines?

So this

looks like this from which it gets its name? Yeah it kinda looks like a 2000GT but that's only in general shape.
No the 2000gt
Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #4597
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Has it been said that the IDx is RWD?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #4598
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post

Old 11-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #4599
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
ughhh, the more i look at it the more i hate it. Never been a big fan of 510's anyway, eventhou it was a great car. Why do they have to go so "futuristic"? That's the beauty about the frs; eventhough it looks like a modern car it still sticks to those classic bodylines we love so much, none of this futuristic flying cars body lines crap.
You're clearly not reading any of the articles linked about the car. The body panels are interchangeable for different looks, styles and color combos. You can option the car to look as clean or as janky as you want. That's what the 'futuristic' concept is trying to showcase.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #4600
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No the 2000gt
Already covered that, general shape does not count as classic lines.

Quote:
Nope confirmed FWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #4601
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Nope confirmed FWD.

stop it, youre gonna make people cry!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #4602
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

I guess I am in a bad mood over the CVT... They really gotta be joking with that, a base model option is cool but don't make that our only option.
Quote:

Old 11-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #4603
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i doubt it will be CVT across the board. its going to be an entry level rwd coupe, i doubt they would screw up THAT bad! (especially if its meant to compete against the FRS/BRZ/Genny/Miata)

Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #4604
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
I guess I am in a bad mood over the CVT... They really gotta be joking with that, a base model option is cool but don't make that our only option.
I've been reading that the Nismo's trans would be a CVT gearbox with a 6spd manual... Which promptly confused the hell out of me. A CVT that you shift yourself? WTF?

Is there any other car in the lineup that currently runs such a setup?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #4605
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I stopped by the dealer yesterday and had to actually teach the sales manager about this car, he was like a kid at NASA as I told him about it. He had no clue and didn't know where to start with me wanting to be notified when it was available for pre-order other than to take down my name and number on a post-it note.
It was worth a shot, but I'm not surprised the dealership having no idea of the car, they rarely keep up-to-date on current concepts.

People are probably better off flooding Nissan's social media sites or writing letters expressing their interests.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #4606
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Aheememmmm

not affordable of course, but I just dont see why they cant make cars prettier... does it cost more to have more fluid and sexy looking body lines?I am sure for inovative designes yes but if they spent the money on the concept cars design why not carry it over into production..slightly modified so its functional but alot of cars just come out looking like shit after the concept looks amazing.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #4607
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Damn that looks expensive.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #4608
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I've been reading that the Nismo's trans would be a CVT gearbox with a 6spd manual... Which promptly confused the hell out of me. A CVT that you shift yourself? WTF?

Is there any other car in the lineup that currently runs such a setup?
Its a mode, you suggest to the trans when to shift, but your left foot is sitting there bored wanting to play but no. Its kinda like a manual valve body in a regular automatic.
Quote:

Old 11-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #4609
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Its a mode, you suggest to the trans when to shift, but your left foot is sitting there bored wanting to play but no. Its kinda like a manual valve body in a regular automatic.

i was gonna say its more like tits on a bull, but thats just me...

Old 11-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #4610
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i was gonna say its more like tits on a bull, but thats just me...
buahahahaha
Old 11-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #4611
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
At least the dual clutch flappy paddles are actually shifting when you tell them.

That benz looks like a quick silver pile of shit. Blah. Very 90s car of tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #4612
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
At least the dual clutch flappy paddles are actually shifting when you tell them.

That benz looks like a quick silver pile of shit. Blah. Very 90s car of tomorrow.
hotter than 98% of the new hyper or super cars that cost millions...
I think the Veneno is insane looking.. but this things super fluid lines kill it in the looks dept.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #4613
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Those rims are curb rash city.
Quote:

Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #4614
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
I think its still the ugliest.. hate it considering that Nissan calls it the next FRS competitor. Its a big let down. Even though a concept vs production car has differences, i do not have big hopes for this car.

Heres what they could have done to make it more 510/Hakosuka style. Fk that aero dynamics, the windshield kills the look.

Original post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Here ya go. Not perfect bbut you get the idea.

PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #4615
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'm sorry but that looks like total butt. If you want a vehicle with a vertical windshield find something presmog and have at it.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #4616
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like some booty. I'm interested to see what the production design will look like. Probably better.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #4617
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
How bout this? Faith restored.. Lets go rocket bunny!

PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #4618
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

*face/desk* ugh, rocketbunny...

Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #4619
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
TIL people in this thread don't know how a CVT works. It can ramp the gear ratio and hold a RPM point or it can hold a gear ratio to act like the gear sets in traditional transmission. The best for performance and economy is to hold the RPM at the HP or TQ peak.

But, this is all a moot point as this is a CONCEPT car. "Nissan imagines IDx Freeflow with a 1.2-1.5 gas engine and a CVT." This thing will never be built in it's current form. It's a sounding board to gauge what future drivers will want. Nothing on this concept is set in stone.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #4620
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
TIL people in this thread don't know how a CVT works. It can ramp the gear ratio and hold a RPM point or it can hold a gear ratio to act like the gear sets in traditional transmission. The best for performance and economy is to hold the RPM at the HP or TQ peak.
This. If you're using an auto trans, CVT are amazing. Pulling at peak TQ makes the car feel faster all the way through the gear.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote